Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Teslas in Movies & TV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
House of Lies: "Praise Money, Hallowed be thy Name" episode this past week finally saw the return of Marty's Model S! Best part was when Doug had slipped up and said something off and was kissing up to make up for it, opened the door and said "you good, you got enough gas to get home?" To which Marty replied, "it's an electric car you idiot" (language was a bit more colorful).

Marty Kaan drives a black Tesla on the Showtime series House of Lies. I also spotted it on the TV series The Strain on Fx. The Alonso Creem (the gangster) drives a red Model S. Of course the producers give the car an engine noise as it starts and stops because it would be less dramatic to just see a car pull away and come to a stop...

Marty Kaan drives a black Tesla on the Showtime series House of Lies. I also spotted it on the TV series The Strain on Fx. The Alonso Creem (the gangster) drives a red Model S. Of course the producers give the car an engine noise as it starts and stops because it would be less dramatic to just see a car pull away and come to a stop...

From what I have been told it is actually just a mistake on the sound guys front. He doesn't have any "Tesla" sounds so he just throws in a canned engine sound and calls it a day not realizing what the car is or how it should actually sound.

So I just started watching blacklist and noticed a white model S drive in the background. S01E20, The Kingsman, @17:36. Seems like Teslas are now so prominant in the DC metro area that they are randomly picked up in TV show/movie shootings as normal people drive by. That's pretty amazing! I still remember the day when I took delivery of one of the first dozen cars in Long Island.

Niedermayer: "Blunt force trauma consisted of being struck and run over by an automobile."
Backstrom: "What, that spaceship?"
20150326Backstrom.png

Gravely: "No, that vehicle was registered to the victim."
Backstrom: "Right. Because that battery-operated vanity toy couldn't go fast enough to kill someone."

For those that don't watch Backstrom, his over the top negativity and sarcasm is what makes the show funny. I laughed very hard at the 'battery-operated vanity toy' quote, and anyone that knows me knows how much of a Tesla fan I am. :biggrin:

Caught this glimpse on the new CSI:Cyber show. The context was that the lead character played by Patricia Arquette was able to hack and take over complete control of the car "in a matter of seconds". The car was not mentioned by name and she is strategically placed to block the T logo :smile:

View attachment 74972

In addition, mention on the Pilot is made of the "director showing off his new Tesla..." Or similar.
And in last week's episode a Tesla can be seen in the background at the scateboard park. I'll try to get the details.
I suspect it is owned by the former hacker turned good guy character.

Niedermayer: "Blunt force trauma consisted of being struck and run over by an automobile."
Backstrom: "What, that spaceship?"
View attachment 76329
Gravely: "No, that vehicle was registered to the victim."
Backstrom: "Right. Because that battery-operated vanity toy couldn't go fast enough to kill someone."
Interesting wheels... look like BMW M5 replicas in 20"? I like them!

We used my Tesla while shooting this commercial.

This series of EB Games commercials got some attention on Reddit. One person noticed the car. Thread went something like this.
- She's driving a Tesla. Why does she need to trade in her games?
- Maybe her driving a Tesla is the reason she needs to trade stuff in.
- Maybe she traded her Tesla for $260.

[video]https://youtu.be/_svCyZRfASo[/video]

We used my Tesla while shooting this commercial.

This series of EB Games commercials got some attention on Reddit. One person noticed the car. Thread went something like this.
- She's driving a Tesla. Why does she need to trade in her games?
- Maybe her driving a Tesla is the reason she needs to trade stuff in.
- Maybe she traded her Tesla for $260.

[video]https://youtu.be/_svCyZRfASo[/video]

Did the director know you personally, or how did they end up with your specific vehicle? Would love to hear the background story!

Model S's are featured fairly prominently in the show and in the jokes on The Comedians, a new series with Billy Crystal and Josh Gad which premieres tomorrow (April 9) on FX.

Billy's character (which is a stylized version of Billy) owns and drives a Tesla.

Model S's are featured fairly prominently in the show and in the jokes on The Comedians, a new series with Billy Crystal and Josh Gad which premieres tomorrow (April 9) on FX.

Billy's character (which is a stylized version of Billy) owns and drives a Tesla.

Great, one more show I will now be obligated to watch no matter how good (or bad, as the case may be) the show actually is, just because it has a Tesla in it :D

In the 3rd episode of the CW show "I, Zombie" the main character (a zombie) has a flashback of the killer driving an "electric sedan." It's a Model S. The car is never shown in its entirety, but you can see that it is a Model S from the interior 32 minutes into the episode.