Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Hold Up!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As others have said their rates went up recently, but I applied prior to that so they honored the 2.3%. Good service, but be prepared to be on the phone with them a while. They had trouble getting the car to show up in the system based on the VIN, so it probably took me an hour or 90 minutes on the phone with them cumulative throughout the day. The annoying thing is if you miss their call back, you have to call the main number and get stuck at the back of the line which was never less than a 20-minute wait time.

Were you within the 60-day rate-lock in, or had your preapproval fallen out of 60 days?

Confirmed my car arrived yesterday morning. Still on schedule for Thursday delivery at 2PM in Dallas. The advisor did say a few trucks after mine were delayed for some reason. It’s possible deliveries after Thursday could be delayed in Dallas.

Wondering why as well.

I am doing a group orientation today for my pickup which I dont think I have ever heard of so wondering if its a Dallas thing or their idea of getting deliveries done more quickly as they ramp up.

Either way, just give me my key card!!

I was within the 60 days. I applied in mid-February shortly after I configured.

Thanks. I applied for preapproval to lock in the rate in early-February. I was an early line waiter at Northpark (approx 60), so hopefully I'll get my configuration email soon (and hopefully I'll get a VIN before 60 days!).

Wait, why did you guys only get 60 days? Maybe I got 90 because I was "just looking"?

l722h19pwhku4mknf22uq289ceb49djyo0d.png

I’m at the SC right now to pick up our MX which has driver side middle seat and rear suspension issues they couldn’t fix until replacement parts are delivered.

Walked the lot and saw six M3’s! Red, blue, white (2), gray and silver. Congrats to all of you and hang in there. Delivery is nigh! The blue and silver look stunning.

Last edited:
I’m at the SC right now to pick up our MX which has driver side middle seat and rear suspension issues they couldn’t fix until replacement parts are delivered.

Walked the lot and saw six M3’s! Red, blue, white (2), gray and silver. Congrats to all of you and hang in there. Delivery is nigh! The blue and silver look stunning.

In Dallas?

I’m an hour out from delivery!! The white was mine I assume. I haven’t been this excited since the day of my S delivery but honestly more excited for this somehow.

In Dallas?

I’m an hour out from delivery!! The white was mine I assume. I haven’t been this excited since the day of my S delivery but honestly more excited for this somehow.
Guessing it wasn't yours. The pics have been deleted, but I think all 6 were outside and were not cleaned up and ready for delivery. At least a couple of them definitely were not. So Dallas may have finally hit the jackpot, a few inside ready for delivery and even more outside just waiting their turn..

Got the documents from Tesla today. The cover letter has the following language:

Please return all required paperwork in the enclosed pre-paid FedEx envelope prior to your delivery date. Refrain from dropping off these documents at your local Tesla location.​

Awesome to hear! I didn’t configure for 3 weeks after my invite because I couldn’t choose between blue and silver. I finally ordered silver.

Texas Hold Up is a good name for this thread and my latest experience...

Configured on 1/18. VIN on 2/14. Paid in full on 2/15.
Delivery scheduled for tomorrow 3/7 in Houston.

Got the call this afternoon that my car had a “structural integrity problem” with the roof during delivery. I assume this is the cracked glass that others on this forum have reported. So now I have to wait until next Tuesday for delivery while they order the parts and repair the roof. They mentioned it takes 48 hours to cure after installation.

So the wait continues... If it is delivered next Tuesday, that will mean Tesla has my full payment for almost a month and I have no car to show for it. They need to sort this stuff out before they get close to making new Tesla owners in mass happy.

Texas Hold Up is a good name for this thread and my latest experience...

Configured on 1/18. VIN on 2/14. Paid in full on 2/15.
Delivery scheduled for tomorrow 3/7 in Houston.

Got the call this afternoon that my car had a “structural integrity problem” with the roof during delivery. I assume this is the cracked glass that others on this forum have reported. So now I have to wait until next Tuesday for delivery while they order the parts and repair the roof. They mentioned it takes 48 hours to cure after installation.

So the wait continues... If it is delivered next Tuesday, that will mean Tesla has my full payment for almost a month and I have no car to show for it. They need to sort this stuff out before they get close to making new Tesla owners in mass happy.
Currently my biggest fear. They are going to attempt to turn my car around in 24 hour since it is set to arrive Friday. Worried they aren't going to have enough time and something is going to come up LAST minute.

Got the documents from Tesla today. The cover letter has the following language:

Please return all required paperwork in the enclosed pre-paid FedEx envelope prior to your delivery date. Refrain from dropping off these documents at your local Tesla location.​

I got them last friday and I took delivery today, just send them back as it didnt factor at all in delaying any delivery or was a factor. I just dropped it in a FedEx box.