Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Hold Up!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats!

Sorry I must of missed something... what about this text tracking, who do I call to make it happen?
Thanks! Now that the outage is over, I don't see any change on my page. Still saying delivery Sept 8 for me.

Based on the conversation here today, I believe you can call your local service center to get hooked up with a text alert for when your car moves, but I didn't get that far with my guy in Austin. If he really was in Austin.

Finally, got an email from Tiffany! My car is apparently in Austin! Now, to get them to move my delivery date up. So I can drive like the wind this holiday weekend.
Awesome @amietk ! Guessing your VIN didn't show up on United Road, either?

Yes, I've had a bottle of champagne chilling in the fridge for a couple weeks now. Ready to pop that sucker. Eventually.

• Love
Reactions: amietk
Awesome @amietk ! Guessing your VIN didn't show up on United Road, either?

Yes, I've had a bottle of champagne chilling in the fridge for a couple weeks now. Ready to pop that sucker. Eventually.
Nope, no Vin in united and I have no idea where it was before it got here. I am just trying to be optimistic that I will get a M3 in mint condition within the week. Oh and I have a fantastic Pinot waiting for this day.

Last edited:
Thanks! Now that the outage is over, I don't see any change on my page. Still saying delivery Sept 8 for me.

Based on the conversation here today, I believe you can call your local service center to get hooked up with a text alert for when your car moves, but I didn't get that far with my guy in Austin. If he really was in Austin.

Talk about stress! During the outage when you could not see your ‘My Tesla’ details, I could not pre-chill my M3 at the end of the Astros game! How will I ever get someone to use my referral code when this kind of sh*t happens! The App said “unavailable for maintenance”.

See, even once you get your M3 there will be something to worry about! (Sorry about the gloat, but you may do the same after your first week with the car!)

• Funny
Reactions: pub cheese
Checked my account today and my VIN showed back up and the "get your VIN" bubble was filled in the steps chain. I guess my car is actually here but I wont believe it until I see it. I might drive up to pond springs today to see if they will move my appointment up.
@SleepingLesson Did you ever receive a response from the disputes email? Yes, the biggest struggle is how to escalate. They definitely owe you destination fee refund, insurance reimbursement, and they should pick up your car payment tab as well.

Checked my account today and my VIN showed back up and the "get your VIN" bubble was filled in the steps chain. I guess my car is actually here but I wont believe it until I see it. I might drive up to pond springs today to see if they will move my appointment up.
@SleepingLesson Did you ever receive a response from the disputes email? Yes, the biggest struggle is how to escalate. They definitely owe you destination fee refund, insurance reimbursement, and they should pick up your car payment tab as well.
No word from anyone. Emailed my ISA on Tuesday and she hasn't responded.

Make sure you post pictures when you get yours!

Reactions: amietk
No word from anyone. Emailed my ISA on Tuesday and she hasn't responded.

Make sure you post pictures when you get yours!
Well I am still hoping you hear something today. Yeah, I didnt expect you would get a response from disputes but I would probably continue to bug them every week asking for a refund.
Also, I never get a response from my ISA until I call. Then she responds with an email..go figure. Sending positive car vibes your way.

Reactions: SleepingLesson
No update for me either. Called delivery advisor last night to check in and inquire about text alerts. No news and hasn't heard of the text messaging. From OKC picking up in Dallas Cedar Springs.

Reserved 9/2016
Ordered 6/28/2018
Waiting on contract: 6/28-8/3/2018
Paid in full: 8/6/2018
Delivery Attempt #1: 8/21/2018 (stuck in rail hub)
Picked up rental car: 8/22/2018 (rental is reserved until 9/5, but will extend if 3 still isn't ready for delivery)
VIN Removed: 8/25/2018

• Informative
A bit late here... these arrived Tuesday afternoon in Houston North:

5YJ3E1EA4JF076460 TESLA MODEL 3
5YJ3E1EAXJF042099 TESLA MODEL 3
5YJ3E1EA1JF051385 TESLA MODEL 3
5YJXCAE29JF115673 TESLA MODEL X
5YJ3E1EA7JF056929 TESLA MODEL 3
5YJ3E1EB2JF055891 TESLA MODEL 3
5YJ3E1EA3JF056765 TESLA MODEL 3
5YJ3E1EB5JF096046 TESLA MODEL 3

Reactions: NOLA_Mike
As there is no escalation available, I suggest all the TX buyers with delays Tweet @elonmusk to fix the TX delivery hell. ME and a couple other have tweeted. I guess it will get some attention if more of us tweet.

Elon Musk is ignoring tweets from owners, apparently he's more obsessed about that pedo guy than delivering cars.

Don't get me wrong, I am still a Musk believer but Tesla's business practice when it comes to delivering cars and communication has really rubbed me the wrong way. The appearance of Elon Musk is more interested in stick it to the shorts than performing his CEO responsibility is also annoying.

Well, looks like I am outta here. I got a confirmation for a pickup on Saturday (Sep 1st) morning at Pond Springs. So whatever weapons Sleeping Lesson was firing at them must have worked and helped breaking the status quo (except maybe his own :(). From what I know about 10 cars were delivered from OK to Austin by the truck. There would be at least 10 happy families.

Hang in there guys, the nightmare will end soon for y'all. Good luck.

About Mr Musk, he has really gone down many notches on my scale. The juvenile things he does on Twitter reminds me more of my high school bums than a CEO of a so called socially responsible company. His twitter shenanigans like private today, public tomorrow, etc. are now becoming unbearable. Its unclear why he pokes his nose into things like the torpedo submarine, when he has production ramp up and their delivery to focus on. Me thinks, he might have a medical condition that he is not disclosing. As he is getting older, it is becoming more and more pronounced. Otherwise no one can be that stupid. Also, let us not forget he was fired as the CEO of Paypal which he had started. The company has been fine since. Maybe history needs to repeat itself.