Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Teslas in Movies & TV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And of course the author of the book drives a Model S too.

I was going to say that... but I will add, not only is she the author, she was one of the first to get a Model S in the UK. If you go to the UK Model S first buyers presentation on youtube you'll see her name announced and her go to collect her car! She looked a little embarassed. But so would I be if I was the author of that book! Haven't read it - but the film is ok.

Yesterday morning Michael Strahan was talking with his temporary co-host (sorry but I don't know her name, nor what show he is on.) The woman mentioned that her husband and young daughter were doing a cross-country road trip in their Tesla and that they had to stop every two hours to charge. Michael initially didn't think that was a good idea, but she said that Tesla helped them plan the entire trip, and that they were stopping and doing all sorts of fun things, and basically eating their way across America. She also showed several cute photos of her daughter on the trip. Michael pulled out some survey results that said more than half of drivers want road trips to be spontaneous, but in actually most people plan 6 months in advance and only 7% are actually spontaneous. They talked more about all the fun they were having and Michael ended with that he was considering getting a Tesla and doing a road trip!

Screen Shot 2015-07-31 at 3.47.58 PM.png

Conscious hip hop artist from Slovak Republic just released a video clip in honor of Nikola Tesla with, of course, Tesla cars. There are English subtitles. The video starts with burying an ICE engine and words: It's time to let him go.

Last edited by a moderator:
On the TV Show Finding Carter aired on Oct 6 (Tuesday), one of the characters at a party was saying "it has dual motors and falcon wings ..." My SO and I looked at each other and laughed. I commented that indirect references to Teslas was becoming one of those things like references to Breaking Bad in other shows and movies.

Not a movie or TV, but the anti-hero in Paolo Bacigalupi's book "The Water Knife" drives a Tesla. He even predicted the HEPA filters a year before the Model X coming out party:

"Out beside the highway another bright yellow Tesla shone in the sun, waiting obediently for his arrival. Its door slid open. ... He turned on the car. High-performance filters kicked on, sensing dust in the cabin’s interior, cycling rapidly. Guaranteed to strip out infections. Hantavirus, valley fever, and the common cold didn’t stand a chance."

Reactions: J1mbo