Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaFi.com

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It shouldn't do that if you utilize one of the sleep settings.

It says not to use the sleep settings if you use other apps like Remote S or if you have always on turned on and energy savings turned off.

upload_2017-1-6_20-36-41.png

Perhaps some other APP is connecting and parasitically causing vampire drain?

Maybe turn off your "known app(s)" for a while after charging and see if it still happens?

I'm not that worried about it at the moment, but the only apps I have connected are Remote S, Tesla Toolbox, TeslaFi and the ev-fw.com site. TeslaFi was the last one added, and that is when the vampire drain ramped up the most.

I now lose about 4% of battery life overnight since using TeslaFi. Anyone else experiencing excessive battery drain?

I'm getting the same drain on my new car, and I feel quite confident that it is due to Teslafi unfortunately. When I turn off logging I haven't had any drainage (in % at least) in some 30 hrs, and I currently don't use any other apps or logging services.
If I try to use the sleep function and untick Always Connected in the car, the Tesla app is unable to wake up the car.

So at the moment I'm only using Teslafi to log specific trips/days I would like data on.

Reactions: theslimshadyist
I'm getting the same drain on my new car, and I feel quite confident that it is due to Teslafi unfortunately. When I turn off logging I haven't had any drainage (in % at least) in some 30 hrs, and I currently don't use any other apps or logging services.
If I try to use the sleep function and untick Always Connected in the car, the Tesla app is unable to wake up the car.

So at the moment I'm only using Teslafi to log specific trips/days I would like data on.
The Tesla app will wake up the car it just takes 15-20 seconds. If you don't like that and want Always Connected=On just use Deep Sleep Mode. It works well. About 1% or 3 miles per day vampire loss per day for me which is fine.

The Tesla app will wake up the car it just takes 15-20 seconds. If you don't like that and want Always Connected=On just use Deep Sleep Mode. It works well. About 1% or 3 miles per day vampire loss per day for me which is fine.

For some reason, on current app and firmware, I don't seem to be able to wake up the car. I tried 5-6 times and it's like all connection is gone.
I will try the Deep Sleep Mode, it was just my impression that I needed Always Connected = off for it to work.

Thanks!

For some reason, on current app and firmware, I don't seem to be able to wake up the car. I tried 5-6 times and it's like all connection is gone.
I will try the Deep Sleep Mode, it was just my impression that I needed Always Connected = off for it to work.

Thanks!
@Jdeck created Deep Sleep Mode for those of us that wanted quick access to our cars via the Tesla App or Remote S and wanted Always Connected On. You can always throttle the polling level for Deep Sleep. I think the default is 30 minutes.