Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The quest for wider wheels and tires, 295, 305 and beyond...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What I meant was running like a 315 on a 9.5 wide....something silly like that
A couple of corvette guys I know did that with A7's on their fronts. I was worried about putting one on a 10.5":rolleyes:.They worked well but I got some 11" now for my rear 315A7's & they fit better + room for more I'd think. 325 or 335 maybe? need to up the front to 315(really 325) minimum

Amazon, I'm using a simple 5mm spacer. Looks like not available anymore but as long as you have extended studs something like this will work fine. Try and find a solid one like this not those kind with holes all over them. You want as much surface area contact as possible. The other option is get custom made spacers. Amazon.com Here's the custom spacers Truck Spacers & Adapters | Custom Built & Hub Centric | Custom Offsets

Edit: I had to drill the holes out for the 14mm studs also, easy with a stepped drill bit.
I already have 3mm and 5mm spacers. I'm looking for ways to go in between and have an effective 4mm. I don't see a way to order a 4mm spacer (except from Australia via ebay at like $100). And nobody seems to be selling 1mm or 2mm spacers (which I'd then use as 3+1 or 2+2). I've tried a few 'custom spacer' websites and they start at 3mm and then go to 5mm+. I suppose I could try to hit some local machine shops. Shouldn't be hard with a proper CNC machine.

if it's down to the MM like that ...just adjust the camber a few ticks....really wouldn't take much adjustment...just a MM...lol
It's an option, but my front camber is already into the range that's not really daily-driving friendly. My plan is to roll the front fenders a bit, and then to actually reduce the front camber a bit. And extra mm to work with would be nice.

I already have 3mm and 5mm spacers. I'm looking for ways to go in between and have an effective 4mm. I don't see a way to order a 4mm spacer (except from Australia via ebay at like $100). And nobody seems to be selling 1mm or 2mm spacers (which I'd then use as 3+1 or 2+2). I've tried a few 'custom spacer' websites and they start at 3mm and then go to 5mm+. I suppose I could try to hit some local machine shops. Shouldn't be hard with a proper CNC machine.
I'm sure if you contact one of these spacer companies they can either make what you want or point you in the right direction.

Reactions: dsgerbc
Alright, instead of spending $$ on some odd spacer I took a side-quest:
IMG_20220629_174215_469.jpg

So, I *think* I'm now good on clearance with my 305/30/19 RT660s. Did some random shake down driving on a nearby parking lot and so far so good. An autox event this weekend, we'll see how it goes.

On the rear clearance, I leaned heavily on info from @MasterC17 , who has MPP rear rotors, a +25 wheel, and had to dial almost 4 degrees of camber.
My wheels are +32 and I'm on OEM rear rotors, so between the offset and the rotors I had about 11mm extra to work with. So, I could probably get away with 2.5ish degrees of camber. At the moment I've dialed about 3. I may have to get tighter to the rear fenders if I get a ton of understeer.

On the front, based on @MasterC17's front clearance pic on a 19x10.5 +25 wheel I fully expected to add 7-8mm worth of spacers to my +32 wheel, but somehow ended up only needing a 3-4mm spacer. I'm on MPP front rotors, so, I guess, MasterC17 is currently on some front brake setup that doesn't push things out much compared to OEM.

I also had to reduce the compression stroke of my Redwood Ohlins. Without it, tires go deep into the wheel well at max bump, and no amount of fender rolling and/or camber would solve it.

For reference, I'm was on the lowest RW-recommended settings for the front - shock length of 630mm, and 12 mm of preload. I've cut the preload by 6mm to shorten the wheel bump travel (by about 8mm), and extended the shock free length by the same amount to try to get to the previous ride height. That should've worked in theory, unless I miss something, but I somehow ended up with a slightly higher front ride height. Maybe it's the MPP compression rod bushing inserts that I installed at the same time....

For the moment, I'm gonna try it as is, and maybe readjust again later.

IMG_20220627_204924_661.jpg

Alright, instead of spending $$ on some odd spacer I took a side-quest:
View attachment 823321

So, I *think* I'm now good on clearance with my 305/30/19 RT660s. Did some random shake down driving on a nearby parking lot and so far so good. An autox event this weekend, we'll see how it goes.

On the rear clearance, I leaned heavily on info from @MasterC17 , who has MPP rear rotors, a +25 wheel, and had to dial almost 4 degrees of camber.
My wheels are +32 and I'm on OEM rear rotors, so between the offset and the rotors I had about 11mm extra to work with. So, I could probably get away with 2.5ish degrees of camber. At the moment I've dialed about 3. I may have to get tighter to the rear fenders if I get a ton of understeer.

On the front, based on @MasterC17's front clearance pic on a 19x10.5 +25 wheel I fully expected to add 7-8mm worth of spacers to my +32 wheel, but somehow ended up only needing a 3-4mm spacer. I'm on MPP front rotors, so, I guess, MasterC17 is currently on some front brake setup that doesn't push things out much compared to OEM.

I also had to reduce the compression stroke of my Redwood Ohlins. Without it, tires go deep into the wheel well at max bump, and no amount of fender rolling and/or camber would solve it.

For reference, I'm was on the lowest RW-recommended settings for the front - shock length of 630mm, and 12 mm of preload. I've cut the preload by 6mm to shorten the wheel bump travel (by about 8mm), and extended the shock free length by the same amount to try to get to the previous ride height. That should've worked in theory, unless I miss something, but I somehow ended up with a slightly higher front ride height. Maybe it's the MPP compression rod bushing inserts that I installed at the same time....

For the moment, I'm gonna try it as is, and maybe readjust again later.

View attachment 823358

Glad you got it all worked out - car looks great!

Reactions: dsgerbc
Those who don't want to push out too far with spacers can shave the upright. The trick is finding a square setup that you can use in the front and the rear so you can rotate. That's why I have the offset I have. It's based on the front spacing limitation of the rear with the camber I have. You can run the 10.5 +25 but then the rear needs modification. I have done many hypergram fitments and am familiar with the mods needed in the rear. It's definitely better on a performance oem rotor. 11" +40 in the rear is ideal imo but up front it's way too much work imo.

what's the widest tires I can run with a 20x9 et 30 squared set up lowered with eibach sport springs?

TIA