Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Teslike Model Y Survey & Order Tracker Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a text that it should be ready to pick up on 9/24 at Littleton.

No MPVA, but VIN is 510xx.

MSM/Black, LR, 19", No FSD, Tow. Ordered 8/31.
Good news more Colorado buyers are hearing things on delivery. My order wasn't until 9-10 and I have heard nothing since the 5-12 day text last Thur on the Blue Metallic, LR, 20", No FSD, no Tow. But I suspect any day now.

Reactions: CO_MY
Troy,

I have a suggestion to fix many incorrectly categorized Trim Level in the spreadsheet.
I noticed all the current Model Y LR RWD orders that say they got a VIN ordered when the RWD was not available to order.
I think you can just move these 13 entries ordered after Jan 30, 2020, to Model Y LR AWD trim.

Sean

I was set to pick up tomorrow and thought I’d made it past the window where a change could happen — alas! They bumped it to Friday dang it.
At least it’s by only one day. Mine got bumped from 9/24 to 9/30. My car is supposed to arrive on 9/29 but I still feel like it’s going to arrive earlier...of course, this assumes there isn’t a bottleneck at the Chicago rail yard.

I took delivery of my MY today (52k vin). Had a paint chips that they noticed, and a couple I noticed, and some door alignment issues that their tech said they could fix. My charge port door was perfectly aligned, as were the rear lights. The rear hatch was also good. Overall the car was good, and I think I spent too much time on this forum reading about issues, that I went into the delivery looking for problems, vs. trying to enjoy the experience.

I think the only issue I have now is I found a paint chip on the hood that is hard to see in the sunlight. Only noticed it when I was in the garage. Going to stop by the delivery center tomorrow morning to have them make note of it so it can get fixed.

Reactions: BUSMAN and CO_MY
Oh wow I was wondering if you got bumped too.... wonder if mine was due to the system outage Tesla had today.
That’d be my guess.

For me, my car wasn’t shipped until, I’m guessing, Monday or Sunday because when I called on Monday for a status they told me my car was in transit and was in Nebraska. I’m guessing it wasn’t shipped due to the reports of delays at the rail yards in Chicago.

I took delivery of my MY today (52k vin). Had a paint chips that they noticed, and a couple I noticed, and some door alignment issues that their tech said they could fix. My charge port door was perfectly aligned, as were the rear lights. The rear hatch was also good. Overall the car was good, and I think I spent too much time on this forum reading about issues, that I went into the delivery looking for problems, vs. trying to enjoy the experience.

I think the only issue I have now is I found a paint chip on the hood that is hard to see in the sunlight. Only noticed it when I was in the garage. Going to stop by the delivery center tomorrow morning to have them make note of it so it can get fixed.

Great to hear. I received a VIN today by the SA from Park Meadows store, 54XXX. No delivery texts or updates in Portal yet. Says should arrive at Littleton Delivery Center by 9/26. Will be checking door alignments and paint. Most posters here are reporting QA seems to be getting better which is a good sign.

Great to hear. I received a VIN today by the SA from Park Meadows store, 54XXX. No delivery texts or updates in Portal yet. Says should arrive at Littleton Delivery Center by 9/26. Will be checking door alignments and paint. Most posters here are reporting QA seems to be getting better which is a good sign.

This was my second Tesla pickup experience, and it wasn't as enjoyable. Part of it I'm sure was due to the touch free delivery, but it also didn't help that Tesla's systems were down yesterday, so it felt like a rush job. The folks at the Superior DC were nice, but at the same time they were very nonchalant about my concerns on paint chips/alignments, just the typical schedule a service appointment. (i.e take it or leave it type of attitude.)

My advice, which I wish I had taken, don't go into it looking for problems, as you will find things that might not normally bother you, and all of a sudden they are huge deals.

That’d be my guess.

For me, my car wasn’t shipped until, I’m guessing, Monday or Sunday because when I called on Monday for a status they told me my car was in transit and was in Nebraska. I’m guessing it wasn’t shipped due to the reports of delays at the rail yards in Chicago.

just got word that the text delaying it was wrong! Heading over to get my Y now :)

Reactions: alexcue