Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Teslike Model Y Survey & Order Tracker Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can anyone confirm on two things?
1. Is your order date based upon when you make the $100 order, or upon when you electronically agree to the purchase agreement/terms for financing?
2. Does changing any details regarding wheels, interior, or FSD put you back to the end of the line, meaning that’s your new order date?

1. Is your order date based upon when you make the $100 order, or upon when you electronically agree to the purchase agreement/terms for financing?

yes, I was told the order date is what counts, but as soon as you receive the confirmation text, I would recommend completing the steps for possible early delivery.

2. Does changing any details regarding wheels, interior, or FSD put you back to the end of the line, meaning that’s your new order date?

yes, I believe it clearly states that any changes may result in delay. As far as back of the line, I’m not sure. As everyone commonly says, it really just depends, you can ask your SA, Tesla Chat, delivery center and you will probably get three different answers.

For #1, you make the $100 payment when you first place the order online. You do the financing and agree to terms afterwards. Be sure to use a referral code URL when ordering. I made that mistake and thought it was something you do as part of the order. Didn't realize it's a separate URL you use.

Can't speak to #2.

As for FSD, you can add that anytime after you get the car. Its a software update.

Since it seems Tesla ships in batches to parts of the country, if you make a change before your region’s cars are made, it won’t affect anything. It may make a difference if there is inventory. The change (at least for me - I changed from MSM to DBM) did change the order date on my order agreement. But my financing, etc. stayed the same. My region still has not gotten their shipment and I am assured mine will be with that batch.

1. I think it's the date you pay the $100. Mostly, I say that because I believe Tesla only tells you that your order may be processed sooner once you complete the online information--not that you won't have an order at all until you do that.
  2. FSD can be done at any time. For the other things, my understanding is that, as long as they haven't started putting your car together, making a change will not put you at the back of the line. I added a tow hitch about five or six weeks after placing the order and it did not delay delivery as far as I can tell. I was also told by the SA that your place in line does not change.

Anyone else notice the MVPA charges the $100 order fee again and there is a discrepancy between what the online portal says is owed and the MVPA?

Amount due on the portal is $100 less than the MVPA. Not sure which one is the most correct but they can't double charge the order fee.
I thought the same but when I added all line items, I see they did give me a credit for the $100 order fee on my MVPA and the calculation on the website.

Going back through the sheet, there are so many gaps that there simply must be folks who never go back to fill in their delivery information, or who defer delivery and don't update.
No doubt there are some that don't go back to the spreadsheet to update, but If you look closely, the unfilled orders are mostly west coast, Oregon, Washington and California. Hopefully now that end of the quarter is getting close, they will focus on us on the west coast.

My order still shows estimated delivery as 7-11 weeks from order placed dat (09/08) but estimated delivery for new orders now shows 5-9 weeks. I wonder if others that order after me will receive theirs before me? Now I know how some of you feel...

I don't see any discrepancy in my stuff, but I already have my MY. The MVPA has cost (as you would get from the order/configuration) + destination + the $100. When I picked it up, the purchase docs take that number and add the several registration and title fees for a total. I wrote a check for exactly $100 less than that final total so it seemed right to me.

My order still shows estimated delivery as 7-11 weeks from order placed dat (09/08) but estimated delivery for new orders now shows 5-9 weeks. I wonder if others that order after me will receive theirs before me? Now I know how some of you feel...
Same case, but I ordered on 09/09... I've talked to an advisor and he told me that my vehicle should be done by September 25th...even if the website shows 7-11 weeks, so I'll just wait...

Update: the MVPA was uploaded today and shows my vin as 52807.

the estimated delivery still shows as 7-11 weeks from order placed date (09/08) but I imagine that will be revised unless something changes with the vehicle and I will have a delivery date soon.

Are there any data points that tells us how Tesla allocates VINs across the country? Looking at the sheet, it seems the high 52XXX and low 53XXX are floating around the southwest. Since mine is a high 52XXX, I would surmise this is not a rejected vehicle?

Update: the MVPA was uploaded today and shows my vin as 52807.

the estimated delivery still shows as 7-11 weeks from order placed date (09/08) but I imagine that will be revised unless something changes with the vehicle and I will have a delivery date soon.

Are there any data points that tells us how Tesla allocates VINs across the country? Looking at the sheet, it seems the high 52XXX and low 53XXX are floating around the southwest. Since mine is a high 52XXX, I would surmise this is not a rejected vehicle?

Very unlikely that a 52xxx VIN would be a rejected vehicle at this point, the 50k VINs just started showing up late last week. As for how they are allocated I don't think Tesla releases anything but seems to be in batches from what I see, especially with the tow hitch. Last quarter lots of the tow hitches had low VINs compared to everyone else now they seem to be higher this quarter. Exterior & interior color also seem to come into play.

If you have a VIN and are in Vegas I would say the odds are pretty good of getting your car before the end of the month. You have probably moved ahead of a lot of people since there is a good chance they can get the car to you by the end of the quarter unlike someone in Miami, Boston, etc.

Reactions: Lounanne
I haven't seen any updates besides a 2-3 week text back on 9/9 for my 8/31 order. I shouldn't have ordered in Midnight Silver! lol.
For us Denver/CO buyers, it sounds like a few orders from AUG are starting to see VINs so hopefully we see more of those pop up in the next couple of weeks. Mine was in on Sept 10th, so later than most but good sign that some West coast orders seemed to be getting VINs.