Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Hold Up!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a rough day today - received word my delivery had to rescheduled from 9/10 to 9/21 with no explanation. I fully paid on 8/8. My car arrived in railjail on 8/21. Working hard to escalate and hope to improve this. Not in SleepingLesson territory yet but I am starting to get very unhappy. Please Tesla decision makers, give these folks in delivery the tools they need.

BTW I took the first home delivery of a Model 3 in Texas.

ue9rzXI.jpg

Yay, glad to hear the good news! When I was catching up on this thread there was so much good news, and then I ran into your delayed thread and got bummed again.
Yeah, I hear you about the rollercoaster. Up and down and up and down. Good news! Bad news :(

Like others have said, it will happen soon. I was in the most rotten mood over it the last couple days, but I've resolved myself to try to relax about it again. Of course that's easier when you've gotten a shred of good news. If I get more good news, I'll definitely share.

Reactions: jdirik
I had a rough day today - received word my delivery had to rescheduled from 9/10 to 9/21 with no explanation. I fully paid on 8/8. My car arrived in railjail on 8/21. Working hard to escalate and hope to improve this. Not in SleepingLesson territory yet but I am starting to get very unhappy. Please Tesla decision makers, give these folks in delivery the tools they need.
Man, that is not good. I'm sorry to hear it. Mine arrived in the rail lot between the 20th and 23rd as best I can tell, so I bet they are keeping each other company. Did you tell your IDA you had information about the location and status of your car? Mine seemed pretty surprised when I told her I had some insight into the movement out of the lot. I hedged my bets that if I disclosed I had an idea of what was going on, she would be more up front with me.

I don't want to jinx myself, but there is light at the end of the tunnel! My IDA emailed me at 2:30 to tell me that my car should be at the delivery center in the next 24 hours. Of course that's just the next hurdle, but I'm optimistic.

No change on the United Road site though, still shows pending pickup, same as yesterday. May or may not mean anything, but I'll keep an eye on it tomorrow anyway.

That's good to hear things are starting to move for you. When did you make your final payment?

So I am now paid in full. Still no VIN (I was mistaken that I had one).

The VIN doesn't show up until within a week of your delivery date. If your delivery date is pushed out more than a week it will dissapper and then come back when you're a week out again. If you have a purchase agreement (check under Documents at the bottom on the right) it will have a VIN within it.

Well now THIS is some good news!! And home delivery to boot! How did that go? Car clearly is in good condition despite it's extended stay. Did anyone have any further information for you about that?
I was so relieved, the thing is in pristine condition. There is a tiny TINY nearly imperceptible dent above the driver's side back door. I would not have noticed it but they pointed it out and said whenever is convenient to set up an appointment and they'd get it fixed and give me a loaner.
@SleepingLesson Awesome!! Was home delivery the new development?
It was! He didn't want to make promises so I didn't want to post about it. The car got from Oklahoma to my home in less than 24 hours.
Wooooot! Is home delivery going to become an option or is this because you had so much of an issue that they made an exception?
I don't know! I asked that and they (two higher-up managers at Tesla delivered it) looked at one another and kind of indicated they were hoping it would become more common to do so. This was a trial run of sorts, they said. It went great.
This is awesome. Congrats man. Hopefully they still follow through and help with those two months of making payments and them dropping the ball.
They are making good in non-monetary ways and I am not going to push the matter further. I got the Model 3 die-cast thing for line waiters, for example! Small gesture but I thought that was super cool.
@SleepingLesson how does it feel like to go from the bottom of the valley to the top of the world in couple days? ;)

I hope Tesla will do those who have cars in the rail jail right for doing home delivery for y'all!
Quite nice! I know a lot of people are still waiting and I sympathize, but I am going to let myself feel really good about this for the time being.

I was so relieved, the thing is in pristine condition. There is a tiny TINY nearly imperceptible dent above the driver's side back door. I would not have noticed it but they pointed it out and said whenever is convenient to set up an appointment and they'd get it fixed and give me a loaner.

It was! He didn't want to make promises so I didn't want to post about it. The car got from Oklahoma to my home in less than 24 hours.

I don't know! I asked that and they (two higher-up managers at Tesla delivered it) looked at one another and kind of indicated they were hoping it would become more common to do so. This was a trial run of sorts, they said. It went great.

They are making good in non-monetary ways and I am not going to push the matter further. I got the Model 3 die-cast thing for line waiters, for example! Small gesture but I thought that was super cool.

Quite nice! I know a lot of people are still waiting and I sympathize, but I am going to let myself feel really good about this for the time being.
That's fair. Awesome news man. Time for a road trip? =)

Man, that is not good. I'm sorry to hear it. Mine arrived in the rail lot between the 20th and 23rd as best I can tell, so I bet they are keeping each other company.
. My car got to rail jail around Monday last week, paid 9/15. I was told they were waiting on another train to San Antonio by my IDA(?!!!). Seems like insult to injury to move by slowest mean from California, now wait to do the same thing from Dallas..