Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Red Room (Superior Color ofc)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Love the red with the white interior.
My favorite color combo. Have you had any problems with the white interior being too reflective on bright days where it obstructs your vision? I’ve read folks say that sometimes it reflects off their driver side window, requiring them to roll down their window to see clearly out of it.
Haven't had that type of issue. However the white seats do make the inside of the car very bright for onlookers, giving it a bit of a fish bowl feeling (no privacy). I went with 20% tint on all windows and 70% on the windshield to darken the inside of the car a bit without being too illegal (25% is the legal limit in Texas).

Reactions: onshi
Obligatory post for the best color.

1639200791830.png

That green is there for a reason so feel free to CGI in a cool background 😂

I just received my new Plaid; red exterior with white interior. I really like this color combination. My previous Tesla was a MYP with the same colors but with the 21" wheels. I had changed to after market wheels and tires in 19", and really appreciated the difference. I ordered the new Plaid with the 19" Tempest wheels. I like the looks much better with the wheel covers off.

As a side note, I was very lucky in the time frames that my order went in. It was 23 days from placing the order until the car was delivered to my driveway. That included about 5 days of sitting in a rail yard and another 5 days of sitting in the delivery center lot awaiting a car hauler.

Reactions: Sigma4Life
As a side note, I was very lucky in the time frames that my order went in. It was 23 days from placing the order until the car was delivered to my driveway. That included about 5 days of sitting in a rail yard and another 5 days of sitting in the delivery center lot awaiting a car hauler.
Wow, that quick a delivery time is great to hear! How long after you ordered did you receive a VIN?

Have those updates been confirmed? Saw the spy shots but wasn’t sure if anyone had posted more info.
A recent photo of a mule with the change was posted yesterday on reddit/facebook group. Hoping it's already on the line.
I like the mini door on the current design but i does make sense to just have one design like the 3/Y

Reactions: bllydia
Having debate with hubby about whether PPF is really worth it.

Hubby: We're not car fanatics and have never put any sort of protection on our cars. Me: But we went all-in for the red multi-coat with this one and it makes sense we'd want to keep it looking its best.

How pricey is it to have a detailer fix scrapes and nicks from road debris on Tesla red multi-coat, and how close to original would it look if done well? Is this damage more noticeable on Teslas than on other cars if gone unfixed?

Having debate with hubby about whether PPF is really worth it.

Hubby: We're not car fanatics and have never put any sort of protection on our cars. Me: But we went all-in for the red multi-coat with this one and it makes sense we'd want to keep it looking its best.

How pricey is it to have a detailer fix scrapes and nicks from road debris on Tesla red multi-coat, and how close to original would it look if done well? Is this damage more noticeable on Teslas than on other cars if gone unfixed?
PPF is great and all but most people will argue the price to get it fixed(pretty well) is much more worth it than to PPF.

Since we're talking about our glorious Red♥️, I will say I've had my MCR model 3 for 3 years and I haven't had any major issues with it. At the end of the day you only notice tiny chips when you're washing the car.

If you're planning on selling the car in the future, PPF won't raise your value.

I honestly don't think it's worth it. I plan to ceramic coat my car when it arrives. Currently selling the model 3 and chips(which aren't noticeable) didn't matter.

Reactions: Crisita99