Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Hold Up!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Worth the wait! Just picked mine up today. SO much fun to drive! Can't wait to take it on a trip.

Configured 1/18
VIN 2/14
Delivery 3/15

Thanks for all the info, advice, and encouragement along the way. It was a big help!

Attachments

• IMG_0507.JPG
    IMG_0507.JPG
    262.5 KB · Views: 54
Well this car (or having to borrow and drive ICE cars) had led me to psychotic behavior. Decided to stop by the service center today, since I work about 10 minutes away. They looked at me like a crazy person but were able to confirm that my appointment for Friday morning was indeed happening. Then about an hour later I got the call from my DS confirming. :confused:

At any rate, the wait is almost over!

Well this car (or having to borrow and drive ICE cars) had led me to psychotic behavior. Decided to stop by the service center today, since I work about 10 minutes away. They looked at me like a crazy person but were able to confirm that my appointment for Friday morning was indeed happening. Then about an hour later I got the call from my DS confirming. :confused:

I'm super jealous. The wait for the invite seems so much worse because you have no idea when it's going to come. You keep thinking, "oh it's going to happen this week" and then Tesla doesn't send any invites at all or they do and you're not in that batch. At least when you're not in the batch, you can stop worrying about it for a week, but then next week it's that same stress all over again.

Now that Tesla is at least delivering here in Texas, there's no more fear by those who have ordered about an indefinite wait. VIN comes in approximately 3-4 weeks, then delivery happens 2-3 weeks after. It's long, but it's predictable. Sure, delays can happen, but you know you're on a timeline and they're trying to get you your car in about 6 weeks.

It's so disappointing with every week that passes that just goes to show that Tesla still can't get the production rates they've been promising and correcting (and correcting yet again). Add in a huge backlog of Texas deliveries (or maybe just Dallas deliveries, who knows) and it just begins to feel like my invite will never happen. Even though I should be nearing the front of the line and be in the next batch of invites,

With no invites today, it seems like no major batch of invites is going out this week and we'll be hitting 3 weeks between batches of invites. This is really a bad sign for the production rates Tesla been promising. If Tesla isn't working hard to drastically improve production rates or decrease invite to delivery timelines, we're in for another big batch of heartbreaks in a few months. My March-May delivery window being this late already certainly does not bode well for those in later delivery windows getting their cars in time, especially here in Texas. I'm estimating late April, maybe even into May for a delivery at the earliest for any new invite at this point.

Reactions: cornbread
I'm super jealous.

I hear ya, man. There were four other 3s parked outside the SC today -- a red, a blue, and 2 white. I saw one black one on the lift in the service area. Then way back in the back (like if you turned left after you came into the service area up the service ramp) there were at least 2 more stored inside. That back storage room could be huge so who knows how many more were back there. So it seems like the backlog is beginning to clear. Hopefully the reported line stoppage in Feb. is the last one for a while.

Reactions: geoffreak

They are used to crazy by now. I was worried about a late minute issue arising too
Are you sure it's not mine?!?! GORGEOUS! Congrats!
Hope it's not yours... because I'm keeping it!! :)

Worth the wait! Just picked mine up today. SO much fun to drive! Can't wait to take it on a trip.

Configured 1/18
VIN 2/14
Delivery 3/15

Thanks for all the info, advice, and encouragement along the way. It was a big help!
Will be watching for you- live just across Coit from JJ Pearce HS. Haven't seen one in the wild in Dallas yet, but looks like deliveries are finally picking up steam. That silver looks better than I could have imagined. Very nice and congrats.

And if any of you all don't get tired of showing them off - I'll be around all weekend ! lol

Reactions: kendallas
Had my car back for 10 minutes yesterday. Noticed the walk up to unlock and walk away to lock functions weren't working. Tried the key card and that wasn't working either. Turned right back around. Long story short: they've had it since then and I'm back in a loaner. In the 366 hours since I took delivery, I've had possession of it for roughly 12 (not counting the hours I was sleeping the first night). Major 1st world problems...

Noticed the walk up to unlock and walk away to lock functions weren't working.

You sure the walk up and walk away lock functions weren't actually working? The latest software update (2018.10.x) changes the behavior of the walk-up and walk-away locking.

Previously, walking up to the car with your paired phone caused the car to unlock, which flashed the lights and unfolded the mirrors, so it was obvious that the car was unlocked. As I understand it now, the car will not do that when you walk up. It doesn't actually unlock until you pull a door handle or press the trunk release. This is to prevent all the light flashes and mirror movement from actuating unintentionally when you walk past the car with your phone.

If these signs that the car was unlocked were what you were looking for, you would then think that it wasn't working until you pulled a door handle. (This is assuming that the service center updated your software while the car was being fixed).

You sure the walk up and walk away lock functions weren't actually working? The latest software update (2018.10.x) changes the behavior of the walk-up and walk-away locking.

Previously, walking up to the car with your paired phone caused the car to unlock, which flashed the lights and unfolded the mirrors, so it was obvious that the car was unlocked. As I understand it now, the car will not do that when you walk up. It doesn't actually unlock until you pull a door handle or press the trunk release. This is to prevent all the light flashes and mirror movement from actuating unintentionally when you walk past the car with your phone.

If these signs that the car was unlocked were what you were looking for, you would then think that it wasn't working until you pulled a door handle. (This is assuming that the service center updated your software while the car was being fixed).
I'm sure. My car does not yet have 10.1. Further, the key card would not lock/unlock the car. Basically, the car could not be locked nor turned off. It was definitely not a user error or misunderstanding of the intended functionality.

I'm sure. My car does not yet have 10.1. Further, the key card would not lock/unlock the car. Basically, the car could not be locked nor turned off. It was definitely not a user error or misunderstanding of the intended functionality.

No problem, just another wrinkle that we have to be aware of ... the Model S software revisions have changed previous behavior on more than one occasion that causes confusing indications.

I hear ya, man. There were four other 3s parked outside the SC today -- a red, a blue, and 2 white. I saw one black one on the lift in the service area. Then way back in the back (like if you turned left after you came into the service area up the service ramp) there were at least 2 more stored inside. That back storage room could be huge so who knows how many more were back there. So it seems like the backlog is beginning to clear. Hopefully the reported line stoppage in Feb. is the last one for a while.

White with 19" wheels? Might be mine.