Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Hold Up!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Curious as to who you're using for tint/opticoat. Did you use them for your S as well? And if you don't mind, how much are you paying?

I used Brian at Austin Detailing (at Burnet/183) for the coating, and they arranged tinting as well at Sunbusters (at 183 & Duval) for the Model 3.

My Model S was originally a loaner in Denver for the first three months of it's life (over winter at that), so Brian gave it a lot of TLC to restore the paint before applying OptiCoat and it looked brand new (still does when it's clean). It's great never having to wax it. Sunbusters tinted our Model S and one of our Volts as well (independently).

I used Brian at Austin Detailing (at Burnet/183) for the coating, and they arranged tinting as well at Sunbusters (at 183 & Duval) for the Model 3.

My Model S was originally a loaner in Denver for the first three months of it's life (over winter at that), so Brian gave it a lot of TLC to restore the paint before applying OptiCoat and it looked brand new (still does when it's clean). It's great never having to wax it. Sunbusters tinted our Model S and one of our Volts as well (independently).
Getting PPF, tint, and coat done by Darin at Cedar Park Clear Bra. 512-921-8082. [email protected]

ISA called to ask a couple things to finalize the contract paperwork, and set up a tentative delivery date of 3/27 at 2pm, which is now showing up in my Tesla account! That date will get 'more firm' as soon as they get the check in hand. She also said they'd try to move it up if the car gets there any earlier (not holding my breath, but having fewer restless nights between now and then would be great!).

Reactions: zkmusa
So me and 3 friends were the first four in line in the Austin store. We are all non-owners, and all configured on 2/22. Two White/Aeros, one White/Sport, and one MidnightSilver/Aero.

The White/Sport guy just got his VIN last night, and ISA said that car is produced and waiting in lot to ship once payment is finalized. The other 3 of us don't have VINs yet.

• Informative
Reactions: MarkinArch
Just FYI, Tesla sent me off yesterday with delivery of my M3, but did not put any Texas temporary permit (printable temporary license plate) on the car. It's illegal to drive a vehicle on Texas roads without at least a temporary permit, so I went down to the Harris County tax office this morning to get a 30-day temporary permit. They told me that the vehicle already had a temporary permit applied for and issued. This tells me that Tesla got the temporary permit for me, but apparently failed to print it out or place it on the car.

I paid $2 to re-print the temporary permit at the tax office and affixed it to the back window. Having the temporary permit also allowed me to then go get an EZ Tag for the Harris County Toll Road Authority (HCTRA), which is an absolute must for me since I drive on the West Sam Houston Tollway and the Westpark Tollway every day.

Maybe Tesla is mailing me the temporary permit? I don't know, but I needed the EZ Tag immediately, so I didn't mine the $2 for the reprint.

Might want to make a note to at least ask if the temporary permit is available and on the car when you take delivery.

Maybe Tesla is mailing me the temporary permit? I don't know, but I needed the EZ Tag immediately, so I didn't mine the $2 for the reprint.

Might want to make a note to at least ask if the temporary permit is available and on the car when you take delivery.

We took delivery yesterday as well (in Austin). Temporary permit was taped to the back window and there was a second copy in the glovebox. It should be present at delivery, so for anyone picking one up, make sure you find it or ask for it.

Picked up mine yesterday too! Apparently was the second in SATX... my family loves it, and it's a beautiful, fun car. Most of the glitches are PEBSASW, I think ("problem exists between seat and steering wheel", if you're not familiar with the modified acronym), so hopefully I'll get better soon. I had my model Model 3, which was awesome and caused many "ooohs" from my kids. And: it's fun to drive. Feels way sportier than the MS to me, since it's so much smaller. Ride not as choppy as I expected (not noticeably different than my 2015 MS, but I'm not a car person, so that may speak more about me than about the ride), AP was suckier than I'm used to (hard to change speeds, mostly), turn signals were weird for me, doors are harder to close than I'm used to, etc.

Woo hoo! Two year wait over!!!!

Picked up mine yesterday too! Apparently was the second in SATX... my family loves it, and it's a beautiful, fun car. Most of the glitches are PEBSASW, I think ("problem exists between seat and steering wheel", if you're not familiar with the modified acronym), so hopefully I'll get better soon. I had my model Model 3, which was awesome and caused many "ooohs" from my kids. And: it's fun to drive. Feels way sportier than the MS to me, since it's so much smaller. Ride not as choppy as I expected (not noticeably different than my 2015 MS, but I'm not a car person, so that may speak more about me than about the ride), AP was suckier than I'm used to (hard to change speeds, mostly), turn signals were weird for me, doors are harder to close than I'm used to, etc.

Great news and acronym, congrats!

Got rear ended at a stop sign today on the way home from work :(

Attachments

• 6EB72EB6-00D6-4074-B8E0-5BD1DFF313DB.jpeg
    6EB72EB6-00D6-4074-B8E0-5BD1DFF313DB.jpeg
    523.7 KB · Views: 61

I'll need to keep my eyes open! Congrats!

When does the ISA hand the baton over to the DS and the service center? My Tesla still shows my appointment for Saturday, but my ISA has gone radio silent for a couple days as I have been calling to confirm the car made it to Dallas. It is worth trying to get in touch with the service center to find my DS?