Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Teslike Model Y Survey & Order Tracker Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Adding a tow hitch should not delay delivery, at least it did not in my situation. As imola.zhp mentioned, the hitch is installed at the factory during the build.
I've been watching the spreadsheet very closely, especially people from Chicagoland. Quick question - did you complete every single step in the order process on the same day? I'm trying to reconcile the difference in order process since I've yet to get my VIN. I placed my order on the 28th and it took me a few days to realize I needed to click "no" on the trade in and provide the insurance for my current vehicle (maybe 5 days tops). Only difference between us is I got the white interior.

I completed all of the steps (including insurance) within 2 days. I received an email from Tesla right away thanking me for my order then a 2nd email the next day to review my loan offer.

I only found my VIN by checking my Manage Order page and this happened 12 days after ordering. I didn't receive any further communication from Tesla until they texted on 10/20 that the vehicle was being shipped.

It doesn't hurt to call the Tesla delivery center you plan to use and they can attempt to answer any questions you may have.

Reactions: kylegbraund
I completed all of the steps (including insurance) within 2 days. I received an email from Tesla right away thanking me for my order then a 2nd email the next day to review my loan offer.

I only found my VIN by checking my Manage Order page and this happened 12 days after ordering. I didn't receive any further communication from Tesla until they texted on 10/20 that the vehicle was being shipped.

It doesn't hurt to call the Tesla delivery center you plan to use and they can attempt to answer any questions you may have.

I've been checking the Manage Order page multiple times every single day. I actually got a VIN around 10/15 or so, but it was gone the next day. I just recently got in touch with my SA - which took a few days to first find out who it was and then actually reach them. They checked on my account and told me that it was the wrong color and that's why it was removed. Said I'm in their "top priority" and will get a VIN assigned as soon as possible...

Just reading through your thread- I'm six and a half weeks since order and I've spoken to two people at my delivery center and a third on Tesla chat and no one seems to know anything. There isn't anything in my account that should be holding up my order. I hope you have better luck.
So I never got a VIN and was at day 31 when I got a text from a Tesla that my car was just unloaded from a truck. That was at 9:30 Sat morning and I took delivery at 1:30 that afternoon. My SA doesn’t know why it never showed up in my account but it was my car I ordered and wasn’t a rejection or financing fall through. Car was built 10/10 and I took delivery 10/24. I’m East coast so that sounds about right for timeline it takes to get out here.

So I never got a VIN and was at day 31 when I got a text from a Tesla that my car was just unloaded from a truck. That was at 9:30 Sat morning and I took delivery at 1:30 that afternoon. My SA doesn’t know why it never showed up in my account but it was my car I ordered and wasn’t a rejection or financing fall through. Car was built 10/10 and I took delivery 10/24. I’m East coast so that sounds about right for timeline it takes to get out here.
Glad you finally got your car but that is messed up the lack of communication. I know you were contemplating cancelling the order. Good thing you stuck it out for a few more days.

Good to hear that you got your model Y eventually. I'm at day 30 since ordering and no update at all from Tesla. Called a few time and no luck. SA also didn't reply to my email. I'm just 10 minutes away from Tesla Fremont factory. It sucks!

Bummer. I just upgraded to a new phone and now realize that my Multifactor Authentication codes did not transfer. Hence, I am unable to access my Tesla account. Have left messages at Tesla contacts but so far have not heard from anyone. Has anyone had similar problems and found a solution?
all good now. The T person had to disable the MFA leaving it to me to redo it. Made sure I have several copies of the backup codes!

Glad you finally got your car but that is messed up the lack of communication. I know you were contemplating cancelling the order. Good thing you stuck it out for a few more days.
Very close to canceling indeed. Lack of communication was troubling and SA still doesn’t know why my VIN was never official assigned in my account until it got to delivery center and then boom it was there. Very weird.

I went to Tesla Fremont factory and asked the sales there. They told me that my estimate delivery is late Nov till end of Dec. It's totally automatic matching in the system and location doesn't matter. I'm very frustrated. I don't understand how most of people in the spreadsheet got their car in days.

Ordered 9/30, white exterior, black interior, 19inch, no tow, no FSD.

I went to Tesla Fremont factory and asked the sales there. They told me that my estimate delivery is late Nov till end of Dec. It's totally automatic matching in the system and location doesn't matter. I'm very frustrated. I don't understand how most of people in the spreadsheet got their car in days.

That should be the easiest car to build and deliver.

Mine was ordered 9/18, same config as jonnyrocks, but with tow. I do not have a VIN yet either, but do have a delivery date of November 12th - it was automatically given to me in my account about a week ago.
Ordered 9/21, still no Vin or updates (midnight silver no hitch), I even called and ask them and asked SA, I feel like he even got mad on me, worst support. And they have to improve on that side.

Other shitty thing is when I ask why spreadsheet shows most people got it and he answered the configuration is different and other factors. Mine is basic and no extras

Thats insane. I'd reorder if I were you. White/black and you live near the factory? WTF

Reactions: imola.zhp