Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Tesla hate is real

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Considering it's SF, it was probably some homeless person pushing their shopping cart down the road. Or it could be your ex-gf who's now jealous of your new ride.

Of all places in the world, you'd probably find the least amount of hate for Tesla in SF and the bay area in general. That being said, there's haters peppered everywhere and anywhere.

Reactions: PA ZU and EinSV
Here is my fender ding like OP. Mine is on the rear passenger side.
Vandal or simple door ding?

6TM7tMH.jpg

I park away from everyone, way away, but I know that's not possible in a big city where you have take what you can get. Another trick: Park next to another nice car since they have an interest in not dinging up their rig as well. Final rules, never park next to a Cadillac, Lincoln or other sofa on wheels or a vehicle that is obviously infested with children (mini-vans, car seats visible, etc...)

I park away from everyone, way away, but I know that's not possible in a big city where you have take what you can get. Another trick: Park next to another nice car since they have an interest in not dinging up their rig as well. Final rules, never park next to a Cadillac, Lincoln or other sofa on wheels or a vehicle that is obviously infested with children (mini-vans, car seats visible, etc...)

Mini-vans with sliding doors are actually great. No chance of dinging you.

Mini-vans with sliding doors are actually great. No chance of dinging you.
Other than the army of crotchfruit that come tumbling out of the sliding door waving around their toys without a care in the world. If they hit your car, the parent is gonna just roll their eyes and grab the kid by the arm and go.

I had a very similar dent to my car as the comments here with pics, however mine was from shipping. Is there *any* chance that this could have already been there and perhaps overlooked during delivery? I know it’s unlikely but just want to throw this out there.

Edit: 2 (poor quality) pics here: Tesla Westmont Illinois

It was my first ti
I had a very similar dent to my car as the comments here with pics, however mine was from shipping. Is there *any* chance that this could have already been there and perhaps overlooked during delivery? I know it’s unlikely but just want to throw this out there.

Edit: 2 (poor quality) pics here: Tesla Westmont Illinois
No pictures showing up on that link for me.

• Informative
Reactions: TQCLove
I have one on the lower spot as yours. My theory is it came from the seatbelts buckle.

Do you have kids? There aren't any seat belt holder on the top of the back seats. When the kids unbuckle and open the door, sometimes the buckle will fall outside the car. They try to close the door and it hits the buckle. Then the kids will act like nothing happened and trys again after putting the seatbelts back inside.

Reactions: dhrivnak
just found some more damage that i didn't notice til this morning.. the wheel was gouged as well on that side. You can see the scratches on the original photo i posted. This 2 week old car has yet to park next to a curb on the driver side and I know I didn’t curb anything. And curb marks appear on the lip usually. It might be some careless uber passenger swinging their door open. Either way I will never know. And the damage is done. I’m going to try to get the dents addressed tomorrow.

Attachments

• 7807CA61-7D49-44FE-BFEE-5D08393A44A9.jpeg
    7807CA61-7D49-44FE-BFEE-5D08393A44A9.jpeg
    252.9 KB · Views: 100
  • 2687BBF4-98DF-4576-B091-77761C1E46F5.jpeg
    2687BBF4-98DF-4576-B091-77761C1E46F5.jpeg
    371.3 KB · Views: 75
I have one on the lower spot as yours. My theory is it came from the seatbelts buckle.

Do you have kids? There aren't any seat belt holder on the top of the back seats. When the kids unbuckle and open the door, sometimes the buckle will fall outside the car. They try to close the door and it hits the buckle. Then the kids will act like nothing happened and trys again after putting the seatbelts back inside.
no kids. no one sat in that seat before.

no kids. no one sat in that seat before.

Good to know then maybe my kids didn't do it on my car after all. I have seen seatbelt fall out before my kids closed the door so that's why I thought that's what happened.

Now I'm stumped as this has happened to other Model 3s. Who has car door that low? I don't think it's vandal as people would do more damages than just a couple of dents. It's people who don't care when they open their doors.