Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla's Code of Business Conduct and Ethics

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Watson

Oct 28, 2016
Earth
Tesla's Code of Business Conduct and Ethics may be of interest to those encountering issues with their order, delivery, service, etc. One section reads as follows under "Competition and Fair Dealing":

"... Each employee, officer and director should endeavor to respect the rights of and deal fairly with the Company's customers, suppliers, competitors and employees. No employee, officer or director should take unfair advantage of anyone through manipulation, concealment, abuse of privileged information, misrepresentation of material facts, or any other intentional unfair-dealing practice."

If you believe the order/delivery/service you received, or are currently receiving, potentially violates this code, then you may want to consider filing a complaint with the company's HQ citing a possible violation of this code.

During the delivery process, you may want to consider asking your DS to put the highlights of your verbal conversations in writing via e-mail. That may become useful in the event you have any concerns, feel coerced, or have disputes later on. If you didn't maintain a written record thus far, then you may want to consider summarizing your prior verbal conversations into a single e-mail and ask your DS to confirm the contents of that e-mail.

Good luck with the delivery of your Tesla!

• Informative
Reactions: sdorn
Welcome to the TMC forums. Given this is your first post, did you encounter unethical behavior in your prior dealings with Tesla and decided to come here to warn others to be on the lookout for similar behavior in their own dealings? If so, you may want to provide details about your specific grievances.

Call me a cynic, but the content seems odd for a first post here. I'll give you the benefit of doubt that you're not here trawling for potential clients.

Oh no, not THE Watson?

watson.png

;)

Welcome to the TMC forums. Given this is your first post, did you encounter unethical behavior in your prior dealings with Tesla and decided to come here to warn others to be on the lookout for similar behavior in their own dealings? If so, you may want to provide details about your specific grievances.

Call me a cynic, but the content seems odd for a first post here. I'll give you the benefit of doubt that you're not here trawling for potential clients.

Tesla's Code of Business Conduct and Ethics may be of interest to those encountering issues with their order, delivery, service, etc. One section reads as follows under "Competition and Fair Dealing":

"... Each employee, officer and director should endeavor to respect the rights of and deal fairly with the Company's customers, suppliers, competitors and employees. No employee, officer or director should take unfair advantage of anyone through manipulation, concealment, abuse of privileged information, misrepresentation of material facts, or any other intentional unfair-dealing practice."

If you believe the order/delivery/service you received, or are currently receiving, potentially violates this code, then you may want to consider filing a complaint with the company's HQ citing a possible violation of this code.

During the delivery process, you may want to consider asking your DS to put the highlights of your verbal conversations in writing via e-mail. That may become useful in the event you have any concerns, feel coerced, or have disputes later on. If you didn't maintain a written record thus far, then you may want to consider summarizing your prior verbal conversations into a single e-mail and ask your DS to confirm the contents of that e-mail.

Good luck with the delivery of your Tesla!

This is interesting. Great information for a first post regardless of motive. Keep it up!

A lot of the complaints I see on this board are coming from statements allegedly made by DS in person or on the phone.

I told my DS that I would prefer email communication and we've strictly talked via email outside of a few credit card charges that were necessary. I would highly advise others to do the same.