Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Carrier Dented My Car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I happen to be lucky; 20-25 minutes from the DC store, 15 minutes from the Rockville, MD service center, and 15 minutes from the Tysons, VA store that is ready to open as soon as Tesla resolves licensing issues with Fairfax county in VA.

I happen to be lucky; 20-25 minutes from the DC store, 15 minutes from the Rockville, MD service center, and 15 minutes from the Tysons, VA store that is ready to open as soon as Tesla resolves licensing issues with Fairfax county in VA.

Same here, except I live in Santa Clara, CA. 20-30mins from Freemont factory, 5 minutes from Santana Row store, 30 minutes from Menlo Park store and 25 minutes from Palo Alto headquarters. I'm also seeing one Model S on the road almost everyday on my commute. Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing....

I know it's been awhile since I posted but I wanted to make sure this situation was resolved first.

So my car has now been fixed and Tesla did a really good job. You can't tell where any of the damage was. Obviously the glass was new as was the applique above it. And I have no idea where the paint chip was supposed to be.

The guys that fixed the windshield though did have some issues with making sure they didn't get the car dirty. There were several smeers and finger prints on the headliner and it looked like something had been spilt or smeered on the leather of the drivers side door. Plus there were numerous scratches in the clear coat, one really aweful looking spot on the applique they replaced that looked like someone tried to rub something off.

Luckily I'm getting car paint armored and the shop doing the work says they should have no problem getting the surface scratches out before they apply the armor. I will be so happy not to worry about scratches on the car anymore. I'm getting nearly the entire car amored. Tesla's also going to take care of getting the interior cleaned. So things will be fine for the auto show later this week.

Driving the car, though, makes all those issues seem minor. I only got to drive it to work before it was off to the shop. But that had to be the most enjoyable drive to work I've ever experienced. The acceleration is euphoric. I passed cars just to be able to tromp on it. Felt like a little kid this morning. And the touch screen is just "Wow!". Good thing I'm getting the paint armor done this week. If I'd driven my S much more it would have been hard to give it up long enough to get armored.

I have seen the future and it's parked in my drive way!

PS tried to post pictures but my tablet doesn't play well with the forum. If you'd like to see the before and after picture you can find them on the St louis Tesla Group meet up site.
Saint Louis Tesla Enthusiasts (Saint Louis, MO) - Meetup

Glad your car is fixed up. Were they able to satisfy you that the damage to the roof was only to the appliqué and not to any underlying structure?

There are a few very faint smudges in my headliner, and I wonder if they happened when my sunroof was repaired. I wonder how easy it is to clean. Mine is the woven material, not the Alcantara...

Glad your car is fixed up. Were they able to satisfy you that the damage to the roof was only to the appliqué and not to any underlying structure?

There are a few very faint smudges in my headliner, and I wonder if they happened when my sunroof was repaired. I wonder how easy it is to clean. Mine is the woven material, not the Alcantara...

Mine is the woven stuff too. I'll let you know how well mine got cleaned when I get it back from
the paint armorer. They're taking care of that as well. One stop shop. And if it looks good I'll find out what they used.

Please do let us know what they clean with, if it passes muster. I have quite a few smudges, some of them quite pronounced.
JakeP
They used Bluemagic instant no vacuuming carpet stain and spot lifter to clean the headliner. Srayed it on a rag and then wiped the area. For the leather they used Rich Leather claener and conditioner from Meguiars. Seemed to do the trick.