Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The "Federally compliant for incentive" Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still slightly confused about what you can get away with and still qualify. It seems like the most expensive car that will still qualify is the SR+ with no options ($53,700). Is that correct? We really wanted to get the white paint option (extra $2,000) but it sounds like that would push it over the limit ($53,700 + $2,000 = $55,700) or am I misunderstanding this?
Blue is slightly cheaper than white. $1300. :p

That's exciting, can you provide a reference to the hack?

There have been several stories on the issue, videos showing a guy with the traffic light detection enabled. I also believe some of the track tuning guys have been able to gain access to certain parts of the system. No one is publicly sharing much information because they don't want to draw too much attention. I am sure if they sell enough software limited 3s you will start to see a market to get your car unlocked.

There have been several stories on the issue, videos showing a guy with the traffic light detection enabled. I also believe some of the track tuning guys have been able to gain access to certain parts of the system. No one is publicly sharing much information because they don't want to draw too much attention. I am sure if they sell enough software limited 3s you will start to see a market to get your car unlocked.
I see this as risky. Tesla would probably be able to detect it and could potentially do things like void your warranty, disable Tesla App access, and remove your ability to supercharge.

Reactions: richyrich and pcons
So the program says point of sale. I’m guessing Tesla is prepared to take part in that process if they’ve done this to qualify.
Tesla takes care of everything. When you enter the order, $5k is automatically deducted. Existing orders that qualify already adjusted. I ordered SR+ blue with white interior, autopilot and FSD, March 2nd. The price on my order summary page dropped by the $5k this morning.

I see this as risky. Tesla would probably be able to detect it and could potentially do things like void your warranty, disable Tesla App access, and remove your ability to supercharge.

Of course there is some risk, it's legally a weird area, they could kick you off their network. I dunno if they could legally get away with voiding the warranty on unrelated issues. People have been hacking the software in cars for a long time now so its nothing new. There is a big market for it in ice vehicles so I don't see any reason it wont shift to EVs.

Of course there is some risk, it's legally a weird area, they could kick you off their network. I dunno if they could legally get away with voiding the warranty on unrelated issues. People have been hacking the software in cars for a long time now so its nothing new. There is a big market for it in ice vehicles so I don't see any reason it wont shift to EVs.

The whole car is basically a mobile piece of software. So hacking your software would negate pretty much 90% of your warranty. Things still covered would be: floor mats and and the triangle piece next to your side mirrors.

Tesla takes care of everything. When you enter the order, $5k is automatically deducted. Existing orders that qualify already adjusted. I ordered SR+ blue with white interior, autopilot and FSD, March 2nd. The price on my order summary page dropped by the $5k this morning.
I ordered black SR+ with black interior and FSD on April 15, I have not seen an update to my account yet

hmm I have a question. I have a family member residing in Quebec. If I wanted to purchase a car for use in Ontario, could she sign it under her name and I can just pay for it to get the incentive 8k + 5k, while driving it in Ontario?

edit: Also, would I have to purchase the m3 in Quebec or can I just register it to quebec but pick up the the car Toronto?

hmm I have a question. I have a family member residing in Quebec. If I wanted to purchase a car for use in Ontario, could she sign it under her name and I can just pay for it to get the incentive 8k + 5k, while driving it in Ontario?

edit: Also, would I have to purchase the m3 in Quebec or can I just register it to quebec but pick up the the car Toronto?
http://vehiculeselectriques.gouv.qc.ca/assets/pdf/Guide-participant-roulez-electrique.pdf

Section 3: Limitations.
The vehicle must remain licenced in Quebec for 12 months

Reactions: Muskol