Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaFi.com

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Max Battery Power can't be selected via API ... ]it is not great for the longevity of the battery

Sorry, I was only meaning in the context of testing whether Battery Heating is working on your car and/or being logged through to TeslaFi.

Other than that I agree with your point about mis/over-use - I've been thinking of using it in cold weather here, but only for 15 minutes or so before departure. Car parking position means it is easy enough for me to go out and turn it on, but I think the greater danger is that I forget to turn it off and don't leave on time!

@Jdeck could you review supercharging logs to see if there is any throttling going on? In the last 14 months since I have owned my car I have charged at the one in Dedham, MA roughly 8 times. The charging speed used to be faster than it is today. Could you compare to see if charge rates are consistent for owners who are charging in Dedham today?

Address: 826 Providence Highway, Dedham, MA
Coordinates: 42.236463, -71.178402

Reactions: WannabeOwner
I'm having an issue downloading my data... I go to my settings area and click to download all the data.
upload_2017-2-1_14-40-16.png

I then save the file to my computer without changing the file name. The file saves as a "gzip" file.
upload_2017-2-1_14-40-42.png

Once saved it shows on my computer as:
upload_2017-2-1_14-41-15.png

If I try to open this file I get a prompt to select the appropriate program. So, I remove the ".gz" from the end of the file name so that it shows as a CSV file. Then when I open the CSV file I get gibberish like this:
upload_2017-2-1_14-39-29.png

What am I doing wrong? I've tried changing the name when saving and it still does the same thing...

I'm having an issue downloading my data... I go to my settings area and click to download all the data.

What am I doing wrong? I've tried changing the name when saving and it still does the same thing...

The file you downloaded is a compressed csv. gz is the file association for the gzip (GNU zip) compression method. For Windows you'll need an application to decompress the file. I recommend the free 7zip, available at 7zip.org

@Jdeck could you review supercharging logs to see if there is any throttling going on? In the last 14 months since I have owned my car I have charged at the one in Dedham, MA roughly 8 times. The charging speed used to be faster than it is today. Could you compare to see if charge rates are consistent for owners who are charging in Dedham today?

Address: 826 Providence Highway, Dedham, MA
Coordinates: 42.236463, -71.178402

I'd like to see this as a generic report / graph. If some Superchargers are consistently slow I'd route to ones that are faster, where I have the option.

There's currently no easy way to do this right now unfortunately. Aggregating the supercharger data is something I plan to do in the future though. Currently I just show the active charges in the supercharges page but plan on showing history and stats for each supercharger. The data is there but I need to pour over it.

Reactions: alb
Thanks, @Jdeck for your help. Found you changed the current setting to zero. Also just changed Tesla.com password. Nothing other than TeslaFi is using the token though. Will see what happens. Yesterday I rebooted the instrument cluster and center console.
It's strange that it's not going to sleep since there's a handful of X's on TeslaFi that have sleep mode enabled and are currently sleeping.

Maybe also try checking to see if cabin overheat protection (can't remember the exact name) is on in the car settings? I know it's most likely mild in temperature where you are, but I've read that it still may cycle the fan to check internal temperature. However, I doubt the other X users have disabled this feature and yet they are still sleeping.

Maybe also try enabling Deep Sleep Mode in the middle of the night from 2-5 am with a polling time of 60 minutes. TeslaFi will then only check the car every hour giving it every chance to sleep it could possibly take over a day or two.

One more thing. Try toggling energy saving on/off and always connected on/off to see if it could be a software glitch and the on/off isn't actually set correctly.

It's strange that it's not going to sleep since there's a handful of X's on TeslaFi that have sleep mode enabled and are currently sleeping.

Maybe also try checking to see if cabin overheat protection (can't remember the exact name) is on in the car settings? I know it's most likely mild in temperature where you are, but I've read that it still may cycle the fan to check internal temperature. However, I doubt the other X users have disabled this feature and yet they are still sleeping.

Maybe also try enabling Deep Sleep Mode in the middle of the night from 2-5 am with a polling time of 60 minutes. TeslaFi will then only check the car every hour giving it every chance to sleep it could possibly take over a day or two.

One more thing. Try toggling energy saving on/off and always connected on/off to see if it could be a software glitch and the on/off isn't actually set correctly.
Thanks again. Cabin overheat protection is off, and smart air conditioning is also off. Should I turn cabin overheat protection on?

Tonight I will enable deep sleep mode.

I have tried toggling of both switches and my X is still not sleeping for more than two hours so it's not working.

Would it matter that I was using TeslaLog and after changing my Tesla.com password before getting my X I didn't access the site at all... Just logged on today, and it was showing my X (of course) and polling was turned on, so I turned them off.

Also my TeslaLog token screen says my November token is still active (shouldn't be because I changed password twice already). There's no way to completely delete my account from TeslaLog so for now I keep polling off.

I'd like to repeat a very minor request I made back in the early days. Currently the "efficiency" value is calculated by dividing miles driven by rated miles used, as such:

64.45 Miles Driven / 75.39 Rated Miles Used = 85.5% Efficiency

But I really can't use the 85.5% number for much.

But (this is for me and maybe other people), if we invert the calculation to calculate "inefficiency" as such:

75.39 Rated Miles/64.45 Miles Driven Used - 1 = 17% inefficiency

That's a number I can wrap my head around.

That means that if the assumed 100% efficient baseline is 300 Wh/m, then if I'm 17% inefficient on a trip, I'd likely consume about 350 Wh/m if I take the same trip again (300*1.17=350).

Likewise, as the % inefficiency goes down, so does the Wh/m -- they move in lockstep. The Efficiency number moves in inverse to Wh/m, which I think, is counterintuitive and not terribly useful in real-world, calculate-in-your-head numbers.

I'd guess you wouldn't want to display both, but I'd sure like to see "inefficiency" displayed somehow, maybe as an option or switch, both on individual drives as well as the daily summary.

Thanks.
This is live. There's a dropdown near the bottom of the settings page to select efficiency/inefficiency. Plus a bunch of other changes some of which are highlighted on the twitter feed.

I see "preconditioning" shows up now in the idle states. What does that tell us ?

I never use pre conditioning so I assume the blue icon means it's off ?
It shows the preconditioning icon if there was more than 5 minutes of heating or cooling during that idle session. Let me know if it needs a different title associated with it vs preconditioning. Thanks.