Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Hold Up!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@hmerrill3 can you explain how to pull up all the VINs arriving at a given destination? I tried to track my VIN but it wasn’t found.
You have to know a VIN for a car that has already arrived at a destination you are wanting information on.
  1. On the United Road site track that VIN by entering that VIN in the field found on the Delivery Receipts tab.
  2. When it finds that VIN on the far right there is a "Register" link where you can create an account by supply your email or text to get updates on every vehicle delivered at the location. A suggestion, if you register at Tesla's Lathrop hub don't indicate you want email updates, your inbox will be flooded. I'm still trying to undo that selection.
  3. Once you are registered you can see historical data as well as currently inbound (in route or pending pickup) traffic.
Be aware Tesla does not use United Road exclusively, at least according to the Delivery Advisor I talked to this afternoon. For those others, I don't think anyone has figured out how to track those vehicles. My car is apparently in this second group.

FYI Houston received 19 cars today via United Road.

You have to know a VIN for a car that has already arrived at a destination you are wanting information on.
  1. On the United Road site track that VIN by entering that VIN in the field found on the Delivery Receipts tab.
  2. When it finds that VIN on the far right there is a "Register" link where you can create an account by supply your email or text to get updates on every vehicle delivered at the location. A suggestion, if you register at Tesla's Lathrop hub don't indicate you want email updates, your inbox will be flooded. I'm still trying to undo that selection.
  3. Once you are registered you can see historical data as well as currently inbound (in route or pending pickup) traffic.
Be aware Tesla does not use United Road exclusively, at least according to the Delivery Advisor I talked to this afternoon. For those others, I don't think anyone has figured out how to track those vehicles. My car is apparently in this second group.

Have you posted those VINs?

I'm not even sure where we are supposed to be looking for our VIN in our Tesla account? The only place mine has ever shown the VIN is in my MVPA that is attached there (which is now incorrect because I changed the loan amount).

Question for everyone - once fully funded are you starting your insurance immediately or when you pick up the car? Seems like another cost that we shouldn't have to pay since we don't have our vehicles but maybe not worth the risk?

My ISA needed me to send him Proof of Insurance with the Model 3 losted on the policy 5 days out from delivery so that he could register the vehicle. So I called my insurance company and had them start it with an effective date of my delivery day, but send me the PoI now

Not sure what I'm going to do (if anything) now that my delivery is moving.

My ISA needed me to send him Proof of Insurance with the Model 3 losted on the policy 5 days out from delivery so that he could register the vehicle. So I called my insurance company and had them start it with an effective date of my delivery day, but send me the PoI now

Not sure what I'm going to do (if anything) now that my delivery is moving.

Got it thanks! I'm sure they'll ask for my proof of insurance 5 days before my deliver, which will likely be delayed :)

Got it thanks! I'm sure they'll ask for my proof of insurance 5 days before my deliver, which will likely be delayed :)
Just an FYI for everybody that has been delayed. I purchased insurance 2 weeks ago when I made my final payment and signed my MPVA, I called my insurance agent Friday and told him my vehicle was delayed. He back dated and canceled my policy so that I would not be charged until my vehicle arrived. Yes, Tesla should cover this but at this point who knows.

I'm not even sure where we are supposed to be looking for our VIN in our Tesla account? The only place mine has ever shown the VIN is in my MVPA that is attached there (which is now incorrect because I changed the loan amount).

Question for everyone - once fully funded are you starting your insurance immediately or when you pick up the car? Seems like another cost that we shouldn't have to pay since we don't have our vehicles but maybe not worth the risk?
When My M3 was delayed I cancelled my insurance binder then re-started it the day after I brought it home. Most insurance companies will cover a new car for up to 30 days on your existing coverage (at least Geico and Progressive do)

So i went down the street and took some pics of the BNSF rail hub here in OKC(just south of Tinker AFB) I even took a pic of their charging method I think you all will enjoy. I estimate there were about 200 cars there and this morning(Sunday 8/26) there were 2 guys cycling cars through the charging area. I wasn’t allowed in and my pics were taken from the street through the fence topped with barb wire.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/7E7ua4ejc1J8ZN726

Attachments

• F43BC51C-837B-4B07-9E65-F29B9EC9E1B4.jpeg
    F43BC51C-837B-4B07-9E65-F29B9EC9E1B4.jpeg
    227.6 KB · Views: 78
Where did you take delivery?

I took delivery in Texas and no paperwork was exchanged at the Houston North Center. Look online for the Purchase Agreement. I received a Fed-X package from Tesla around the time I took delivery. I filled out the included paperwork and Fed-X'd it back to Tesla (in the pre-paid Fed-X envelop they provided in the first Fed-X package). It has been almost 4 weeks since I took M3 delivery and I am still waiting for the Texas license plates and car title to arrive (from the State of Texas).

Does anyone know how long it takes to receive the plates and title?

So i went down the street and took some pics of the BNSF rail hub here in OKC(just south of Tinker AFB) I even took a pic of their charging method I think you all will enjoy. I estimate there were about 200 cars there and this morning(Sunday 8/26) there were 2 guys cycling cars through the charging area. I wasn’t allowed in and my pics were taken from the street through the fence topped with barb wire.

I think I see my car! Now it needs to come home to Mama! Dammit this waiting is killing me.

Adding my story to the misery...

July 7th: Ordered, (RWD, Blue, no-EAP, 18")
July 17th: Edit Button, ISA contacted me, waiting on contract after this...
August 6th: Finally got the contract
August 7th: Paid in Full
August 28th: Original Delivery estimate.
September 18th: New Delivery estimate.

My current understanding is my VIN has not changed, and my Car is in Fremont. I looked on the United Rail site, and didn't get a hit on their website. The car was not shipped due to issues with the 3rd party shipping company. They do not know when the car will be shipped, nor can they notify when it is shipped. I feel like even the new estimate is a guess, and there is no guarantee the will be shipped in time for the new delivery estimate. Luckily, I did not sell my existing car yet, so I can still get to work fine.

Could someone who has taken delivery of a Model 3 in Texas tell me what paperwork Tesla provided? Did you receive a California title or was it a Texas title? What steps did you have to go through to register the car in Texas? Thanks,
Tesla does it for you, that's what the document fee you are paying is for. The FedEx envelope you receive just before delivery contains all the Texas titling documents that require your signature along with a limited power of attorney document where you allow Tesla to title and register the car for you.

Where did you take delivery?

I took delivery in Texas and no paperwork was exchanged at the Houston North Center. Look online for the Purchase Agreement. I received a Fed-X package from Tesla around the time I took delivery. I filled out the included paperwork and Fed-X'd it back to Tesla (in the pre-paid Fed-X envelop they provided in the first Fed-X package). It has been almost 4 weeks since I took M3 delivery and I am still waiting for the Texas license plates and car title to arrive (from the State of Texas).

Does anyone know how long it takes to receive the plates and title?
I've seen it posted elsewhere that it is highly likely that you will go through two temporary tags before your permanent plates arrive. If Tesla can't get registration done within the time period of the first temporary plate they email a second one for you to print and use.

Wow, thanks for that extra effort. :):):) Much appreciated.

While my car is not stuck in OKC (allegedly) I have a nagging suspicion that my vehicle which I told is stuck in Dallas is in a similar situation. Very pleased to see efforts being made to maintain battery charge. Just this morning I started fretting about battery condition given my car will be 6 to 8 weeks since its manufacture date when I finally get it.

Adding my story to the misery...

July 7th: Ordered, (RWD, Blue, no-EAP, 18")
July 17th: Edit Button, ISA contacted me, waiting on contract after this...
August 6th: Finally got the contract
August 7th: Paid in Full
August 28th: Original Delivery estimate.
September 18th: New Delivery estimate.

My current understanding is my VIN has not changed, and my Car is in Fremont. I looked on the United Rail site, and didn't get a hit on their website. The car was not shipped due to issues with the 3rd party shipping company. They do not know when the car will be shipped, nor can they notify when it is shipped. I feel like even the new estimate is a guess, and there is no guarantee the will be shipped in time for the new delivery estimate. Luckily, I did not sell my existing car yet, so I can still get to work fine.
Are you sure it is in Fremont CA and not Lathrop?

I'm seeing 4 M3's in route to Austin 60806, 51372, 47647, 63876 along with a MS. Plus two others "Pending", meaning they have been tagged for delivery & just not picked up yet; 57334 & 75331.

There are 89 Model 3's in Fremont currently that have been tagged pending pickup bound for Lathroup. That's just the queue from what I've seen delivery's from the factory are practically happening 24/7.