Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Teslike Model Y Survey & Order Tracker Spreadsheet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery today!

Did a full inspection, walk-through on the car. Almost everything was excellent, just a few small scuffs/scratches on the interior plastics, but nothing major.
Panels were great, paint, glass, doors, etc. You can tell they have stepped up their game on the MY quality control.

I really like the new console vs the first gen version.

I'll get some pics up later. Too busy tinkering :)

Pics!

Attachments

• IMG_5245.jpg
    IMG_5245.jpg
    491.3 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_5246.jpg
    IMG_5246.jpg
    459.3 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_5247.jpg
    IMG_5247.jpg
    462.6 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_5248.jpg
    IMG_5248.jpg
    466.4 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_5249.jpg
    IMG_5249.jpg
    679.8 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_5250.jpg
    IMG_5250.jpg
    705.3 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_5251.jpg
    IMG_5251.jpg
    824.6 KB · Views: 75
Got my VIN 1489xx on the Order Page today. Delivery 19-22 March.
Config: MY LR, White, Black Interior, 19" wheels, 5 seat, FSD. Hoping for the heated steering wheel and (HEPA) filter system.
I have my charger parts ready and Tesmanian Floor Mats ordered. This is happing - too fast!
Very close to my build on order but I have the tow hitch. Headlights will likely be the next update which is what I’m painstakingly waiting for. From what I’ve noticed on the threads, it still has not happened as of builds last week. Hoping you get one of the first ones with headlights. Congrats!

Reactions: imola.zhp
How does Tesla assign VIN's? There have been a few assigned to customers the same spec's as what I ordered and they were ordered after I did. I am just curious? When I ordered it was 2-4 weeks, then 2-6 weeks and now all I get from the SA (when he finally contacts me back) is he does not know, but within the next couple of months.
Same here. In San Diego, ordered in early Jan. No VIN yet. SA has no idea when it'll come either. "Thinks" it'll come in the next 10 days.

Yep. Took care of insurance and payment today. I'm guessing, since it is Sat payment won't actually go through right away (Testla site says something suggesting up to 2 bus days), and so won't expect delivery until perhaps Monday. We'll see.
They called me Sun morning, despite having a Mon appointment for delivery, and told me "car is ready, mind if we deliver today?". Said OK. 2 hrs later car was delivered, contactless. I spent about an hour inspecting it and found virtually no problems, certainly no panel gaps. Found a small scratch that may not even be worth it taking care of on left front quarter panel. I may have some light buffeting on rear hatch, but need a good drive to verify. That's it.

Oh. Cannot losing to slacker with Tesla account...

Can anyone who recently took delivery do this calculation of their battery size? There was a rumor that newer Ys have the bigger 82 kWh packs. I know this is not exact, but I am curious as to what some of the new values show.

View attachment 644404
I did this same calculation on my new y, picked up last week and I get 77.4 kwh. Is your picture of an older model 3 or y?

Would the owner of the spreadsheet be open to adding some columns to the 'Form Responses' (i.e. the raw data)? If we added - things like - New console (yes/no), HEPA (y/n), New Headlights etc. (You get the idea) we can better track which feature/upgrade gets turned on at what approximate VIN. Also might help uncover the mystery of whether the MYDM has the same battery as MYP (82KWh), and if so, when did it switch etc.

Thanks!

For my MY LRAWD born 3/19/21 I get 74. I don't think this calculation is very reliable though.
I do think the calculation is fairly reliable as I have used the energy graph in the past for trips and it typically follows the curve pretty accurately. Also, found this youtube video of someone using an app called "scan my tesla" that reads data from the battery bms. 30 seconds in you can see the nominal full pack reads 77 kwh and 33 seconds in you can see full pack when new at 77.8 kwh, and below that it shows degradation of 1%. The theory at this point is that Tesla is software locking 5% of the battery perhaps to increase the range at a later date or to reduce battery degradation.

Would the owner of the spreadsheet be open to adding some columns to the 'Form Responses' (i.e. the raw data)? If we added - things like - New console (yes/no), HEPA (y/n), New Headlights etc. (You get the idea) we can better track which feature/upgrade gets turned on at what approximate VIN. Also might help uncover the mystery of whether the MYDM has the same battery as MYP (82KWh), and if so, when did it switch etc.

Thanks!
Just put it in the comments column.

I just took delivery of my 7 seatter with the yesterday from Northern Virginia. Ordered 2/28 got VIN 3/17 and scheduled delivery 3/24 but they called yesterday and told me it was ready. Delivery experience was mehh no one there, just the car and some papers inside. There are some minor panel gaps, paint chip inside the door and the cap for second row seat was on the floor. I've schedule to bring it in the service center tomorrow for them to take a look.

Reactions: Jemblue7my
I just took delivery of my 7 seatter with the yesterday from Northern Virginia. Ordered 2/28 got VIN 3/17 and scheduled delivery 3/24 but they called yesterday and told me it was ready. Delivery experience was mehh no one there, just the car and some papers inside. There are some minor panel gaps, paint chip inside the door and the cap for second row seat was on the floor. I've schedule to bring it in the service center tomorrow for them to take a look.
To be honest-Tesla is getting away with *sugar* that no other car dealer would. I understand the hype and support that they deserve, but seriously I can't see myself looking at Lexus that is being delivered with the same quality issues. Panel gaps, scratches, paint chips-seriously this is unacceptable on every level. We're not talking about 20k KIA type cars here. With all the add ons I'm spending more than 70k on MY LR7 and the last thing I want to see is any of the above. Besides can any of you imagine i.e Audi Q7 being delivered in the same fashion? Of course there is refusal but again-no other car dealer would get away with having buyer wait months for their order just to deliver one with issues. Just my 2c.

To be honest-Tesla is getting away with *sugar* that no other car dealer would. I understand the hype and support that they deserve, but seriously I can't see myself looking at Lexus that is being delivered with the same quality issues. Panel gaps, scratches, paint chips-seriously this is unacceptable on every level. We're not talking about 20k KIA type cars here. With all the add ons I'm spending more than 70k on MY LR7 and the last thing I want to see is any of the above. Besides can any of you imagine i.e Audi Q7 being delivered in the same fashion? Of course there is refusal but again-no other car dealer would get away with having buyer wait months for their order just to deliver one with issues. Just my 2c.
I completely agree.