Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The culmination of our Tesla (acquisition) journey!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Slightly off topic - I’m assuming there’s a reason you are still only being pushed 2017 firmware. But I suspect this could be related to you phone as key issues too?ine was delivered with 2018 firmware and got an update the first day to 2018.4.6

Interesting. No idea why. The service center should have been able to push the latest and greatest.

Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere before, but got this service bulletin update - the Charge Port ECU is getting a replacement across the board:

C4560ED4-7971-4D1B-ABDD-9541F278C557.jpeg

Picked up VIN 1913 today at the Fremont Delivery Center! Wife's named her "Tessie Little" and is thoroughly enjoying it. :)

The delivery experience was rather lean; quick paperwork, a bit of a wait as the car was still being prepped and a relatively straightforward walkthrough with the Tesla person. Didn't think much of the indoor spotlight setting; would have been nicer in natural light. Nothing really stood out as a problem item so, we drove away soon after (there may be a minor niggle we may have missed, see below).

We then drove up "Awesome Tessie" (our P85D) and her little sister, "Tessie Little", a couple of miles up to the factory for some glamour shots (see further below)!

Quick observations from the drive back home and in general:

- Overall build quality is fabulous! No rattles, squeaks or vibrations.

- Wife misses automatic trunk operation and isn't a fan of the wood veneer; personal preferences, I guess.

- As some others have noted, the car does drive like it's on rails: planted, tight and zippy - not violently so, like the PxxxDL, but, really quick off the line and extremely manouverable. Both my wife and I agreed that it feels like a high-seated go-kart!

- Glancing at the screen to check speed is a little weird and needs getting used to. HUD would be perfect in this car.

- Steering wheel is smaller but, the steering feel is tighter than in our S (in Sport mode even).

- The screen will take some getting used to given the horizontal orientation and the layout of controls compared to the screen in the S. Hunting and pecking at controls and settings seemingly felt much harder and distracting than in the S; takeaway: don't try to change too many things there while driving, till you get really used to it.

- Would have preferred all the wiper controls in the stalk rather than the single swipe and spray alone there that are then augmented with the full controls on the screen.

- As @White noted in another thread, the rear view camera display is terrible: extreme fish eye perspective and very dark. Hope for a fix in firmware down the road.

- Niggle: app says charge port is open and to connect a charging cable despite it being physically closed and locked. Screen suggests all is good. Need to followup with Tesla. Also, despite my best efforts and using two separate remotes, no dice with Homelink; the same setup works seamlessly with the S.

Ok! Will post more as wife, son and I experience this beaut further.

Bravo, Tesla: you've knocked this one into the park in the next town!! :D

Here are the pics:

View attachment 270262 View attachment 270263 View attachment 270264 View attachment 270265 View attachment 270268 View attachment 270266 View attachment 270297 View attachment 270270 View attachment 270272 View attachment 270273
AWESOME in all respects.
What are your thoughts about the wheels-- 18" stock vs. slightly more ($1600) for 19" wheels?

Picked up VIN 1913 today at the Fremont Delivery Center! Wife's named her "Tessie Little" and is thoroughly enjoying it. :)

The delivery experience was rather lean; quick paperwork, a bit of a wait as the car was still being prepped and a relatively straightforward walkthrough with the Tesla person. Didn't think much of the indoor spotlight setting; would have been nicer in natural light. Nothing really stood out as a problem item so, we drove away soon after (there may be a minor niggle we may have missed, see below).

We then drove up "Awesome Tessie" (our P85D) and her little sister, "Tessie Little", a couple of miles up to the factory for some glamour shots (see further below)!

- Wife misses automatic trunk operation and isn't a fan of the wood veneer; personal preferences, I guess.

- As some others have noted, the car does drive like it's on rails: planted, tight and zippy - not violently so, like the PxxxDL, but, really quick off the line and extremely manouverable. Both my wife and I agreed that it feels like a high-seated go-kart!

- Glancing at the screen to check speed is a little weird and needs getting used to. HUD would be perfect in this car.

- Steering wheel is smaller but, the steering feel is tighter than in our S (in Sport mode even).

- The screen will take some getting used to given the horizontal orientation and the layout of controls compared to the screen in the S. Hunting and pecking at controls and settings seemingly felt much harder and distracting than in the S; takeaway: don't try to change too many things there while driving, till you get really used to it.

- Would have preferred all the wiper controls in the stalk rather than the single swipe and spray alone there that are then augmented with the full controls on the screen.

- As @White noted in another thread, the rear view camera display is terrible: extreme fish eye perspective and very dark. Hope for a fix in firmware down the road.

- Niggle: app says charge port is open and to connect a charging cable despite it being physically closed and locked. Screen suggests all is good. Need to followup with Tesla. Also, despite my best efforts and using two separate remotes, no dice with Homelink; the same setup works seamlessly with the S.

Here are the pics:

View attachment 270262 View attachment 270263 View attachment 270264 View attachment 270265 View attachment 270268 View attachment 270266 View attachment 270297 View attachment 270270 View attachment 270272 View attachment 270273
So beautiful,
Please send it to the Customer Stories link.
Vern

Here are the pics:

Please send this to Tesla as a Customer Story