Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Hold Up!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Vehicle arrived at North Houston SC (these days AKA Delivery Center) over the weekend as planned. Delivery time moved up from Saturday to late evening this Thursday. Victory is within my grasp!

2B7A6D3000000578-3202901-image-a-29_1439942231105.png

P.S. My VIN never showed up on United Roads, so if there's anyone else whose was supposed to be coming this week to Houston and didn't show up on the UR site it may also come in with the same truck as mine.

Last edited:
P.S. My VIN never showed up on United Roads, so if there's anyone else whose was supposed to be coming this week to Houston and didn't show up on the UR site it may also come in with the same truck as mine.
My vehicle is not showing up on UR's site either. I was told it was being transported by truck, so maybe there is another trucking company that Telsa uses?

Reactions: ℬête Noire
My vehicle is not showing up on UR's site either. I was told it was being transported by truck, so maybe there is another trucking company that Telsa uses?
This is the assumption, others have had their's come without appearing in UR's public facing database, and mine was in transit too short of time to have been via rail (unless they have started staging closer than CA?).

This is the assumption, others have had their's come without appearing in UR's public facing database, and mine was in transit too short of time to have been via rail (unless they have started staging closer than CA?).
Have seen no evidence that cars traveling from CA to TX via truck come by any other means than via UR. Not saying it doesn't happen, just no hard evidence that it does.

However, have strong evidence (my case) where a car came from rail jail to Houston on UR w/o it showing up as being in transit until after it was delivered to me. Records on UR's site now show it arrived at 11:00PM on 8/31. Got the call at 12:30 PM on 9/1 from the SC saying they had my car and it had passed inspections. I took delivery at 4:00 PM on 9/1 and have been smiling ever since.

However, have strong evidence (my case) where a car came from rail jail to Houston on UR w/o it showing up as being in transit until after it was delivered to me. Records on UR's site now show it arrived at 11:00PM on 8/31. Got the call at 12:30 PM on 9/1 from the SC saying they had my car and it had passed inspections. I took delivery at 4:00 PM on 9/1 and have been smiling ever since.
It is entirely possible that the public facing database entries lag for some vehicles and/or shipments, and this accounts for all "missing" VINs. I checked this morning but I will continue to do so going forward for a while to test this idea out.

Note that mine was less than a week from cheque receipt confirmed by my ISA and the vehicle arrival in Houston. 3-4 days is a truck time from CA, not a train time. They have to do at least one rail system transfer along the way is my understanding, they don't really have enough volume yet to book a whole train so that per railcar movement tends to get bogged down.

Last edited:
VIN 34296 finally delivered!

FYI The Dallas Cedar Springs Service Center is a mad house from a sheer volume perspective. There were so many irate customers coming through during the 4 hours I spent there. I had a 2:30pm appointment and didn't leave until 6:30pm. They informed me that my car wasn't one of the normally scheduled appointments as if I line jumped or something. A software based system of prioritization and workload management system that sends out notifications/alerts would serve them quite well. They lay out delivery packets on their small front desk and pull anyone's who complains and try to address them first. Purely reactive. If you are wondering why your car isn't getting any priority it is because they just aren't handling the higher volume well at all. I am a fan of replacing that particular service center manager Jared Orem. Their location isn't even answering the phones at all. They are literally reacting to whatever is directly in front of them as fast as they can, and Tesla owners anxiously waiting for the $50,000+ purchase deserve MUCH BETTER! I wish you all the best of luck! I'm off to post-delivery shake down of quality and defect issues with the service side.

Congrats man - i hope the car has been worth the wait!

We just had our second delivery appointment cancellation. Today we learned that delivery would be postponed to Sept. 22. The delivery delay was blamed on transportation issues. The dead battery issue was not mentioned until I asked if it was still a factor in getting my vehicle to Austin. At that point the representative said she would have to follow up with the Dallas facility to see the status.
She did say that they were under a lot of pressure to get the vehicles delivered this month.

Pretty frustrated with the delivery process. I paid in full almost a month ago and had an original delivery date of 8/31. It got pushed to 9/4, then to 9/11, now Brooklyn at the Cedar Springs Tesla Service Center in Dallas (which I live nearby) called me and told me I cannot take delivery tomorrow because my car is still in California (!!) I checked the United Road VIN lookup thing and it says my VIN has been sitting in Lathrop Hub since it was delivered there from Fremont on 8/20. I got an email this morning from my IDA stating that my Model 3 has been assigned to a load in preparation to be transported to the Dallas service center.

Why is it stuck in Lathrop? Is it just showing that but is actually in transit a different way?

This is frustrating because I have to keep scheduling and rescheduling with my father who is going to pick up my current car but has to make time to come from 2+ hours away.

Any advice on how to get a more accurate delivery date? I don’t want to keep waiting and get pushed. Thanks!

Update: United Road shows my car was delivered to the Cedar Springs Service Center today! My IDA reached out to me and updated me that I may be able to get my car this week depending on inspection. I’m stoked! How much longer from this point does it usually take?

Have seen no evidence that cars traveling from CA to TX via truck come by any other means than via UR. Not saying it doesn't happen, just no hard evidence that it does.

So, my car finally showed up on United Road's website. Not sure how to read it though... does it mean it's been delivered, or is it still on the road?

Screen Shot 2018-09-17 at 10.22.14 PM.png

Reactions: paco878
So, my car finally showed up on United Road's website. Not sure how to read it though... does it mean it's been delivered, or is it still on the road?

View attachment 335963
The left column looks like O for origin and D for destination with Lat-Long coordinates for each. If you want to know where those are just copy-paste each into Google Maps and it'll put it up. D looks right for Austin area, I know. The other seems right for NorCal but where exactly I don't know.

The left column looks like O for origin and D for destination with Lat-Long coordinates for each. If you want to know where those are just copy-paste each into Google Maps and it'll put it up. D looks right for Austin area, I know. The other seems right for NorCal but where exactly I don't know.
Here's the full page. I want to say it looks like it's been delivered? I guess I can call Pond Springs in the morning.

ur.png

Reactions: ℬête Noire
I want to say it looks like it's been delivered?
Agreed, with that specific date-time for delivery late this afternoon. You may want to check with your ISA in the morning. I hadn't bother to call to check if mine had arrived as planned yesterday but by late morning my ISA (Gil) called me to arrange an expedited appointment because it had arrived and was expected to be prepped early.

Last edited:
Reactions: CrazyCoconut
Agreed, with that specific date-time for delivery late this afternoon. You may want to check with your ISA in the morning. I hadn't bother to call to check if mine had arrived as planned yesterday but by late morning my ISA (Gil) called me to arrange an expedited appointment because it had arrived and was expected to be prepped early.
Skip the ISA, call the SC directly, tell them when you are available for pick-up, that way it will be worked around your schedule and will likely occur faster.

Don't understand why ISA's are involved with final delivery scheduling when direct SC to customer communications would be faster and more flexible.

Just FYI - I took delivery at Houston North Center last Thursday 9/13 and my VIN did not show up on United Road's website until Monday 9/10 after the vehicle had been delivered to Houston - when it finally showed on the UR website the vehicle had already been loaded in Lathrop, CA, transported the entire distance and unloaded in Houston. And I was checking the UR website multiple times a day for weeks before that so I know it wasn't there sooner.

Mike

Hang in there everybody, delivery day is worth the wait:

IMG_0309.jpg

Here's the full page. I want to say it looks like it's been delivered? I guess I can call Pond Springs in the morning.

View attachment 335994

Is there a 480XX on that list?

I still don't know if my car is actually there. My IDA hasn't contacted me, nor has she replied to my email inquiries. Pond Springs does not answer phone calls, either. I've called half a dozen times and it just goes to voicemail every single time. They texted me on Saturday to let me know delivery wasn't happening, so I've also tried responding to that number and no response. The web portal still says 5pm today, but due to my situation of getting a ride up there and traffic from where I am, I'm going to be arriving like 3 hours early. I really need to know if my car is there before I head up, but nobody from Tesla will answer a call/email. It's so frustrating.

I still don't know if my car is actually there. My IDA hasn't contacted me, nor has she replied to my email inquiries. Pond Springs does not answer phone calls, either. I've called half a dozen times and it just goes to voicemail every single time. They texted me on Saturday to let me know delivery wasn't happening, so I've also tried responding to that number and no response. The web portal still says 5pm today, but due to my situation of getting a ride up there and traffic from where I am, I'm going to be arriving like 3 hours early. I really need to know if my car is there before I head up, but nobody from Tesla will answer a call/email. It's so frustrating.
Unfortunately no. The lowest one on the list is 6xxxx. Hope you get your car today!

Last edited:

Not on the list of cars on my list either.