Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Hold Up!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there a way to find out if your car is in "rail jail"? I searched at the unitedroad.com web site, but it cannot find my VIN. Is it something that is found out via the IDA or is there another way to find out? My Dallas delivery has been pushed from 9/1 to 9/7 and now to 9/20 (paid 8/16).

I live in OK, it would be nice if I could "spring" it directly from the OK rail jail if it is sitting here....
from OK as well. paid 8/6 and STILL don't have a delivery date. Your rep is at least trying to help you and keep hope alive.

I also got a bit of good news today. My IDA called me this evening and let me know my car made it to Cedar Springs. She fit me in for a very late afternoon delivery on Saturday. So barring any more surprises in the inspection and prep process.... just want to be cautiously optimistic.

My IDA told me the hold up with my car in the lot was a combination of the trucking company not having enough trucks and my car having a dead 12v battery. They swapped out the battery, car got loaded and moved. Interestingly, my car still shows as pending pickup on the UR site. The "current" page has updated a few times today either with new cars, changed estimated delivery dates, or to mark cars In Route. So, not sure by what means my car got there, but I am happy to be over this hurdle.

I really hope this is the end of the drama and anxiety for me. Still afraid to be excited; doesn't feel real. Probably won't until I'm standing next to my car.

Nervous af. Had a 9/1 delivery set and it was pushed back to 9/15. My IDA is absolutely useless. She even removed her phone number from her email signature once I attempted to call her. For every 6 emails , I get 1 3 word response. It’s awful. I’m lucky enough to know someone who works at Tesla in Fremont ,CA and they told me my M3 is stuck in Dallas at a hub that wasn’t ready for delivery/transport.

I’m trying to look past all these red flags, but’s getting more challenging by the day.

Nervous af. Had a 9/1 delivery set and it was pushed back to 9/15. My IDA is absolutely useless. She even removed her phone number from her email signature once I attempted to call her. For every 6 emails , I get 1 3 word response. It’s awful. I’m lucky enough to know someone who works at Tesla in Fremont ,CA and they told me my M3 is stuck in Dallas at a hub that wasn’t ready for delivery/transport.

I’m trying to look past all these red flags, but’s getting more challenging by the day.
Do all Austin deliveries have the same advisor, I wonder?

Wow, looks like UR played a lot of catch up today. A total of 17 cars from Ft Worth to Dallas today. Mine now officially shows on the UR site as delivered to Cedar Springs too. First time in my life I've ever been so aware of my car's VIN number :)

I see 13 from Lathrop today. Yesterday there were 4. 9/4 also had a full truck from Ft Worth to Dallas. Between the two origins, they do in fact look to be getting at least a truck a day.

• Informative
Reactions: Dr. J and jdirik
Well just got my second push back. I guess I am lucky to only have paid since 8/16... First delivery date 9/1, pushed back on 8/27 to 9/7, yesterday got pushed again to 9/20...

Anyone have any success asking to change where it is delivered to? IE I am in OK, I could go to Wichita, KS or something. But, alas the car is probably stuck somewhere impossible to change.
I was told that if I changed where I wanted to pick it up that your VIN would need to be unassigned and reassigned which could delay it even further.

Wow, looks like UR played a lot of catch up today. A total of 17 cars from Ft Worth to Dallas today. Mine now officially shows on the UR site as delivered to Cedar Springs too. First time in my life I've ever been so aware of my car's VIN number :)

I see 13 from Lathrop today. Yesterday there were 4. 9/4 also had a full truck from Ft Worth to Dallas. Between the two origins, they do in fact look to be getting at least a truck a day.
Are you able to share the list? New here and not sure how to look up the UR VIN stuff.

Are you able to share the list? New here and not sure how to look up the UR VIN stuff.
Three PDF's and a screenshot. "Current" shows pending, in route, and recently delivered. Delivered shows just delivered, for the last week. The screenshot is the small handful in route from Lathrop since the rest of that list would be in the Lathrop_Dallas_Delivered PDF.

Take these with a grain of salt, as we have seen the results seem a little flaky. My IDA told me hours ago that my car was in Cedar Springs, but it shows on the delivered report as having been delivered at 10:25PM. I think the times and dates are somewhat subject to when the data entry happens, as opposed to real time statuses. But that's just a supposition.

Screenshot 2018-09-06 23.01.29.png

Attachments

• FtWorth_Dallas_Current.pdf
    78 KB · Views: 51
  • FtWorth_Dallas_Deliveries.pdf
    84.6 KB · Views: 75
  • Lathrop_Dallas_Delivered.pdf
    92.8 KB · Views: 69
I am able to search my VIN and see that my TM3 was delivered in cedar springs on 8/31. My delivery date is set to 9/18. Do they need 18 days to get it ready for me? Or should I just call my ISA and ask for an earlier date?

I also got a bit of good news today. My IDA called me this evening and let me know my car made it to Cedar Springs. She fit me in for a very late afternoon delivery on Saturday. So barring any more surprises in the inspection and prep process.... just want to be cautiously optimistic.

My IDA told me the hold up with my car in the lot was a combination of the trucking company not having enough trucks and my car having a dead 12v battery. They swapped out the battery, car got loaded and moved. Interestingly, my car still shows as pending pickup on the UR site. The "current" page has updated a few times today either with new cars, changed estimated delivery dates, or to mark cars In Route. So, not sure by what means my car got there, but I am happy to be over this hurdle.

I really hope this is the end of the drama and anxiety for me. Still afraid to be excited; doesn't feel real. Probably won't until I'm standing next to my car.

Congrats! Hope you make the Saturday rally in your M3!

Reactions: gravastar
After a software update last night, my Tesla app is no longer working. I've seen mentions about this. No idea how to fix. Googling. (EDIT: ***I finally deleted and re-installed the app and that worked.***
EDIT 2: *** My Tesla account page just updated with features that an owner should have, like scheduling a service appointment, so maybe my app was fixed on the back end and reinstalling had nothing to do with it.***)

When you take delivery, they assign temporary access of your car to your Tesla account so you can access it from the Tesla app. The temporary access expires and will go away (around midnight I think). They have some final paperwork to complete before it gets permanently assigned to your account. You will probably get an email around the same time.

Unfortunately for me it took about three days. And it happened while i was driving which led to me getting locked out of my car! But that's a story for another time.

Day 1 line stander
Red, LR, EAP
Ordered 8/29
Got my VIN 8/30
Scheduled delivery Date Week of 9/24

A couple of questions that hopefully some of the veterans through the system can help assist me with.

I am working with an ISA in Vegas, this seems to be true for everyone. My credit union has preapproved me for a loan but I am missing some documents from Tesla and am waiting for them to give me those items so my CU can either wire the money or give me a check.

Is it weird that I haven't even paid a single penny for my car and yet they have already given me my delivery date? I am trying to get this financing stuff figured out but the document hold up is slowing me down.

I thought I would be able to go to my Tesla account and make a ACH payment because I am putting both a down payment and financing at the same time, but as of right now there does not seem to be a way for me to do so. Is my ISA supposed to send me instructions to give me to CU either telling them who to make the cashiers check out to or giving me some sort of routing number so they can wire the money to Tesla?

If i take the cashiers check route, do I just bring it with me on the day I go to pick up my car and hand it over to the guy at the delivery center? This seems highly unlikely because I thought the car had to be fully funded before they even sent it to us over here in Texas, and the whole thing with them not being able to officially sell anything in Texas me giving them a check in person seems like a payment made in Texas.

I have called my ISA and will be lucky if he picks up, I understand they are super busy right now and do not fault them for this at all.
No, you can't bring a check. Your car won't leave CA until it's fully funded. Or unless you get a re-assignment. You have your Texas lawmakers and TADA to thank for that. And your delivery date is very tentative. 9/24 is making a bunch of assumptions. And it's more than likely going to change as you move forward.

Your CU likely needs the final MVPA (motors vehicle purchasing agreement) to move forward. I don't want to sound discouraging, but it will take about two to three weeks to get that. I go my VIN on 7/17 and final MVPA to give my CU on 8/10.