Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Hold Up!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good progress made today. OA (Chris) made contact this morning and got me the paperwork needed for financing. Gave me a rough delivery window of 3/22 to 3/27. After some time on the phone with RFBCU, got financing done. Unfortunately was just too late to get the check out today. So it's being overnighted tomorrow and to Tesla Wednesday. Chris will call Wednesday to schedule delivery. Here's hoping I'm on the early side of the window.

Good progress made today. OA (Chris) made contact this morning and got me the paperwork needed for financing. Gave me a rough delivery window of 3/22 to 3/27. After some time on the phone with RFBCU, got financing done. Unfortunately was just too late to get the check out today. So it's being overnighted tomorrow and to Tesla Wednesday. Chris will call Wednesday to schedule delivery. Here's hoping I'm on the early side of the window.

Any advice or lessons learned that may help to get financing squared away between RBFCU and Tesla. Also thinking of using them. Thanks.

Reactions: geoffreak
I'll be there at 2 picking up, assuming no delay in transit...
Hope your car wasn't on my truck... the ISA sounded like she was going to have to move a mountain to get the 5PM delivery on Saturday, but she said she would make sure its done.

"Normally it takes 5-7 days to prep and QA the vehicle, but I'm going to make them do it in one since we had some delays with your shipping and are having to reschedule delivery".

• Love
Yeah, who knows. I think my car was due to arrive earlier in the week as my ISA mentioned something about no collection slots being available until the weekend, so might be on the same transporter. I'm out of the country from next Tuesday, hence the rush to pick it up before then.

Any advice or lessons learned that may help to get financing squared away between RBFCU and Tesla. Also thinking of using them. Thanks.
I recently used RBFCU for my Tesla and the process was extremely easy. I reached out to @Rockster before applying and he shared his experience with me, and my experience mirrored his to the ‘tee’. As someone else mentioned above, it appears their rates recently went up a good amount. Previously, if you applied online you received a 0.20% discount on the interest rate you qualified for. At that time, the lowest rates were 1.95% up to 66/mo & 2.30% up to 75/mo (both rates include the discount mentioned). The ‘consumer lending team’ (who you work with to finalize your loan), went above and beyond. All I had to do was send in standard required docs (DL, copy of Ins., MVPA, MSO or copy of title) and they were ready to finalize the same day. They overnighted the check to Tesla, provided me the check # and tracking # and it was received by my DS & applied the following day. Couldn’t envision a better process and would recommend them to anyone who can become a member (bare minimum requirements is being a TX resident). With all of that said, the new rates below are still lower than that of Alliant, Texans CU, Credit Union of TX, so I’d go with them in a heartbeat.
5F7DE7D2-8A47-4FF3-8454-D2AF7298CECB.jpeg

So jealous of you guys that will actually get to drive your cars. I just get to talk about how cool mine was for the 48 hours I had it. Pumped for y’all, though.

I am going on vacation Thursday and strongly debating taking the 3 on a road trip instead of flying. 2500 round trip.

Nervous taking it right out on the road for that long in case something goes wrong or putting that many miles on it so quick.

Can’t decide!!!

Reactions: benjiejr
I am going on vacation Thursday and strongly debating taking the 3 on a road trip instead of flying. 2500 round trip.

Nervous taking it right out on the road for that long in case something goes wrong or putting that many miles on it so quick.

Can’t decide!!!
That's a tough one. My original plan was to do the same next week when the kids are on Spring Break. I figured by then I would have had enough time with it to ascertain whether or not it was fit for a trip. Now, that probably won't even be an option because it will probably still be in the shop. According to the folks at the SC, it's two weeks to fix the scratch and they dropped it off at the body shop yesterday.

That's a tough one. My original plan was to do the same next week when the kids are on Spring Break. I figured by then I would have had enough time with it to ascertain whether or not it was fit for a trip. Now, that probably won't even be an option because it will probably still be in the shop. According to the folks at the SC, it's two weeks to fix the scratch and they dropped it off at the body shop yesterday.

Yea it’s for spring break and it doesn’t make much sense to rent a car to drive the 2500 miles as that’s one of the main reasons we got a Tesla anyways was for road trips.

That being said the 3 being a “beta” car concerns me for such a long trip and not sure I want to start its life span out with almost 3k miles.

Torn....either way, delivery day!!!!

As others have said their rates went up recently, but I applied prior to that so they honored the 2.3%. Good service, but be prepared to be on the phone with them a while. They had trouble getting the car to show up in the system based on the VIN, so it probably took me an hour or 90 minutes on the phone with them cumulative throughout the day. The annoying thing is if you miss their call back, you have to call the main number and get stuck at the back of the line which was never less than a 20-minute wait time.

• Informative