Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Hold Up!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sharing an email conversation with my IDA today:

IDA: Your Tesla is currently planning its trip and will be hitting the road shortly from what I’ve been advised.

Me: So is 9/4 still good or am I looking at a second delay? Would like to know so I can plan things around it, I would love to sit at home waiting for Tesla to call me to pick up the car but in reality I have other things do worry about, I am sure you understand… Please let me know if I am still on track for 9/4 delivery, thanks.

IDA: From what I see we should be right on que for delivery on the 4th. I'll check daily and provide updates as I get them.

Me: Thanks. I personally wouldn't mind if the delivery gets pushed back a few days to Friday, 9/7 if you can schedule me at 10:30 am or earlier. Given that there is a labor day in between I don't know if 'right on que' is pushing it a little. But you are the expert so I'll take your advise whatever you see is best.

IDA: You got it. I have you on for Friday 9/7 @ 9:30am.

o_Oo_Oo_O

@louisTM3 ask and you shall receive :rolleyes:

Yes I am ok with that just wondering why he didn't just offer it because I doubt he actually believes it's going to happen on 9/4.

Again the point is that it's probably better to set a realistic date than cancelling on the day or hours before. People will be less pissed off when they have longer time to digest the bad news.

Reactions: SleepingLesson
Sharing an email conversation with my IDA today:

IDA: Your Tesla is currently planning its trip and will be hitting the road shortly from what I’ve been advised.

Me: So is 9/4 still good or am I looking at a second delay? Would like to know so I can plan things around it, I would love to sit at home waiting for Tesla to call me to pick up the car but in reality I have other things do worry about, I am sure you understand… Please let me know if I am still on track for 9/4 delivery, thanks.

IDA: From what I see we should be right on que for delivery on the 4th. I'll check daily and provide updates as I get them.

Me: Thanks. I personally wouldn't mind if the delivery gets pushed back a few days to Friday, 9/7 if you can schedule me at 10:30 am or earlier. Given that there is a labor day in between I don't know if 'right on que' is pushing it a little. But you are the expert so I'll take your advise whatever you see is best.

IDA: You got it. I have you on for Friday 9/7 @ 9:30am.

o_Oo_Oo_O
@louisTM3 Did your IDA reach out to you? Just wondering if I should be expecting an email from Tiffany Tesla regarding my 9/5 rescheduled delivery.

@louisTM3 Did your IDA reach out to you? Just wondering if I should be expecting an email from Tiffany Tesla regarding my 9/5 rescheduled delivery.

I sent him an email to check the status last Friday morning, he got back to me afternoon today.

You should definitely check in with your IDA around a week prior of your scheduled delivery date, I did that last Monday as well and that was how I found out my original delivery date of 8/28 isn't happening. I think the IDAs are so buy getting people to pay up so those who already paid in full like us are probably pretty low on their priority list...

Not sure you really want to have your ISA/IDA call you. Tiffany call me this afternoon to inform me my car is still stuck at the rail hub outside Dallas. The story is it "might" get to Houston by Wednesday. Still to allow time for checks and detailing they have now pushed back my delivery another week to September 8th.

Tiffany and I had a long "chat" relatively speaking. Apparently, there was some big meeting/briefing this morning about the cars stranded at rail hubs and efforts being made to free them. I expressed my concerns about the length of time our vehicles have been in transit & what potential effect it might have on batteries if they haven't been cared for during that time.

Offered LOTS of suggestions as to how Tesla could improve things for the fellow Texans who follow us, most importantly figure out how to easily communicate car positions to buyers, especially those like us who have to pay cash up front. She thanked me several times for the suggestions. Let's see if something becomes of it. Wouldn't it be nice that sometime in the future we could tell war stories about the tribulations of transporting Teslas to Texas and no one would believe you? We can dream right?

Then about an hour later I thought I'd reinforce my points by linking this discussion in an email to her, just the recent part, starting last Thursday. I asked her to pass it up the chain of command so that could see what we are being put through (and the efforts we are going to track down our cars).

Yes I am ok with that just wondering why he didn't just offer it because I doubt he actually believes it's going to happen on 9/4.

Again the point is that it's probably better to set a realistic date than cancelling on the day or hours before. People will be less pissed off when they have longer time to digest the bad news.

louisTM3, it seems to me that setting a date in the distant future
Not sure you really want to have your ISA/IDA call you. Tiffany call me this afternoon to inform me my car is still stuck at the rail hub outside Dallas. The story is it "might" get to Houston by Wednesday. Still to allow time for checks and detailing they have now pushed back my delivery another week to September 8th.

Tiffany and I had a long "chat" relatively speaking. Apparently, there was some big meeting/briefing this morning about the cars stranded at rail hubs and efforts being made to free them. I expressed my concerns about the length of time our vehicles have been in transit & what potential effect it might have on batteries if they haven't been cared for during that time.

Offered LOTS of suggestions as to how Tesla could improve things for the fellow Texans who follow us, most importantly figure out how to easily communicate car positions to buyers, especially those like us who have to pay cash up front. She thanked me several times for the suggestions. Let's see if something becomes of it. Wouldn't it be nice that sometime in the future we could tell war stories about the tribulations of transporting Teslas to Texas and no one would believe you? We can dream right?

Then about an hour later I thought I'd reinforce my points by linking this discussion in an email to her, just the recent part, starting last Thursday. I asked her to pass it up the chain of command so that could see what we are being put through (and the efforts we are going to track down our cars).

Nice. When I spoke with my IDA yesterday, she mentioned the same meeting. She is trying to coordinate with logistics to address my car and several other of her customers stuck in Fort Worth. Should know more tomorrow. I definitely urge everyone to regularly call your IDA and the delivery center for status. I am fortunate to have an IDA who is serious about her job and very responsive, even if she may not have all of the tools or authority to help. But stay in touch. Squeaky wheel, etc.

I sent him an email to check the status last Friday morning, he got back to me afternoon today.

You should definitely check in with your IDA around a week prior of your scheduled delivery date, I did that last Monday as well and that was how I found out my original delivery date of 8/28 isn't happening. I think the IDAs are so buy getting people to pay up so those who already paid in full like us are probably pretty low on their priority list...
Yes, I was also scheduled for 8/28 and contacted my IDA last Thursday to see if we were on time. Of course not, and no additional information was offered. I was rescheduled for 9/5. I plan to reach out again later this week but I am not confident I will be getting my car next week or honest information regarding its whereabouts.

Yes, I was also scheduled for 8/28 and contacted my IDA last Thursday to see if we were on time. Of course not, and no additional information was offered. I was rescheduled for 9/5. I plan to reach out again later this week but I am not confident I will be getting my car next week or honest information regarding its whereabouts.

I have similar feelings. Even with a rescheduled delivery date of 9/18, I have little confidence that I will receive the car before October. Since I have already paid for the car, Tesla has little reason to prioritize delivery of my car this quarter. I won't be buying another car in this fashion again, nor will I recommend Texans buying a Tesla at this time.

Reactions: SleepingLesson
I have similar feelings. Even with a rescheduled delivery date of 9/18, I have little confidence that I will receive the car before October. Since I have already paid for the car, Tesla has little reason to prioritize delivery of my car this quarter. I won't be buying another car in this fashion again, nor will I recommend Texans buying a Tesla at this time.

Actually they do have incentive to deliver our cars this quarter because if they don't then they can't claim revenue, thus can't claim profit. They can only claim cash flow if they don't deliver our cars. Given the priority in Q3 for them is to show profit I think we will see some changes in September. Hey I think it's possible we will all be getting our cars by the end of this quarter!

@ louisTM3, Thanks for the positive post! My hope is they figure out a solution to the hundreds of cars stuck at rail yards within the week but I'm not holding my breath. @HnyBaked I feel your frustration and cannot figure out why they would risk the bad PR and losing a loyal customer base. One of the reasons I purchased my Tesla was the recommendations of Model S owners. It just seems foolish to have had most of these orders for over a year and no, or poor, infrastructure in place to deliver them. I am hopeful that once I get my car I will be able to let go of all of the bad experience so far.

Reactions: louisTM3
Just wanted to add some positive experiences to thread. A Tesla rep called yesterday to bump up my delivery in Houston earlier than expected.

Ordered 8/1/18 (Tesla reached out to start the process soon after)
Bank payment conf 8/18/18 (this delay was just getting the loan processed from my bank and being out of town)
Delivery conf 8/21/18
Scheduled Delivery date: 9/4/18
New delivery date: 8/28/18

United Road tracking below (a big thank you to whoever figured that out, that was extremely helpful).
For anyone just starting out now here is the link: https //www dot unitedroad dot com/delivery-receipts/ (not sure if they allow links here)

Per United:
Delivered from Fremont to Lathrop, CA 7/24/18 4am (looks like car was already built before ordering)
Delivered to Houston North 8/25/18 noon

The person at the Houston location said they are extremely busy and only expect it to increase.

Reactions: Charlesc83
I agree with @louisTM3 , Tesla should be trying to get all outstanding orders delivered they can so they can claim the profit for Q3. I agree this whole process has been a freaking nightmare, but I suppose when you probably double your deliveries from one quarter to the next you have some growing pains. I just wish they Tesla would have been upfront about this aspect, just say look this has become a shitshow and we working on it.

Reactions: louisTM3
Just wanted to add some positive experiences to thread. A Tesla rep called yesterday to bump up my delivery in Houston earlier than expected.

Ordered 8/1/18 (Tesla reached out to start the process soon after)
Bank payment conf 8/18/18 (this delay was just getting the loan processed from my bank and being out of town)
Delivery conf 8/21/18
Scheduled Delivery date: 9/4/18
New delivery date: 8/28/18

United Road tracking below (a big thank you to whoever figured that out, that was extremely helpful).
For anyone just starting out now here is the link: https //www dot unitedroad dot com/delivery-receipts/ (not sure if they allow links here)

Per United:
Delivered from Fremont to Lathrop, CA 7/24/18 4am (looks like car was already built before ordering)
Delivered to Houston North 8/25/18 noon

The person at the Houston location said they are extremely busy and only expect it to increase.
While I am extremely happy for you, this is what infuriates me about Tesla. They do not seem to care how or when orders were placed for vehicles. Most of us reserved over a year ago and ordered months ago and all of us are stuck out in the cold. I hope everything goes smoothly with your pick up and that we all see our cars here soon. It also seems that Houston is getting a TON more deliveries than Austin or Dallas. I wonder if these two cities are just using different carriers.

While I am extremely happy for you, this is what infuriates me about Tesla. They do not seem to care how or when orders were placed for vehicles. Most of us reserved over a year ago and ordered months ago and all of us are stuck out in the cold. I hope everything goes smoothly with your pick up and that we all see our cars here soon. It also seems that Houston is getting a TON more deliveries than Austin or Dallas. I wonder if these two cities are just using different carriers.
My sense is that Tesla is using more direct trucking (i.e., United Road) to deliver to Houston and more rail (OKC and Fort Worth hubs) for Dallas and Austin. They must be using more rail to save money on transport and to utilize staging locations. The delivery centers cannot hold the hundreds of cars being staged in OKC and Fort Worth.

Patience is definitely a virtue with Tesla. Tesla is trying to scale up a complex manufacturing company on the fly and there will be pain involved. Looks like there needs to be some improvement in communication. They are just taking it from so many sides in the media I imagine they are hesitant to talk through the delivery issues. I think the rail theory for Dallas/Austin sounds plausible, looks like they need to work out some kinks there. Your order timeline isn't too different from mine, the key date is when the car is fully funded which sets in motion the ability for them to ship the vehicle. Here's to you getting your vehicle 9/5.

Reactions: amietk
DeliveryPondSprings.jpg
Heads Up Austinites! I hope one of these is yours...