Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Texas Supercharger Locations (location speculation, discussion)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, how did Laredo just pop up?!!! I have been keeping an eye on supercharge.info every day. Never even saw the permit or construction. I'll drive by tomorrow and check it out.
supercharge.info gets its data from... you. Nothing was there because you Texans didn't go look around and find the permit and construction site. It doesn't just magically appear.

Near the Mercedes dealer, that’s all I’ve got and it may be a while before my contact is in that neighborhood again.
I roll by there everyday and haven't seen anything. I'll look closer today and see if I'm missing something.

The icons on Tesla’s map of planned superchargers are just intended to show cities, not exact locations.

I know, I do wish it was at that spot on the map so I could look out the window and see it.

Only problem with being near the MB dealer is that intersection is extremely busy. Like FML busy. it doesn't slow down much after hours either because that is "Town Square" which has shopping and night life, you also have the a mall and grocery there too.

@Gwgan if your guy can tell me where to look I'll roll by there in 30 minutes.

I heard Sugarland is showing signs of construction. Trying to get confirmation. Anybody local?
It's my area. Searching the Sugar Land (that's the way it's spelled, "Sugarland" is a musical group) TX Permits Database shows no permits for Black and Veatch. Of course it could be a different contrator.
They don't have a Search By Permit Type that a lot of the others do, drat.
Expanding the search to Address will be slower but I'm looking. The MB area could have a HWY 6 address or a US 69 or a US 59 address or...

I just screened the current Tesla charger database and came up with the following (January 3, 2018):
129 WC sites (per Tesla DB)
30 SuperCharger sites
23 Proposed 2018 SuperCharger sites
14 <- My guesstimate how many actual Supercharger sites are added in 2018
43 <- My guesstimate how many Tesla-subsidized Wall Connectors to add in 2018

Here is the current Tesla-proposed sites (who know how many they'll get to). I've identified with (---) which sites might be amenable to the Urban Supercharger configurations (72 kW). Comments? Have I missed any?

Austin Downtown ——
Beaumont
Brenham
Cedar Park
College Station
Dallas ———————
Dilley
Katy
Falfurrias
Fredricksburg
Fort Stockton
Fort Worth
Houston - Uptown ———————
Houston ———————
Lubbock
Mesquite (Dallas)
Pecos
Plano
San Angelo
San Antonio ———————
San Antonio - Walden Meadows
Southlake (Grapevine)
Sugar Land
Wichita Falls

If it was up to me, I'd like to see these sites finished first: Southlake, San Antonio, Fort Stockton, Fort Worth and Wichita Falls.

Attachments

• sw0103.txt
    318.4 KB · Views: 56
I'd be happy with one in the Belton/Temple area, would make trips to see my sister a lot easier. I can charge to 100 then stop in Columbus but that's only 50 miles or or so and I'd only be at 80ish in the car = slow charging total 171 mile trip. I can dogleg out to flationa for +18miles and get there with 43% then charge for the remainder of the 94 miles, but I couldn't do much driving unless we visited a place with destination charging. Finally I can dogleg out all the way to Austin for +35 miles and get there with 13% and then charge for the remainder of the 54 miles plus BS time and drive back time.

Belton area would also help alleviate some long distance travelers that want to bypass Austin the the toll road.

My preferred next 5 would be College Station (for visiting my parents), Dallas (for visiting my son), Fredricksburg (not sure I need this as it would be unlikely for me to drive my Tesla to my hunting lease), San Antonio (hoping it takes pressure off of San Marcos for when we visit my wife's family) and finally Houston (just to have more options near home).

Fredricksburg would open up Hill Country, since there aren't a lot of overnight destination chargers in places that seem like nice destinations in and of themselves. (Sorry Best Western! Hotel Faust looks interesting, though). That's a nice-to-have, though. I'd like to have Fort Stockton, of course, but other than that, I'm pretty darned happy with the state of superchargers around Houston.