Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Hold Up!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just go delayed 3 additional weeks, looks like I'm going to have a car payment before I even get the car. My VIN also disappeared, however, I'm told not to worry as it now shows up in the account 1 week before deliver automatically. Rescheduling the deliver date to greater than 1 week just cleared it.

I called the North Houston service center and they said the can see the car is "in transit" to Dallas. This is super frustrating given how long the delay is. I'm guessing my car is stuck in the Oklahoma black hole.

So I called the pond springs location ! Same answer as always . Car is in OKLAHOMA ! I asked them why the VIN as disappeared from my account , they say that u have an assigned car . The VIN not been on the account might just be a technical glitch. Also asked them if they were getting any deliveries from OK , Dylan said they are but the number of cars waiting to be delivered is a lot , so that’s the reason for delay .

• Informative
Reactions: SleepingLesson
Hey all, I just got an email from my Rep Tiffany! No information but they moved my Pond Springs delivery date back 8 days. I am now scheduled to pick up on Sept. 5th. My only hope is this means all of you that were due to get your vehicles a week or two ago are going to be getting yours over the next week. I just hope the 5th is the big day!

Using that tracking link provided, I might be able to fill in some gaps for the route some cars take from Tesla to TX.

United Road delivered my car to Houston North from a BNSF Logistics park outside Chicago. So it went via train to Chicago, then via truck Chicago to Houston. Looks like it was a full load of 9 delivered to Houston North that day (8/14).

This is neat Lonestar. Wish we had this information the last few weeks lol. I checked mine and it was delivered at North Houston on 8/17 (which is the same as what Tesla told me). Mine doesn't show any other information (just origin Lathrop, destination North Houston). Where are you seeing all the stops in between?

I got back in town last night and I'm picking it up this afternoon! Will provide an update when I get a chance :)

Hey all, I just got an email from my Rep Tiffany! No information but they moved my Pond Springs delivery date back 8 days. I am now scheduled to pick up on Sept. 5th. My only hope is this means all of you that were due to get your vehicles a week or two ago are going to be getting yours over the next week. I just hope the 5th is the big day!

The only thing Tiffany said that makes me think they are working on back-up from OK is that she had to get in touch with the local team. If anyone has a direct number to Pond Springs I would greatly appreciate. The number I called on google just sent me to the Tesla sales (737) 207-8000 and they directed me back to Tiffany.

• Informative
Reactions: pub cheese
@amietk , wonder if your VIN disappeared because now you're outside of the 7-day window for the VIN being on the account page (not that that's an official thing, but that's a theory floating around).
"

I was originally set to take delivery 8/28 before the delay. I hope she is being truthful about
@amietk , wonder if your VIN disappeared because now you're outside of the 7-day window for the VIN being on the account page (not that that's an official thing, but that's a theory floating around).

I'm due to get delivery at Pond Springs on 8/25 and my VIN is still there...for now. It appeared one week before the delivery date.
Maybe?? but I was due to take delivery on Tuesday 8/28 and my VIN has been in my account for over 2 weeks. Tiffany Tesla emailed me back and here is what she said regarding missing VIN "Hello Amie, per our new policies, we no longer display the VIN number in the customer account profile."....I hope this true and that you get your new car @pub cheese as scheduled.

Maybe?? but I was due to take delivery on Tuesday 8/28 and my VIN has been in my account for over 2 weeks. Tiffany Tesla emailed me back and here is what she said regarding missing VIN "Hello Amie, per our new policies, we no longer display the VIN number in the customer account profile."....I hope this true and that you get your new car @pub cheese as scheduled.

Yeah odd... Mind was 8/21 in Dallas and my VIN is still listed on my account. They are really doing this by the seat of their pants.

This is neat Lonestar. Wish we had this information the last few weeks lol. I checked mine and it was delivered at North Houston on 8/17 (which is the same as what Tesla told me). Mine doesn't show any other information (just origin Lathrop, destination North Houston). Where are you seeing all the stops in between?

I got back in town last night and I'm picking it up this afternoon! Will provide an update when I get a chance :)
I'm not seeing the stops in between. Since it was delivered directly from a BNSF holding facility I thought it was safe to assume it got that far by train.

Any Chance you could tell me who you spoke with at Pond Springs? I have tried calling about my scheduled delivery and was told that they have no information on deliveries and transferred to sales...Thanks,

Hmm, what number are you calling? I've never had an issue when calling the 737 number. I've spoken to Dylan every time and he never hesitates to look up delivery info.

Yes, each time I've called I've spoken to Dylan who has been great. I believe the last time I called, he or someone had mentioned that they are not actually located in Texas, but in California due to Texas dealership laws. If you needed to contact the service center directly, that you needed to be manually transferred to that location.

I've been lurking here for a while. I'm in Austin, delivery scheduled for 8/21, and I got called saying my car was in Oklahoma. Haven't heard from IDA Devon, and he rarely responds to calls or emails. Just letting you guys know I'm in the same boat. I'm pretty disappointed, since I took off work on Tuesday for the delivery that never happened.

Reactions: SleepingLesson
Tiffany, Tiffany, Tiffany.
Asked for calls from Tiffany, best I get is an email, maybe 48 hours later, which only answers but one of the questions I've left messages or emailed about.

Latest one this morning confirms my car is in Dallas, set for arrival in Houston this weekend. So according to Tiffany I'm still on track for my scheduled (delayed) delivery a week from Saturday.

With @LonestarV guidance, I signed up with United Road to see all inbound North Houston Deliveries. Last night from home I was able to put up all past and pending deliveries there for the last 6 months. Of course my VIN is not listed.

This morning I thought I'd do something smart since I had the record of my car's transport from the factory to LNR Services - Lathrop Hub I thought I'd sign up for those notifications as well. Not so smart:confused:, now it filling my inbox with delivery receipts, 24 in four hours.

At 8 cars per delivery that's 192 cars in four hours. And this, near as I can tell, is but one outbound path to Texas. Based on my case, and a little conjecture on my part, United Road delivers to LNR Services in Lathrop, from there the path goes cold with the cars appearing again in Dallas or OK where they sit for a while whilst someone figures out how to get them to points south.

This appears to be the back way to Houston as the United Road info for deliveries into Houston I saw last night only showed deliveries direct from Lathrop to Houston or a BNSF yard in Illinois. This leads me to the conjecture that LNR might be a subcontractor to United Road handling some of the shipments into Texas.

Feel free to test my hypothesis.

I've been lurking here for a while. I'm in Austin, delivery scheduled for 8/21, and I got called saying my car was in Oklahoma. Haven't heard from IDA Devon, and he rarely responds to calls or emails. Just letting you guys know I'm in the same boat. I'm pretty disappointed, since I took off work on Tuesday for the delivery that never happened.
That's a bummer, especially losing a day off for that. Did they call you the same day you were supposed to take delivery?