Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Teslarati speculates that Ludicrous mode is coming

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

If by speculation, you mean Elon saying that it will, then ok? From the linked article:
3L.PNG

(am i missing something here?)

I thought Elon was fairly adamant they had squeezed everything out of the existing 3 drivetrain.

Sure, Plaid hitting S/X might give them room to further tweak the 3 drivetrain without encroaching on S/X numbers, but that would be new hardware.

That was also three years ago and I think of a few times they have changed their minds.

My GUESS at 0-60 times
Roadster Maximum Plaid: <1.85 seconds
Model S Plaid: 2.05 seconds
Model 3 Ludicrous: 2.65 seconds

Reactions: Drizzle
That was also three years ago and I think of a few times they have changed their minds.

My GUESS at 0-60 times

So is this saying if I have a Performance car now, I can pay for 2.65 in your example above or they will only do it for Non P cars? Also would I have to push the button and warm the batteries? I find that really annoying on the S and X.

My GUESS at 0-60 times

Moderately sure folks who've done the math have shown that'd exceed the safe capabilities of the Model 3 hardware, but I'll let someone less lazy search for the relevant posts

I don't. I just assumed no journalist would be so lazy as to pen such a speculative article based on ancient news.
Where in the story do you see them claim this is based on any leak or tip?

It's pure speculation on their part- plus a single 3+ year old tweet that came out about 2 years before the first Performance Model 3 came off the production line.

• Funny
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
I don't. I just assumed no journalist would be so lazy as to pen such a speculative article based on ancient news.

well, it's based on more than that- the news that "higher than ludicrous" modes are coming to the S/X/Roadster was the prompt- and that is new news.

Based on that he speculated that it would allow ludicrous to come to the model 3 since it'd still be "less than" what the S/X/R will have on offer.

If this happens, It'll be like a $6000 upgrade until 6 months afterwards, when it's free/included and then you'll have all these P3D owners complaining about how they paid for it and want a refund.

Hey, it worked once so I see no reason it wouldn't work again.

As long as Fred joins in. He's the star player of Team Whining.

I should disclose that the last refund wasn't truly a refund as we had to give up free supercharging.

I'll give up the my "not yet delivered" spoiler for free ludicrous.

Reactions: Common_Loon