Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Teslike Model Y Survey & Order Tracker Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, everybody. Here are the links for this project:
What do you think about capturing a VIN range instead of just capturing Yes when received? Everyone seems to ask this constantly. Maybe record 107XX, where the last two digits are masked.

Reactions: Microfrost
Could we add a couple of columns to the spreadsheet?

Instead of "Received VIN" (or in addition to) "Date VIN Received"
Add "Delivery Date Given" (because it is my understanding those vary)

Currently in the process of waiting on my VIN and the info I'd love to have is "How long can I expect to wait from time ordered to time of VIN"
Then we could have a semblance of (imaginary) visuals on when to expect deliveries within a given similar timeframe.

Found my VIN this afternoon via MVPA. No email from Tesla on VIN or delivery dates.

Ordered 4/10/2020 when tow hitch offered.

Tesla e-mail 5/21/2020 requesting home address, payment method, etc.

How do you figure out build date?

VIN received in MVPA doc 6/3/2020

VIN 118xx
White Exterior, Black Interior, 19 inch Gemini tires, PUP, FSD, tow hitch!

Last edited:
@autopilotXIX,

• I added a new column for VIN date and another one for VIN source.
• Can you explain what you mean by 'Delivery Date Given'? How does it work these days? In March, when deliveries started, buyers would select the days they are unable to take delivery. Has this changed since then? Also, we already have a column for 'Delivery date'. How does your proposed column differ from the column we already have?

tesla-model-y-delivery-date-email.jpg

In the Google form, we have a question that asks the date of the delivery preparation email. Is this question still up to date? Tesla keeps changing things. Therefore if you are a recent buyer and you see something in the Google form that doesn't make sense or the wording needs to be changed, let me know.

Delivery preparation email
Enter the date you received an email or text message that asked you to provide details about Delivery Location, Registration, Trade-in, and Payment Method

In the Google form, we have a question that asks the date of the delivery preparation email. Is this question still up to date? Tesla keeps changing things. Therefore if you are a recent buyer and you see something in the Google form that doesn't make sense or the wording needs to be changed, let me know.
I am not sure if they are still sending this out, maybe others can chime in. For example, I know a lot of us received the below text and then went in and filled out the Payment Method. I know most of us got this text on the same date so may not be too helpful right now.

"Tesla Update: Model Y production has resumed at the Fremont factory and deliveries have begun.
Model Y deliveries are prioritized for customers who have submitted all items in their Tesla Account on a first come, first served basis. Please log in to tesla.com/teslaaccount to complete Registration, Trade-in and Payment Method.
We currently expect a mid-to-late June delivery for those customers who have submitted all items by May 31st.
For more information or to chat with us, please visit tesla.com/deliveryday or reply to this text."

I have to say I'm very frustrated with their process, and unfortunately we really need our car (lost another vehicle unexpectedly, so now we're really having to stretch to keep everything going without it). We first ordered with $2500 deposit in Oct 2019 or so, for a long range RWD. Then they didn't start making that model, so we modified to AWD several months ago, and pushed through all the required info (we never got any text or emails, but the website changed to let us process registration etc). I did not receive the text above about expecting mid-June delivery. Contacted Tesla via chat and they would offer no help, same with local store. Tesla chat wouldn't even give any real confirmation that it shouldn't be more than 8 weeks, just said 'current estimate for new orders is 4-8 weeks but this is subject to change'.
Now I see people who ordered in just the last few weeks getting deliveries, and we're still waiting.
Ordered LR AWD, MSM exterior, Black interior, 19", No PUP, FSD

I'd like to add a tow hitch, but I have no idea if that modification then kicks us to the back of the line again!
Any advice on this? We won't be able to go much longer without another vehicle...

Thanks!

Just sent a post to Tesla 'Contact Us'. Have been waiting since hour ZERO March 2019 for White/White 21" PUP FSD. Just gave Tesla another order FOR THE SAME CONFIGURATION with a $ 100, not $ 2,500 deposit. Turns out, it's $ 10 cheaper now...ok. Let's see which one shows up with VIN #'s. I'll take delivery of 1st, cancel second. OR, take delivery of both, switching out bad parts, return one with bad parts within 7 days. It's just money from Savings account (in/out).

Just got VIN in source and Manage page went from "drafting up contract" to "make final payment at delivery". This morning it said drafting up contract and didnt have VIN. So Id check if you are waiting.

I ordered April 28th, Black/Black, non-PUP, no-hitch. Paying cash.

Pickup Costa Mesa, CA

VIN is: 12XXX

I added my entry to spreadsheet. As far as communication from Tesla, I got a call from LV a few weeks back with introductions, didnt even talk to them in person, they left a voicemail and when I called back it was voicemail. Then I got a text like many others earlier this week about my car being ready in 2 to 4 weeks.

OK, to update, after my long post yesterday, we are showing source code VIN today. Hope to see delivery date soon!
Guess I'll have to add tow hitch on our own later.
Good luck everyone.

I have to say I'm very frustrated with their process, and unfortunately we really need our car (lost another vehicle unexpectedly, so now we're really having to stretch to keep everything going without it). We first ordered with $2500 deposit in Oct 2019 or so, for a long range RWD. Then they didn't start making that model, so we modified to AWD several months ago, and pushed through all the required info (we never got any text or emails, but the website changed to let us process registration etc). I did not receive the text above about expecting mid-June delivery. Contacted Tesla via chat and they would offer no help, same with local store. Tesla chat wouldn't even give any real confirmation that it shouldn't be more than 8 weeks, just said 'current estimate for new orders is 4-8 weeks but this is subject to change'.
Now I see people who ordered in just the last few weeks getting deliveries, and we're still waiting.
Ordered LR AWD, MSM exterior, Black interior, 19", No PUP, FSD

I'd like to add a tow hitch, but I have no idea if that modification then kicks us to the back of the line again!
Any advice on this? We won't be able to go much longer without another vehicle...

Thanks!

OK, to update, after my long post yesterday, we are showing source code VIN today. Hope to see delivery date soon!
Guess I'll have to add tow hitch on our own later.
Good luck everyone.

Congratulations. Tesla tries very hard to deliver paid-for purchases before the end of the quarter. So it’s likely you will receive yours Before July 1.
Your MVPA doc would show progress too.

Mine is “Preproduction“, eg, not made yet. But I’m expecting it in June now.