Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Hold Up!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had the DC arrange me a Lyft ride, I figured I would not get excited about delivery until the car showed up to take me to the NHouston DC!

I predict the frustration of your waiting will be replaced with the joy of discovering how great you car is.....I just don’t know when, but I pray it is soon!

Today (day 6) I ‘discovered’ that the car can auto park backing into a spot at H-E-B! Not just parallel park! Amazing!

Thanks for the optimistic words, Wayne...nice to see a mention of good ol' HEB in this Texas thread. :). HEB parking will now have to be one of the first features I'll try, I'm sure. Maybe tomorrow, maybe some day.

I received my Title transfer paperwork just 3 hours before our Lyft ride showed up! Didn’t need it at all, and the Texas DC people are not really supposed to touch them unless they are in the sealed FedEx envelope!

I had delays also, but not as awful as some posters in this thread. Post delivery has been very nice to help forget the pre delivery crap! You will get there!

Reactions: SleepingLesson
My unfortunate update:
Dylan "from here in Austin" (?) called 90 minutes before my delivery time to tell me the car was not here and they'd call me just as soon as it arrived.

Noticed my VIN has disappeared. If they are swapping cars, I wonder what that will do to my paperwork with the CU.

What a letdown. Even worse not having any date to look forward to.

My unfortunate update:
Dylan "from here in Austin" (?) called 90 minutes before my delivery time to tell me the car was not here and they'd call me just as soon as it arrived.

Noticed my VIN has disappeared. If they are swapping cars, I wonder what that will do to my paperwork with the CU.

What a letdown. Even worse not having any date to look forward to.

Sorry to hear that pub cheese. Do you know whether your car was being sent by truck or rail from California? And whether it was delivered to DFW for transport to ATX?

Sorry to hear that pub cheese. Do you know whether your car was being sent by truck or rail from California? And whether it was delivered to DFW for transport to ATX?

Never was really sure where it was. My original VIN never showed up in the trucking tracker. Dylan told me it was just a few hours away, but I'm not buying that because the VIN wouldn't need to disappear. Feels to me like they are going to give me a new VIN. If/when that happens, I'll try the VIN tracker again.

Never was really sure where it was. My original VIN never showed up in the trucking tracker. Dylan told me it was just a few hours away, but I'm not buying that because the VIN wouldn't need to disappear. Feels to me like they are going to give me a new VIN. If/when that happens, I'll try the VIN tracker again.

As others have noted on here the VIN does not show if your delivery date is too far away but reappears when the delivery date is close. This happened to me as well and it did come back. I have had one reschedule but I have not been told where my car is and I have a trade-in with registration that expires at the end of this month. Looking like I may get to pay for another year of registration.

I was told by my Tesla rep that they are no longer showing VINs in the user accounts. Not sure if that is true due to the fact the VINs only disappear when cars are delayed. I'm so sorry you are stuck in the never ending "Dude, where's my car?" Even weirder didn't you get your final paperwork? If so, Dylan might be right and your car is near.

As others have noted on here the VIN does not show if your delivery date is too far away but reappears when the delivery date is close. This happened to me as well and it did come back. I have had one reschedule but I have not been told where my car is and I have a trade-in with registration that expires at the end of this month. Looking like I may get to pay for another year of registration.

Have you checked the MVPA that shows up on your account page to see if it includes a VIN?

Actually, @TX_Drivetime, I'm in the same situation. My old car registration expires at the end of the month, too, and I was hoping not to have to pay that.

True about VINs disappearing till you get closer to the delivery date. My delivery date (was originally today) is gone, replaced with Aug-Oct.

The original VIN is still on the MVPA and I DID get my paperwork with the original VIN on it.

I didn't like how low my VIN is/was (028xxx) so if I had to get a newer one, I might feel a little bit better about the delay. But who knows what'll happen at this point.

Actually, @TX_Drivetime, I'm in the same situation. My old car registration expires at the end of the month, too, and I was hoping not to have to pay that.

True about VINs disappearing till you get closer to the delivery date. My delivery date (was originally today) is gone, replaced with Aug-Oct.

The original VIN is still on the MVPA and I DID get my paperwork with the original VIN on it.

I didn't like how low my VIN is/was (028xxx) so if I had to get a newer one, I might feel a little bit better about the delay. But who knows what'll happen at this point.

I don’t think your VIN will change. Several people have reported (it happened to me too) that the VIN temporarily disappeared from the account page whenever a delivery date had to be changed. My VIN eventually came back and it was the same.

This is all really discouraging, have we confirmed anyone taking delivery recently in Austin? I'm set for Sept 5 but I guess I'm not counting on it reading these stories. Everything has been fairly smooth for me except the 1.5 mths when I got caught up in the paperwork freeze because I needed them to update the loan amount on the MVPA.

I'm also a lower VIN - 30XXX

I've gotten into Austin Pond Springs, Houston North and Dallas Cedar Springs tracking data for deliveries.
In the past month deliveries were:
Austin 38 M3 out of 48 deliveries
Houston 81 M3 out of 92 deliveries
Dallas 65 M3 out of 83 deliveries
@pub cheese JF028029 arrived in Houston this morning, just in case its yours & got mis-directed or is taking the long way to Austin.

Reactions: amietk
Here is the email that I sent to the Tesla Resolutions email address.

5gSFQgR.png

I fully expect to receive no reply.