Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla's response to me leaking info about the P100D?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So what does one respond to this?
I know what. Calmly walk away.
You, Sir, clearly know a lot more about all these things than any of us. I'm sure you have been heard as an expert on these topics in court and have given dozens of keynotes about this at various conferences over the past two decades. I'm certain that you have been close friends with many of the key developers of open source software since the 90s (including those filing these fun lawsuits), were in the room when the term "open source" was coined, and have considered Linus your best friend for more than two decades; certainly you have had his daughters over to babysit your daughters many times, work out with his wife a couple of times a week and are looking forward to your next dive trip with him in a couple of weeks before you are on stage with him again for another fun little keynote.
I applaud your employer for their brilliant choice in expert and will withdraw from further participation in this argument.
The stage is yours. Enlighten your curious audience.
Hahahaha, if there ever was a "mine is bigger than yours"-competition, as mentioned upthread, this post would most likely serve as the biggest can of whoop*** ever:)

So are dirkhh's hands big or small? :confused:
image1-4.JPG

The people writing that software disagree, Jason. They take this "license" issue fairly seriously and they politely ask that if you build your business (or your car) based on the software they wrote, you please comply with their license. It's completely irrelevant if the result of that allows you to do anything useful. You use the software. You need to follow the terms under which it was given to you.

Like I said, I think they certainly should comply with the license, and I'm sure they will eventually. It just definitely seems like there are more important things to worry about right now.

Tesla has been contacted several times, on several levels. The people driving the process prefer to start with conversations, not with lawsuits. But the results so far are not promising.

Understood, and that makes sense. But that can only go on for so long. I guess this will all come to a head someday.

I would sure like to read the correspondence going back and forth on this issue. Any chance you can get those big hands of yours on it? ;)

Like I said, I think they certainly should comply with the license, and I'm sure they will eventually. It just definitely seems like there are more important things to worry about right now.

Exactly how much effort would it take to comply with the license?
1 day of effort? 2? A week?

And for a company that wants to be different and ethical, what is more important right now than taking that amount of time to be compliant with the license?

Like for example attracting top software talent, many of which are open source enthousiast. You generally do that by engaging the open source community instead of disregarding your legal obligations towards them. Tesla has so much more to lose here than to win by not having a git.tesla.com it's not even funny.

So what does one respond to this?
I know what. Calmly walk away.
You, Sir, clearly know a lot more about all these things than any of us. I'm sure you have been heard as an expert on these topics in court and have given dozens of keynotes about this at various conferences over the past two decades. I'm certain that you have been close friends with many of the key developers of open source software since the 90s (including those filing these fun lawsuits), were in the room when the term "open source" was coined, and have considered Linus your best friend for more than two decades; certainly you have had his daughters over to babysit your daughters many times, work out with his wife a couple of times a week and are looking forward to your next dive trip with him in a couple of weeks before you are on stage with him again for another fun little keynote.
I applaud your employer for their brilliant choice in expert and will withdraw from further participation in this argument.
The stage is yours. Enlighten your curious audience.

This comes to my mind...

imagegif

Darn....it was suppose to show the king minion dropping the mic....here's a link....anyone know how to post gif's in forums?

Minions GIF - Find Share on GIPHY