Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The quest for wider wheels and tires, 295, 305 and beyond...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just speed-read this thread...again. Looking for some advice from people with experience:

Currently stock 2022 M3P. I have MPP FUCA and rear camber arms on order. Other than those, I will be all stock for now, until I eventually spring for MPP Sport Coilovers.

Trying to decide on wheels and tires for track and autocross. I will add camber when installing these, and then put camber back to road specs for my DD wheels and tires. I have settled on 275/35/19 tire size. Now wheels are the puzzle.

19x9.5: Lots of available options, but kind of narrow for 275s.

19x10: Seem to be a good option, but not much available at a reasonable price.

19x10.5: Concerned that this won't fit.

Wheel size advice?
19x10.5 on 275's should fit with relative ease. It's when you go big on the tire that it starts to be a problem.

I have Martian Wheels MW05's on order in 19x10.5.

What's your timeline? If you need something quickly, I'd suggest looking at tire availability first and then decide on the size.

If you're not looking for the most aggressive fitment at the moment, 18" wheels and tires would be much cheaper.
275-wide tire on a 9.5 +35 rim is a pretty common fitment, and won't look that stretched.

Are you looking to buy another set of wheels when you do upgrade to MPP coilovers or the wheels you buy now will be tracked long-term?

Reactions: Lindenwood
Thanks for the replies.

@MasterC17 it's the "should" fit that worries me. I talked to someone at MPP and they said 10" should fit fine, but with 10.5" I might have to pull my fenders, which I really don't want to have to do. If Martian Wheels MW05's have nailed the dimensions so I'm good with 275s I might bite the bullet and sped the dough.

@gearcruncher I run 205s on 8" wheels on my NA Miata, so 275 on 9.5" just seems pinched to me. Not sure which 275 tires I'll run, but I know that there are lots of options. I'll be looking for a balance of autocross and track performance.

@drpheta I know - 10" seems like the sweet spot, I can't find any 19x10 wheels with the right bolt pattern and offset in a reasonable price range.

@dsgerbc good point about availability. There's a track day I want to do in September, so availability is important. I want to go woth 19" wheels due to the wide 200tw 275/35/19 tire selection. I am trying to buy wheels that I'll stick with when I get the MPP Sport coilovers.

@TacoSteve those Aspiras look like an interesting option, but they are out of stock. If I do go 10.5, it looks like my option is Martian. Konig options don't seem to have the right offsets.

So I think my options are 19x10.5 Martians or various 19x9.5.

• Helpful
Reactions: Lindenwood
If you plan to track the car long-term, 19x10.5 seems like the size you'll end up with, if you want a square fitment. But they won't work out of the box, likely requiring spacers/adapters and/or extended studs.

I think @SK360 is running 19x10 +35 with a 275-wide rubber. I think he has MRR M600 wheels which are allegedly flow-forming cast, are are pretty affordable. I see a few sets on eBay. Not sure how they'd hold up to significant track duty though.

You can also custom-order some finest forged Chinesium wheels (see a tread on this forum on how to) for half the cost of Martians or Aspiras, with about 2 months lead time.

Was going to say that people have run custom Chinese forged wheels on this forum. They will make anything you want, but it'll take about 2 months from design to doorstep.

You could also grab the 19x9.5 Aspira wheels in the marketplace selling for a real nice price.

Lastly, you might just need to pay to play, and grab a set of custom BC forged or Signature wheels.

I just speed-read this thread...again. Looking for some advice from people with experience:

Currently stock 2022 M3P. I have MPP FUCA and rear camber arms on order. Other than those, I will be all stock for now, until I eventually spring for MPP Sport Coilovers.

Trying to decide on wheels and tires for track and autocross. I will add camber when installing these, and then put camber back to road specs for my DD wheels and tires. I have settled on 275/35/19 tire size. Now wheels are the puzzle.

19x9.5: Lots of available options, but kind of narrow for 275s.

19x10: Seem to be a good option, but not much available at a reasonable price.

19x10.5: Concerned that this won't fit.

Wheel size advice?
If you want to go wider later, use 10.5 size, but it's a stretch for 275. It's perfect for 295. But it's a tight fit with unstreetable camber and front spacers.

I use CUP2 and 4S of 275 35 19 on 9.5 et30 - they are perfect fit.

Looks like I'm going to go with some 19x9.5 Konigs, as the cost won't be too high, so if I want to move to 19x10.5 in the future I won't have too much invested. I see offset options of 25 and 35. Which would be the safer way to go - 35?

Really hard to beat 19x9.5 with a 275/35 tire. It's the size I keep coming back to. It just works.

Reactions: Lindenwood and Mash
Any of you guys with wide setups getting any rubbage on inner fender liners?
View attachment 820775

I'm noticing similar rubbing with 275/40R18 Nexen on 18x10.5 +25. Noticing the worst on the driver's side, behind the front wheel, when turning hard left. I got about 30 autocross runs in this weekend and it stopped, so either it wore itself clearance or I burned enough rubber to reduce the outer diameter a little.

Would I be able to run 265/35/19 in the rear with a +30 offset and 20mm spacers?

I’ve been getting conflicting information about rubbing the fender, Martian Wheels says they’re not sure, tire shop says it’ll fine, Reddit and TeslaMotorsClub is a mix of both, but from my limited understanding if the Model 3 can clear 305/35/19 in the rear on a stock setup, it should be able to clear what I’m trying to do… maybe?

I’m not in a position to try different spacers out, so I need to make sure to order the correct one on my first try.

Current Setup is stock RWD with MW03 Martian Wheels

Front: 19x8.5 +35 (235/40/19)
Rear: 19x9.5 +30 (265/35/19)

This is purely for cosmetic reasons, I want the rear tires to stick out beyond the fenders.

Last edited:
Would I be able to run 265/35/19 in the rear with a +30 offset and 20mm spacers?

It’s for a Model 3 RWD stock everything but the wheels.

I’ve been getting conflicting information about rubbing the fender, but from my understanding the Model 3 can clear 305/35/19 in the rear on a stock setup, so it should be the same, right?

I would not try that. It will stick well past the quarter panel.

I'm not sure where you see 305 tires fitting stock suspension, but you would need to confirm the wheel width, offset, brake rotor thickness, and camber to presume your car will fit the same.

Unbolt the sway bar and compress the spring all the way and you can see what it looks like.

Reactions: gearchruncher
I would not try that. It will stick well past the quarter panel.

I'm not sure where you see 305 tires fitting stock suspension, but you would need to confirm the wheel width, offset, brake rotor thickness, and camber to presume your car will fit the same.

Unbolt the sway bar and compress the spring all the way and you can see what it looks like.
Looks like I edited my post a little to late. I know it’ll stick out as that’s the look I’m going for. I’m not mechanically inclined enough to be able to do all that you just said.

If I go with 15mm spacers instead, would I be safe from an issues?

Edit: I was using this website as reference. It lists 305/35/19 as one of the compatible tires, but I’m not sure how accurate this is or if I’m just reading it incorrectly.

Last edited:
Looks like I edited my post a little to late. I know it’ll stick out as that’s the look I’m going for. I’m not mechanically inclined enough to be able to do all that you just said.

If I go with 15mm spacers instead, would I be safe from an issues?

Edit: I was using this website as reference. It lists 305/35/19 as one of the compatible tires, but I’m not sure how accurate this is or if I’m just reading it incorrectly.

Take your time. Do your homework. What width wheel? +15 offset with that width of tire is going to poke out without extra camber. Don’t make your Model 3 nonfunctional.