Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Hold Up!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I sent my IDA an email for an update on my delivery for the 22nd. He didn't email me back in over 24 hours so I tried giving him a call. No answer per usual. I left a VM that he'll probably ignore as well. Overall my process of dealing with the IDA in Vegas has been a frustrating experience, mostly because I feel like what I would put in my emails he wouldn't fully read...

My car has only shown up on the UR site as being delivered to Lathrop and nothing else. That doesn't seem to matter that much overall though, from reading through here.

I sent my IDA an email for an update on my delivery for the 22nd. He didn't email me back in over 24 hours so I tried giving him a call. No answer per usual. I left a VM that he'll probably ignore as well. Overall my process of dealing with the IDA in Vegas has been a frustrating experience, mostly because I feel like what I would put in my emails he wouldn't fully read...

My car has only shown up on the UR site as being delivered to Lathrop and nothing else. That doesn't seem to matter that much overall though, from reading through here.

I would just expect delays. Texas is still rail jail central. The service center(Cedar Springs at least) has given up answering their phones and now their voice mailboxes are full. Your delivery advisor is also probably on non-stop back to back calls. I would like to say that those that have been waiting the longest are being served first, but I think they are just very reactive and chaotic. My wait time became quite long and I became quite the "squeaky wheel" emailing and calling everyone seeking escalation. I never did get specific answers as to the location and status of my car. I did ask on many occasions. I'd say if you have been paid in full for over 30 days it is time to start demanding prioritization. I would remain patient up to that point.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
Is the number to call 888-518-3752 to talk to someone about delivery? My delivery date has been pushed back 3 times, I tried calling my IDA and his number seems to have been removed (i.e. no more greeting by him but if you know your party's extension dial it now). So, I wonder if he is no longer with the company. I would like to know if my car is realistically coming on the web site date or is lost in rail jail somewhere. I really do not care about delays if they can give me a realistic date rather than just scheduling dates and then cancelling a day or two in advance and saying 2 weeks more.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden and jprac80
I just got the FedEx notice that the Tesla paperwork is being delivered tomorrow (Friday), so it appears my Saturday delivery is actually still on. Huzzah. Too bad the weather is supposed to be complete crap, though
Don't want to burst your bubbles, just help set expectations. My paperwork was delivered the day before my first scheduled delivery date (8/25), I was rescheduled twice after that.

Does anyone else think the possibility of deliveries by end of September might be a little higher than usual? It is end of quarter so they are making a big push to get numbers in. Now if they get "credit" the moment we pay off the car than nevermind. If that were the case I can see why we have rail jail that tesla doesn't seem to keen on fixing.

I just got the FedEx notice that the Tesla paperwork is being delivered tomorrow (Friday), so it appears my Saturday delivery is actually still on. Huzzah. Too bad the weather is supposed to be complete crap, though
Been raining since Labor Day up here. Just two days no rain I think. I've discovered the car looks beautiful with water just rolling off it. Nevertheless, I was tickled to finally get to see the Obsidian in sunshine today. Looks so pretty!

I also realized my car already had the update to get onto home wifi. So, I did that, and almost immediately I got notified on the app that there was a software update. I kicked it off to see what would happen. Estimated 45 minutes to install but I think it took 30. Went from 24.11 to 34.1. Going to go check the release notes before retiring for the evening.

I have been LOVING every minute with the car. I'm glad it was a busy week with highway trips around the metroplex three nights in a row. Normally I absolutely DREAD the highway commutes, especially in rush hour (I have a 10 mile commute on all local roads). The autopilot and auto-everything has been really amazing.

Finally after a few months since production ramp up some acknowledgement from the bossman.

Attachments

• 2018-09-14 07_57_17-Elon Musk on Twitter.png
    2018-09-14 07_57_17-Elon Musk on Twitter.png
    47.6 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Maybe not, but I suspect that I've slipped beyond the event horizon.. My account page shows my VIN and the 9/15 delivery date that was set by my IDA way last month when I paid for the car. I received the FedEx documents yesterday and turn in my lease this afternoon.

I've not heard anything from Tesla other than calling my IDA on Tuesday and learning that the car was "in Texas".

I'm going to make some calls today but the process is clearly very broken.

Does anyone else think the possibility of deliveries by end of September might be a little higher than usual? It is end of quarter so they are making a big push to get numbers in. Now if they get "credit" the moment we pay off the car than nevermind. If that were the case I can see why we have rail jail that tesla doesn't seem to keen on fixing.
Accounting rules require the car to be delivered before it can be tallied.
Monthly Plug-In Sales Scorecard

Went from 24.11 to 34.1. Going to go check the release notes before retiring for the evening.
I imagine it was a short read. I'm summarizing here but I think the entire release notes said, "Bug fixes and improvements."

As a software guy myself, I understand how release notes (and what goes in them) can be political sometimes. But that's short. Even by conservative standards.

Reactions: neroden
Don't want to burst your bubbles, just help set expectations. My paperwork was delivered the day before my first scheduled delivery date (8/25), I was rescheduled twice after that.
Sure, but my original scheduled delivery was last Monday (the 10th). With the reschedule being for tomorrow (and other people's being move UP to tomorrow) I'm starting to get confident I'll actually get my car tomorrow

Reactions: libra89
Accounting rules require the car to be delivered before it can be tallied.
Monthly Plug-In Sales Scorecard
That's probably true even for weirdness states like TX, UT, etc.

A wrinkle though is that Tesla likely still has the cash on their books. It looks like a loan, where there is an offsetting debt of "one physical car" owed to the customer. That is a net zero on booked revenue however their cash position looks better. Cash/cash flow numbers matter a lot to Tesla's investor story about finances, maybe even a little more right now than profit numbers.