Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaFi.com

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is not a setting to change the polling time. Have you tried a reboot of the car? It looks like your status went online->waking->unknown. I've seen the unknown status before and it's usually cleared up with a reboot or just waiting it out.
I'm trying that reboot now (by holding both scroll wheels).

... and ... that worked :D.

Reactions: hiroshiy and Jdeck
Something weird today. It didn't track a drive I did, instead it marked the drive as sleeping status? It correctly shows the range loss

Delete
72 % 961-1099 Woolridge St, Coquitlam, BC V3K 5V4, Canada 1 Hour 36 Minutes 1:00 PM 2:37 PM 293.98 264.88 29.1
Looks like you had the same API response of 'Unknown' during the time of your drive. If you look at the raw data page you'll see the same sort of thing as above but your car was asleep->waking->unknown. Since the API wasn't returning any info and TeslaFi couldn't see the drive it recorded the range loss in the last know state which was sleeping. Hopefully it's just a glitch in the API today. After looking at a few other random logs I see it happened once during the day for a few other cars too.

Hey thanks for the new updates! I love them! colouring is just perfect!

I might have just one or two questions for features. (on top of the already asked charge costs adjustments per location)
Can you show the Name of the Car instead of "S85" in various menus?
And may you also allow to list kW/h of range lost instead of range? I don't care about range shown, thats why I use percentage all about the car I can.

That would be really great for me.

I added the charging cost per location last night. There's notes in the new changelog located in the help section (footer) of the website with details. I'm also working on documentation for each feature/page of the site to help explain all of the features and options on the site.

Which menu's are you referring to that display S85?

I added kWh loss for sleeps and idles including the totals on the right side. That is nice data to see.

Thanks

I added the charging cost per location l

I may be misunderstanding how that should work, here's what I see:

TeslaFiCharging.jpg

So on the Calendar I see 3.41 cost. The only charge that day was at WORK, and that is set to a cost of Zero, thus I was expected not to see any cost on the calendar for that day?

My home cost is set to 0.09, so I make the 40.22 kWh added 3.62 or, inflating by 91.7% efficiency perhaps? would be 3.92 - I've not managed to get to the 3.95 shown as the "Charge savings" :( I expect I've misunderstood or done something daft with my maths :oops:

Also:

I have two tagged locations called Home (possibly because you kindly sorted out an issue where my address was not "close" to my actual home location). Anyway, neither of them allow me to set a charging cost on the tagged location - I'm presuming that's because they are labelled "Home" and thus I should set that in CONFIG instead. Just wonder if that might catch some folk out? i.e. they will try to set the Home rate from the Home tagged location, rather than from CONFIG.

EDIT: The "Used 43.8 kWh" x 0.09 comes out at 3.942 which is pretty close to 3.95, so perhaps that is the correct calculation

View attachment 215207
So on the Calendar I see 3.41 cost. The only charge that day was at WORK, and that is set to a cost of Zero, thus I was expected not to see any cost on the calendar for that day?

My home cost is set to 0.09, so I make the 40.22 kWh added 3.62 or, inflating by 91.7% efficiency perhaps? would be 3.92 - I've not managed to get to the 3.95 shown as the "Charge savings" :( I expect I've misunderstood or done something daft with my maths :oops:

Also:

I have two tagged locations called Home (possibly because you kindly sorted out an issue where my address was not "close" to my actual home location). Anyway, neither of them allow me to set a charging cost on the tagged location - I'm presuming that's because they are labelled "Home" and thus I should set that in CONFIG instead. Just wonder if that might catch some folk out? i.e. they will try to set the Home rate from the Home tagged location, rather than from CONFIG.

EDIT: The "Used 43.8 kWh" x 0.09 comes out at 3.942 which is pretty close to 3.95, so perhaps that is the correct calculation
That dollar amount represents your driving costs for the day, not the charging costs. If you look at the right column in the Drive table for that particular day in the main index view, you'll see it matches.

Reactions: WannabeOwner
I added the charging cost per location last night. There's notes in the new changelog located in the help section (footer) of the website with details. I'm also working on documentation for each feature/page of the site to help explain all of the features and options on the site.

Which menu's are you referring to that display S85?

I added kWh loss for sleeps and idles including the totals on the right side. That is nice data to see.

Thanks

wow!

perfect thank you man!
thats what I call "customer" service!
love it!

the screen I found was in the calendar view for example.
pls find the screen grab below.
IMG_1674.PNG

That dollar amount represents your driving costs for the day, not the charging costs. If you look at the right column in the Drive table for that particular day in the main index view, you'll see it matches.

Ah ... all clear now, thanks. Makes much more sense that that is the figure shown. In my case weekday charging is at-work, and "free", so it felt kinda weird that it "cost" 3.21 for the day, and my confusion was coupled with the fact that the charge at work is basically replacing the commute-energy, so charge savings were (similar at) 3.95.

Ah ... all clear now, thanks. Makes much more sense that that is the figure shown. In my case weekday charging is at-work, and "free", so it felt kinda weird that it "cost" 3.21 for the day, and my confusion was coupled with the fact that the charge at work is basically replacing the commute-energy, so charge savings were (similar at) 3.95.
You'll likely always see a discrepancy between the drive costs for the day and the charge savings for the day, as there are efficiency losses in both charging (anywhere from 10-20%) and driving (varies by driving style, but could be up to 35% for very spirited driving). There's also the pesky business of vampire drain being a factor, too. It makes it tricky to put a metric for cost per mile/kilometer.

I'd like to make a request. Like HankLloydRight , I prefer having inefficiency displayed for most of my drives as it makes more sense to me how "poorly" I drove. However, when I do better than rated range, a negative inefficiency just feels wrong. Could we consider displaying those specific drives as a positive efficiency please?
TeslaFi_Screenshot.png

Reactions: HankLloydRight
I'd like to make a request. Like HankLloydRight , I prefer having inefficiency displayed for most of my drives as it makes more sense to me how "poorly" I drove. However, when I do better than rated range, a negative inefficiency just feels wrong. Could we consider displaying those specific drives as a positive efficiency please?

When I used my own web app Logmysc.com to do this (via manual entry), I expressed the "inefficiency" as a percentage of Rated miles over Actual miles -- so 100% (in)efficient was perfect efficiency where rated=actual miles traveled, and 130% inefficient was 30% actual miles over rated, and say 80% inefficient was 20% actual under rated. Below is an example -- see the "Rated/Actual" column. You can see how the efficiency goes up alot with the average speed, as expected. (I drive pretty fast, so I rarely get under 100% rated to actual. ;) )

So perhaps this is a better way to present it (i.e. just add 100 to the number on Teslafi).

upload_2017-2-18_11-37-36.png

I saw the note that today the API was down for almost two hours. However, I am confused on my first drive listed today. It says I started driving after the outage, I drove 24 miles in 9 minutes, and it has 100% Data Accuracy. Something cannot be right there, especially given that I actually made a stop along the way that is not reflected (though could have been in the outage window). Could you explain it a bit please @Jdeck ?
TeslaFi_Screenshot.png

View attachment 215207

Also:

@rfmurphy81 is correct. It was showing the drive cost. I just added charging cost to the day on the calendar as well and included icons to identify them.

Screen Shot 2017-02-19 at 5.12.17 PM.png

I've completed the travel charges but haven't gotten to the home charges yet. I'll be adding time of use cost base soon. For now home charging cost is still entered in the settings page. I disabled the cost per kWh entry on any location title 'Home' until I get to it.

wow!

perfect thank you man!
thats what I call "customer" service!
love it!

the screen I found was in the calendar view for example.
pls find the screen grab below.
View attachment 215217
That icon was actually added because a few people were posting screenshots of that specific table. They wanted to be able to identify what make and model they had for others to make more sense of the data. I'm not sure if people would want to show the car name as well.