Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla's response to me leaking info about the P100D?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's all good. People get excited and carried away. Happens to all of us. No point in taking this any further. I have been called a lot worse :)

I agree. I hope you've calmed down now and realized that half of what you've written is complete nonsense and we can have a more fruitful discussion involving facts and logic going forward. I won't hold your fibs against you. :)

It's all good. People get excited and carried away. Happens to all of us. No point in taking this any further. I have been called a lot worse :)

I agree. I hope you've calmed down now and realized that half of what you've written is complete nonsense and we can have a more fruitful discussion involving facts and logic going forward. I won't hold your fibs against you. :)

I agree. He hasn't been called a lot worse. He was fibbing about that.

You might want to do some research. The first time I heard Dirk speak he was the CTO of SUSE in the 90s before he got picked up by Intel to be their main Linux dude. He is indeed a Linux OG. I don't think I can think of even a half-dozen people better qualified to opine on the topic.

I reeeeally hope that was a pitiful attempt at online humour...

if not let me help you:

http://bfy.tw/4fHW

http://bfy.tw/4fHg

I reeeeally hope that was a pitiful attempt at online humour...

if not let me help you:

http://bfy.tw/4fHW

http://bfy.tw/4fHg

He's also very good at stringing party lights in trees. (Which are still going strong, btw.)

Screen Shot 2016-03-09 at 8.38.47 AM.png

Nice! I appreciate the link, even if it was sarcastic. I concede, he is more OG than I am, but things become more clear now. Much like every time I am on a panel with Stallman, we will never see eye to eye on the legal side of the GPL. I have to deal with the reality of legal issues on a daily basis and find the Beard and Sandals side of the house to be almost mind numbing at times in their view of how things should be. I imagine Dirk is in that crowd, judging by what I've seen. I do, however, sincerely apologize with regards to calling out the fibbing. It's rare you see someone with actual credentials contribute on a forum like this, so I apologize. The irony is, we've probably run across each other at some point, though I don't recall any specific instances and I stopped the conference gigs in 2014.

Nice! I appreciate the link, even if it was sarcastic. I concede, he is more OG than I am, but things become more clear now. Much like every time I am on a panel with Stallman, we will never see eye to eye on the legal side of the GPL. I have to deal with the reality of legal issues on a daily basis and find the Beard and Sandals side of the house to be almost mind numbing at times in their view of how things should be. I imagine Dirk is in that crowd, judging by what I've seen. I do, however, sincerely apologize with regards to calling out the fibbing. It's rare you see someone with actual credentials contribute on a forum like this, so I apologize. The irony is, we've probably run across each other at some point, though I don't recall any specific instances and I stopped the conference gigs in 2014.

this forum is different. There are many participating members with astounding IT credentials, and we don't all make a fuss about it unless called out. You do have to be careful here professing deep knowledge of a technology. You might be talking to the person who invented it.

this forum is different. There are many participating members with astounding IT credentials, and we don't all make a fuss about it unless called out. You do have to be careful here professing deep knowledge of a technology. You might be talking to the person who invented it.

Very true. I have run into several colleagues here both in technology and executive management. It makes sense given the technology involved.

And not just IT. Arriving here is like hitting university... one might have been the smartest guy in the high school graduating class, but quickly realize he/she is just another average intellect on the big campus. Which is good. Probably makes most people think harder than they might do otherwise!

A day doesn't go by where I don't read something here and think "I should be able to do/understand that - I'm a smart guy". And I am. But not that smart. And not that driven either. It's humbling. :crying: And gratifying to know that smart people do exist, because I sure don't see evidence of them most days as I walk through life.

And not just IT. Arriving here is like hitting university... one might have been the smartest guy in the high school graduating class, but quickly realize he/she is just another average intellect on the big campus. Which is good. Probably makes most people think harder than they might do otherwise!

A day doesn't go by where I don't read something here and think "I should be able to do/understand that - I'm a smart guy". And I am. But not that smart. And not that driven either. It's humbling. :crying: And gratifying to know that smart people do exist, because I sure don't see evidence of them most days as I walk through life.

^ What he said.

Agreed. I have expertise in some areas but from time to time have been called out on topics where I know just enough to be dangerous. It's easy to set off the BS detectors around here.

Agreed. I have expertise in some areas but from time to time have been called out on topics where I know just enough to be dangerous. It's easy to set off the BS detectors around here.
LOL! It's probably appropriate that we're in wk057's thread, because he's the worst around here for contributing to feelings of inadequacy! One day he's building a utility scale solar system in his backyard, the next he's reconstructing Tesla battery packs into a rack mount system with custom BMS, and shortly after he's hacking code and sparring with Elon.

I feel a sense of accomplishment getting the full set of upgraded LED lamps into my car cleanly and neatly! Seriously, whiskey-tango-foxtrot... I often find myself wondering if he a) has a job, and; b) ever sleeps. I'm hoping the answer to both is 'no'. Otherwise I should probably avoid looking too closely at my hands... :cool:

sincerely apologize with regards to calling out the fibbing.
Even in your apology you're implying that he fibbed, when it seems pretty clear he did not. You can do better than that, I'm certain.

- - - Updated - - -

Which is part of it's still fun to hang around (somewhat) even with the daily drama about trivial stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Arriving here is like hitting university... one might have been the smartest guy in the high school graduating class, but quickly realize he/she is just another average intellect on the big campus.
Speak for yourself. I feel more like below average around here.

Even in your apology you're implying that he fibbed, when it seems pretty clear he did not. You can do better than that, I'm certain.

Proper apologies can be hard - often one needs to admit fault, which can be very threatening to the ego. So often outcomes the bad impersonation of an apology: "I'm sorry that you felt hurt, but..."