Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaLog.com - Your hosted Tesla Data Logger - Announcement / Support threads

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Marc, would it be easy for you to add the average power over a charge session in the summary at the top of charging log pages?

The formula is fairly straightforward: divide the energy added (in kWh) by the charging time (in hours). Result is average power in kW. You just have to be mindful to convert the time to a decimal number.

Thanks again for your time on this!

Marc, would it be easy for you to add the average power over a charge session in the summary at the top of charging log pages?

The formula is fairly straightforward: divide the energy added (in kWh) by the charging time (in hours). Result is average power in kW. You just have to be mindful to convert the time to a decimal number.

Thanks again for your time on this!

Done

Hi, Marc, thanks for offering this cool app. I would pay for this!

One request - could it be possible to detect Euro spec car (mine Japanese but guess same as Euro) so that Rated range is displayed correctly?

US Ideal 250wh/m
US Rated 300wh/m
EU Rated 250wh/m, 156.25wh/km or maybe higher?
EU Typical 320wh/m, 200wh/km

Right now on TeslaLog my 90% is shown as 420km. It should be around 340km Typical.

I just started looking at the first data sets produced today and noted a couple of things... not sure if it's my limited experience and understanding of the site or not. Anyway!

My trip included a section of road that doesn't have reliable cell coverage. Some of it defaults to Edge, some is just dead. The usual Tesla issue of not really getting the connection up again in a timely fashion doesn't help - the connection doesn't reappear until well within the area it should be solid. I'm assuming that Tesla doesn't store data points while without a connection and forward when back up and running? Certainly the mapping on Visible Tesla showed a straight line between end of coverage and regained coverage and TeslaLog does this as well. Am I correct that this is a limitation of Tesla and not something that can be tweaked on the TeslaLog end?

I also noticed that on the graphing for this trip ('Logs' page) the 'Trip Stats' shows what I believe is the correct distance on the X axis. However, the 'Graph Wh/km' seems to show another 20 km of distance on the X axis. I wonder if this has anything to do with the section of dead cell coverage? For what it's worth, the 'Trip Stats' indicates what I think is closest to the correct distance, as measured by the odometer. The Wh/km appears to be too long.

Other than this, I'm really liking what TeslaLog does!

Hi

I tried to register but got these errors upon being redirected from the email sent to me. It just hung up on these two pages.

Screen Shot 2016-01-10 at 9.55.40 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-01-10 at 9.56.17 PM.png

Thanks for any help.

Hi Marc,

Superb work
:smile: thank you. The data is extremely useful. To your earlier question in the thread, I would also pay for this.

A couple of suggestions (knowing how busy you are and that this is in your spare time). On the monthly KWh Charge report would it be useful to also show a column with the rated miles as well as the actual miles for ease of comparison? Also I would find a column with the avg KWh/mile very useful to learn more about my consumption for planning purposes (both for actual and rated).

Thank you again and kudos for your initiative and a great site.

I just started looking at the first data sets produced today and noted a couple of things... not sure if it's my limited experience and understanding of the site or not. Anyway!

My trip included a section of road that doesn't have reliable cell coverage. Some of it defaults to Edge, some is just dead. The usual Tesla issue of not really getting the connection up again in a timely fashion doesn't help - the connection doesn't reappear until well within the area it should be solid. I'm assuming that Tesla doesn't store data points while without a connection and forward when back up and running? Certainly the mapping on Visible Tesla showed a straight line between end of coverage and regained coverage and TeslaLog does this as well. Am I correct that this is a limitation of Tesla and not something that can be tweaked on the TeslaLog end?

I also noticed that on the graphing for this trip ('Logs' page) the 'Trip Stats' shows what I believe is the correct distance on the X axis. However, the 'Graph Wh/km' seems to show another 20 km of distance on the X axis. I wonder if this has anything to do with the section of dead cell coverage? For what it's worth, the 'Trip Stats' indicates what I think is closest to the correct distance, as measured by the odometer. The Wh/km appears to be too long.

Other than this, I'm really liking what TeslaLog does!
Sadly Tesla offer no local storage of that data that is available to the user. I would probably rewrite the whole side around offline Wifi only full log download if they provided such thing instead of pooling in real time ! Maybe someday they will !!!

Wh/km graph probably get confused by the lack of data. Send me a private msg with the link to that specific trip and I'll see what I can do.

Really love this, I use it multiple times a day!

Small suggestion: On the "Functions" page it is not clear whether the set minutes to force climate is registered or not. The "Set" button is not very clear and does not provide any feedback to the user to suggest if the command is accepted or not. In a mobile browser the "Set" button is just shown as text. I use this functionality a lot - it's a great way to have the car stay nice and toasty for me :)

Really love this, I use it multiple times a day!

Small suggestion: On the "Functions" page it is not clear whether the set minutes to force climate is registered or not. The "Set" button is not very clear and does not provide any feedback to the user to suggest if the command is accepted or not. In a mobile browser the "Set" button is just shown as text. I use this functionality a lot - it's a great way to have the car stay nice and toasty for me :)

I want to revamp this whole section, but I don't have time right now ! I might just do a quick change so you can see if your set have worked or not.

In case you don't know, you can set Geo zone where the heating will remain ON for ~30minutes. So if you go to the same location every day for short period, you could use that feature as well and you don't have to do anything.

Correct, any of the data API calls (except for /vehicles) comes from the car. If it loses connection, you lose the data. One area this always happens is when I leave my home and the car transitions from Wi-Fi to LTE.

Marc, I have another quick request: would it be possible to make the charging log table such that the top row with the description of each column (Time, V, Pilot, Amps, etc.) is fixed even when scrolling down?

The problem now is that if I have lots of entries in the table and I scroll down enough, I lose the top row of the table that describes what each number means, so I don't know what to look for - see the first screenshot below.

Ideally, the top row of the table would be fixed so that I can scroll as far down as the last entry, and it would still show the description of each column - see second screenshot example as a mockup.

Merci beaucoup!

Actual screenshot

1st.png

Mockup with header row

2nd.png

I want to revamp this whole section, but I don't have time right now ! I might just do a quick change so you can see if your set have worked or not.

In case you don't know, you can set Geo zone where the heating will remain ON for ~30minutes. So if you go to the same location every day for short period, you could use that feature as well and you don't have to do anything.

I tried adding an area in Geo Action, and I find it having some of the same short comings as earlier mentioned - it's kinda hard to know if I have enabled it succesfully or not.

Just to make it clear: I think it's a great service and my suggestions are in good faith! I fear the tone of my posts are lost in translation and that I come over as a bit rude and ungrateful :)

Marc, I have another quick request: would it be possible to make the charging log table such that the top row with the description of each column (Time, V, Pilot, Amps, etc.) is fixed even when scrolling down?

The problem now is that if I have lots of entries in the table and I scroll down enough, I lose the top row of the table that describes what each number means, so I don't know what to look for - see the first screenshot below.

Ideally, the top row of the table would be fixed so that I can scroll as far down as the last entry, and it would still show the description of each column - see second screenshot example as a mockup.

Merci beaucoup!

Actual screenshot

View attachment 107505

Mockup with header row

View attachment 107506

I've gave it a small try tonight and I couldn't find library that actually achieve this out of the box ! One of them got it close to working, but the columns alignment were still wrong. Not saying it not possible, but It seem I'll have to write my own solutions for it, and that going to take lot of fiddling.

That said, I've changed the display of the charging page to make it more clear what that value is without having to look at the table header.

- - - Updated - - -

I tried adding an area in Geo Action, and I find it having some of the same short comings as earlier mentioned - it's kinda hard to know if I have enabled it succesfully or not.
Just to make it clear: I think it's a great service and my suggestions are in good faith! I fear the tone of my posts are lost in translation and that I come over as a bit rude and ungrateful :)
No worries, I'm translating it again on my end, I'll probably put any negative tone on my own interpretation :)

You use the GEO Action or the GEO Action v2 ?

The feature I've talk about is only implemented in GEO Action (NOT the V2). You right click on the map where you want about your point and it will appear. And yes, I understand that the right click scenario is not very clear here...

It is automatically saved to the server. If you select a radius and move it, it automaticly saved, if you resize the circle, it is automaticly saved, EXCEPT when you click on the marker and you change the number in the text box, then you need to click Save.

For the GEO Action V2, it the same principle, though, it will save only once close a zone. That zone have to be valid though, that mean a line coming back on itself will not work and will show as a RED fill for the zone. Once you created a zone, you have a text box to set a name that will be use in the log list, and when you edit that fields, it turn yellow telling you changed are not saved, if you press enter, it will be saved and the box return white.

I though that this type of interface would feel more intuitive and responsive than having to click save all the time after changing something... Let me know what you think might make it more clear on how it work !

Hi everyone !

I've been wanting to implement an calendar system that is very flexible rather than implement independent features... But I see the road ahead of me in supporting that and I'm thinking to just make the different popular function rather than provide a programming language that flexible.

It also make thing much easier to program, and much simpler for the user since it would clearly state what does what.

So in that step forward, I've created a dummy page that show the predefined scheduling feature that I'm thinking to implement.

You can check it out here : TeslaLog - Demo View

This is only a place holder for me to brainstorm and it actually does nothing !

There is more feature that I got planned that would go into the GEO Action page. For example : Notify someone you pickup everyday that you are getting close by. Or keep the car unlocked when in your garage. Or more general functions like sending you a warning if your car go Off while your Panoroof is open.

But I'm looking more specifically regarding something you might want to schedule.

Not just all possibility, but something that would actually be useful. It doesn't mean that I'll implement it if you ask for it, but it might help to structure the backend so it easier to do it later on.

Hi everyone !

I've been wanting to implement an calendar system that is very flexible rather than implement independent features... But I see the road ahead of me in supporting that and I'm thinking to just make the different popular function rather than provide a programming language that flexible.

It also make thing much easier to program, and much simpler for the user since it would clearly state what does what.

So in that step forward, I've created a dummy page that show the predefined scheduling feature that I'm thinking to implement.

You can check it out here : TeslaLog - Demo View

This is only a place holder for me to brainstorm and it actually does nothing !

There is more feature that I got planned that would go into the GEO Action page. For example : Notify someone you pickup everyday that you are getting close by. Or keep the car unlocked when in your garage. Or more general functions like sending you a warning if your car go Off while your Panoroof is open.

But I'm looking more specifically regarding something you might want to schedule.

Not just all possibility, but something that would actually be useful. It doesn't mean that I'll implement it if you ask for it, but it might help to structure the backend so it easier to do it later on.

This is wonderful Marc! Thanks again for all your hard work on this :biggrin:

Would it be possible to also implement a section that turns the logging ON or OFF based on a time of day & day of week? For example, turn OFF logging every evening at 11pm, turn ON logging every morning at 7am, etc.

Here is my recommendation... Make an IFTTT channel!
With IFTTT you are already connected with things like google calendar, spreadsheets, and a bunch of other things.

Triggers would include car state (charging, off, driving), charge level, car location, inside temperature, outside temperature.
Actions would include HVAC

Examples that I expect you could do with this:
* Turn on my Next thermostat when I'm near home.
* Turn on HVAC under some time / location constraints... You could even let the the user create a google calendar event for "Tesla HVAC on" which would do so... hence you get all the recurring features from there.
* Send an SMS in location X
* Turn on my front light when I get near home at night.
* Honk the horn once when my Nest Protect goes off.
* Log the 90% charge level to a google spreadsheet
Basically all sorts of cool stuff.

Here is my recommendation... Make an IFTTT channel!
With IFTTT you are already connected with things like google calendar, spreadsheets, and a bunch of other things.

Triggers would include car state (charging, off, driving), charge level, car location, inside temperature, outside temperature.
Actions would include HVAC

Examples that I expect you could do with this:
* Turn on my Next thermostat when I'm near home.
* Turn on HVAC under some time / location constraints... You could even let the the user create a google calendar event for "Tesla HVAC on" which would do so... hence you get all the recurring features from there.
* Send an SMS in location X
* Turn on my front light when I get near home at night.
* Honk the horn once when my Nest Protect goes off.
* Log the 90% charge level to a google spreadsheet
Basically all sorts of cool stuff.
LOL, I was about to make a similar response but with fewer good examples! I don't know much about the inner workings of IFTTT (other than everything I've acquired in the way of home automation doesn't seem to be compatible...<sigh>), but being able to think 'outside of the car' so to speak would be a fantastic addition.

Not sure if this applies just to me or is a general bug, so thought I'd post.

For the most recent trip in my log, which was taken this afternoon, the Temperature chart is just missing entirely. The page has space for it, but it is not there. The chart is present for a trip taken earlier in the day.

Thanks!