Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The D thread Australia & New Zealand

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can't order the 19" wheels with a P85D now and locked into a $6100 cost (with Winter tyres)? Both US and AUS. What the ...?
Is there a shortage or 19" questionable with the P85D or ?

My build has effectively gone up another $8,345 on top of the rise on the 2/5/2015 of $10,055 for a total of $18,400!!!
I'm aware I'm locked in to the original order price. But for new orders!!

The 19" Standard and 19" Cyclones are back on the configurator. By popular demand perhaps?
No other changes that I can see.

We get 'Includes summer tires' and the US get 'Includes all season tires'

Last edited:
Me too, to receiving my final invoice. However, My Tesla still says "Your Model S has entered the production queue at our Factory in Fremont, California". When THAT changes, I'll get really excited.

There seems to be two clusters of VINs & resultant processing - around the 78xxx and around the 98xxx.

Last edited:
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]Well, I had been waiting for my VIN and / or Final Invoice so I could make my first post a big one.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]But.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]I changed my colour choice back in early April, and I got a call from Tesla today saying they were only now processing that and it would take another two weeks before I got a VIN. Which made me very sad.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]The DS told me the car would be built at the same time as all the current Aussie P85Ds ordered in the first wave ie Australia-delivery vehicles would start build about July 1. This is in keeping with what I was told in March by a super-senior lady in Tesla USA.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]So now I shall check MyTesla only daily instead of second-hourly, as I believe it will be July before the phraseology changes to "Your Tesla is being built...."[/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]Love the forums and the stories and value everyone's contributions :)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]"Strangely watching reviews like that helps the time pass both faster in one respect and slower in another... and I think only someone waiting on the car for so long can understand that sentiment." -ZTrekus. I hear you, buddy.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]Love[/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]Me.[/COLOR]

- - - Updated - - -

That's not gone well....

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]Well, I had been waiting for my VIN and / or Final Invoice so I could make my first post a big one.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]I changed my colour choice back in early April, and I got a call from Tesla today saying they were only now processing that and it would take another two weeks before I got a VIN. Which made me very sad.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]The DS told me the car would be built at the same time as all the current Aussie P85Ds ordered in the first wave ie Australia-delivery vehicles would start build about July 1. This is in keeping with what I was told in March by a super-senior lady in Tesla USA.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]So now I shall check MyTesla only daily instead of second-hourly, as I believe it will be July before the phraseology changes to "Your Tesla is being built...."[/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]Love the forums and the stories and value everyone's contributions :)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]"Strangely watching reviews like that helps the time pass both faster in one respect and slower in another... and I think only someone waiting on the car for so long can understand that sentiment." -ZTrekus. I hear you, buddy.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]Love[/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.701961)]Me.[/COLOR]

- - - Updated - - -

That's not gone well....

Congratulations CUDoc on your purchase and welcome to the Aussie forum...

Seeing our cars go into production will be exciting but it's like a tree falling in a forrest with no one to hear it. The real fun starts in September!

Congratulations CUDoc on your purchase and welcome to the Aussie forum...

Seeing our cars go into production will be exciting but it's like a tree falling in a forrest with no one to hear it. The real fun starts in September!
Thanks for the welcome, ZTrekus.
Now for the post my first one was SUPPOSED to be:

VVVVVIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!

yes, my VIN has arrived. No final invoice as yet (but no rush for that, I tell you!)
(VIN ends in 922.. If that helps anybody??)
regards

No VIN for me yet.
Care to share your specs?
When did you order?
Hey, Brewster :)
I ordered a P85D, in the new blue. Pano roof, carbon fibre, 19" turbines, tan leather next gen, black alcantara, autopilot, smart air suspension, hifi.
I don't think there was a security option when I ordered??
I ordered in December.
Then cancelled.
Then reordered in March! Still not sure......!!

Not so sure about that. My sig has an alarm. Left my wife in the passenger seat for a bit the other day. When she opened the door to get out, the alarm went off. I guess the car locked itself and she opened a locked car without the key.

I think all Model Ss come with an alarm, but European customers used to be able to order an optional security package which adds an additional motion-activated alarm powered by an independent 12V battery. This option seems to have disappeared recently though.

And what's with Tesla's peculiar 'E' - the 3 dashes without the shaft? Is that supposed to represent the absence of a drivetrain or something? To me it just lacks backbone. If they tried that with the 'D' thread, well the 'D' would just resemble a backward 'C' - and that just wouldn't man-up at all!

Perhaps it represents bolts of lightning emanating from a Tesla coil. But on the other hand, it's also a triple negative sign. And that's not very positive, whichever way you look at it. Just detracts from the positive '+esla' image...

Always gets to me how a company, in striving to come up with a unique trademark, sees its way fit to re-invent the English font. But 'E', the most common letter in the English alphabet? And what's more, they have subtracted from it, not added to it. Sort of like T=sla. Couldn't imagine a... =lon Musk! If they must mutilate it, surely adding a righthand stem to the E would have been better, don't you think? A very positive contribution. Box it in I say. (Remember how 1+1= a window?)

And hey... I ain't the only one with a dirty mind here. Model S, Model 3, Model X. Do I need to spell it out for you? Now with extra 'D'... That's front AND back mind you. 4 wheel drive eh? Sounds ghastly...

Last edited: