Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Hold Up!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Truck assigned does not necessarily mean that the truck has actually picked up your car. It is a holiday weekend and is quite possible the truck did not have enough available hours to make the delivery before having to take a mandatory rest period.

Start being concerned only when it doesn’t move by Wednesday. Also be aware the cars can teleport, just looking at United roads site it would appear it went from the Ft Worth Rail Jail (great term) to Houston without requiring a truck.
Truck has most definitely not picked up the car, that's clear from the info I was able to get this morning. I'm wondering why they assigned it a truck and indicated it was to be picked up/delivered on 8/31 and then that did not happen. I hope to see it happen Tuesday, since they scheduled me for delivery on Wednesday morning.

EDIT, I just read your thought about maybe the truck was forced into a mandatory rest. I suppose that's possible. I know I needed a mandatory rest after the crazy work week I had :)

This all sounds like some beautiful dream I'll never have.

Let me tell you though, his delivery was hardly the result of merrill sitting back and being patient. Guy was on some serious private detective *sugar* to get things moving!

@SleepingLesson Hey I just saw your post on the r/TeslaMotors subreddit and I’m glad it’s getting traction. Hopefully there’s movement soon since Tesla has a history of expediting things once it moves up the chain.

Pretty crazy that we’ve had pretty much had the same timeframe and original delivery dates (Aug 6), yet I seem to be one of the only ones here who got their car “early” (July 28 or 12 days). I seem to have narrowly escaped the now infamous delivery logistics hell that happened after I got my car.

If it makes you feel better, my Model 3 has been in the shop for the past week to fix some paint issues and was told it would likely be another week without my car. :p

Last edited:
Reactions: SleepingLesson
@SleepingLesson Hey I just saw your post on the r/TeslaMotors subreddit and I’m glad it’s getting traction. Hopefully there’s movement soon since Tesla has a history of expediting things once it moves up the chain.

Pretty crazy that we’ve had pretty much had the same timeframe and original delivery dates (Aug 6), yet I seem to be one of the only ones here who got their car “early” (July 28 or 12 days).

If it makes you feel better, my Model 3 has been in the shop for the past week to fix some paint issues and was told it would likely be another week without my car. :p
That doesn't make me feel better, that sucks! Did they at least give you a loaner?

Also the traction I've gotten as a result of the Reddit post is... not really good news. I'll make a post with details when I have them.

Huh, my obsession with this process compelled me to click on my VIN in the current deliveries tab for god knows what reason. Potentially interesting is that the truck assigned to my car has moved from somewhere in Lancaster to Polk St in Dallas. I didn't expect to see anything change for the next couple days. Back to not being able to focus on anything else....

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-09-02 14.45.09.png
    Screenshot 2018-09-02 14.45.09.png
    58.8 KB · Views: 51
  • Informative
Reactions: SleepingLesson
Couple things have come to light today, but I'm going to hold off on a detailed post until I have more info.

I have a question for fellow Texas customers: Did you fill out and send in your car registration info prior to delivery, or were you asked to bring it with you to delivery? Also, the date that you received it is important.

Couple things have come to light today, but I'm going to hold off on a detailed post until I have more info.

I have a question for fellow Texas customers: Did you fill out and send in your car registration info prior to delivery, or were you asked to bring it with you to delivery? Also, the date that you received it is important.

I received my packet via FedEx the day of my originally scheduled delivery, 8/29. The cover letter attached to mine is highlighted (twice!), and underlined, as follows:

Please sign all attached documents prior to your pickup.
Bring all signed documents, sealed in the enclosed return FedEx envelope, to your pickup appointment.
You must bring these documents with you in order to pick up your vehicle.

Your Delivery Advisor or CES will ensure the documents are shipped, and we will diligently register your vehicle on your behalf.​

Of course there's a bit more instruction, but interestingly when my ISA said these documents would come it was, "they should come a day or two before your delivery. Or maybe on the day of. They might even come after."

WTF with that non-committal language. I paraphrased, but that's more or less what my email said. But then the documents seem to indicate no packet, no pickup.

@SleepingLesson, have you received a packet yet, and did you send it back? Now I'm curious.

I received the packet the day prior to my original delivery date of August 4th. It says the exact same as yours. The fact that you were instructed the same indicates that the new info I got today (from Tesla) is wrong. I was basically told I was supposed to mail the paperwork in.

I do have the same cover sheet as yours that clearly indicates otherwise.

I received the packet the day prior to my original delivery date of August 4th. It says the exact same as yours. The fact that you were instructed the same indicates that the new info I got today (from Tesla) is wrong. I was basically told I was supposed to mail the paperwork in.

Wait, are they blaming you now? That is unacceptable. If they were aware of the delay for that requirement, your IDA should have let you know asap.

Well this plot doth thicken. They better not be pinning this delay on you. That's not cool.

That is BS.

I've heard from many people that they picked up the car without even getting the FedEx package. As matter of fact, I haven't even gotten my package (my schedule delivery date was 9/7) and Cedar Springs contacted me on 8/31 to ask me if I can go pick it up on 9/1. I couldn't so they rescheduled me to 9/6. I will contact the DC and IDA regarding the registration stuffs on Tuesday, will report back once I find out more.

@SleepingLesson I know it sucks feeling like you are being singled out and not treated fairly, in general, or at least equitably with others. If everyone had similar delays and you were serviced in order the situation would be much less stressful. I'm confident (with no facts) that you are just a victim of a confluence of stupidity on the part of Tesla logistics. I'm glad to see you are escalating. I think it will pay off and you will see appropriate amends by Tesla... eventually. Hope it's very soon.

@SleepingLesson ,

If you haven't filed a BBB complaint I think it's time for you to do it, there is literally no downside doing it, just look at me and afcop2 on the Tesla Forums.
I filed a complaint on Thursday. We'll see what comes of it.
@SleepingLesson I know it sucks feeling like you are being singled out and not treated fairly, in general, or at least equitably with others. If everyone had similar delays and you were serviced in order the situation would be much less stressful. I'm confident (with no facts) that you are just a victim of a confluence of stupidity on the part of Tesla logistics. I'm glad to see you are escalating. I think it will pay off and you will see appropriate amends by Tesla... eventually. Hope it's very soon.
I'm definitely at the point where delivery is not enough. I need compensation for the circumstances.

@SleepingLesson we got our packet on 8/22 and or original delivery date was 8/23. I called Houston North on the following Monday and inquired if we did in fact have to bring the paperwork with us. I was told that we did not need to and could go ahead and sign all the docs, in fact her exact words where "the sooner you send it back the sooner they can get your Texas plates." We signed them but did not FedEx them back we just brought them with us. All they did was ask if we signed all the paperwork and sealed the envelope.

@SleepingLesson I emailed the Inside Delivery Supervisor about the registration packet question and was surprised he got back to me today, here is his answer:

“Your registration packet is still on its way. This does not impact your delivery appointment. If the packet arrives prior to delivery, please sign accordingly and bring to your appointment with the envelope sealed. If not, there should be a return label provided you can use to send back to us.”

@SleepingLesson I think you have your answer already. But just to add another anecdote, I received my registration packet 8/23, the day before my first scheduled delivery, but also one day after I was informed that date was not going to hold.

Same cover letter.

Just FYI, if you haven't made the correlation already, I'm 'michael' from forums.tesla.

Reactions: jdirik
@SleepingLesson I emailed the Inside Delivery Supervisor about the registration packet question and was surprised he got back to me today, here is his answer:

“Your registration packet is still on its way. This does not impact your delivery appointment. If the packet arrives prior to delivery, please sign accordingly and bring to your appointment with the envelope sealed. If not, there should be a return label provided you can use to send back to us.”
What's the deal with "sealed"? Mine says the same thing. It's odd the IDA in your email response made a point of saying it too. I don't want to do it just so I can have another Tesla employee verify they have everything they need before I leave.