TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Thermal photos of heated seats

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by David99, Jan 5, 2015.

1. David99

David99 Active Member

Inspired by Islandbaby's video, I got myself one of these thermal camera add-ons for my phone. I have a blast using it everywhere around the house and the car. I just tested out the heated seats and it's really interesting how the wires are in the seats. img_thermal33317435.jpg

2. Raffy.Roma

Raffy.Roma Active Member

Cool! :cool:

Hope that Tesla will produce soon also ventilated/cooled seats.

3. tomanik

tomanik Member

Will have to try this with my aftermarket rear seat heaters. Also to side tracking a little, do you find that your seek thermal images generally have a cool corner to its images?

4. majorlance

majorlance Member

I think the graphic on the right says "Elon Musk". ;)

Very cool. Need to find that thermal add-on for my phone...

5. David99

David99 Active Member

There are some really expensive ones and there there are two companies that offer add on cameras for phones. I got the one from Seek. It plugs in on the Galaxy or iPhone. Works great and is reasonable in price ($215). The other one is Flir which is a case for the iPhone 5 only. I found the seek to be more versatile. I think the Flir one has a lightly better frame rate, but that really didn't mater to me.

6. majorlance

majorlance Member

7. dan-l

dan-l Member

Cool pic!

My new seek camera has the same cool spot. I contacted them and they expect to correct it with a firmware update.

8. David99

David99 Active Member

Nope, mine seems to be pretty even.

9. EarlyAdopter

EarlyAdopter Active Member

Maybe that's where the "signature" is on the Signatures. ;-)

10. Gizmotoy

Gizmotoy Active Member

They might, but that looks like the cold sheet metal of the door frame :). You can see the side sill, too, on the opposite side.

11. Peter_M

Peter_M Member

I haven't used either one but I understand that the FLIR camera takes visual and IR pictures and overlays them to make it easier to see what you're looking at. That sounds useful, so I think I'll wait until there's a FLIR camera for the iPhone 6 plus.

What did you find more versatile about the Seek camera?

12. tga

tga Supporting Member

Well, I have a Galaxy S4, for the Seek is a lot more versatile for me than the iPhone 5-only FLIR One. :smile:

I haven't noticed it, but I just got the camera a few days ago...