Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Things you didn't know about your Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The theory is, if you need the j1772 adapter, you are not using the UMC. So you will not need to unpack the bag.

Indeed - the chances that I'll need to use the UMC is slim. But the chance that I'll want to use the J1772 adapter is much higher so I'd like to keep it close at hand instead of buried in the frunk/trunk. On the S, there was that very handy compartment in the glove compartment to stash the J1772 adapter and keep it from rolling around which doesn't exist on the X. I too would appreciate knowing exactly how the OP situated the adapter in the driver's door pocket so that it's secured. For now, I've shoved it all the way in the back of that pocket in an upright position which seems to be doing pretty well but if there's a better location/position, would love to hear it.

why dont you keep the plug in the bag with the charger?

Easier to access instead of opening the frunk and taking out the bag when I go to a public charger.

Indeed - the chances that I'll need to use the UMC is slim. But the chance that I'll want to use the J1772 adapter is much higher so I'd like to keep it close at hand instead of buried in the frunk/trunk. On the S, there was that very handy compartment in the glove compartment to stash the J1772 adapter and keep it from rolling around which doesn't exist on the X. I too would appreciate knowing exactly how the OP situated the adapter in the driver's door pocket so that it's secured. For now, I've shoved it all the way in the back of that pocket in an upright position which seems to be doing pretty well but if there's a better location/position, would love to hear it.

Will give that shot and keep the adapter in the driver door pocket as it rolls around in the glovebox

I was actually told this was discontinued.

we actually spent time trying to figure this out today. We have a 6 seater with kids in car seats in the second row. Third row is folded down. Rear AC would not turn on. My youngest was soaked in sweat -_-.

Needs better control IMO
The air blows faster if it's in circulate mode vs biohazard. Biohazard slows the air volume. Also it's easy for the fan to blow with setting on cool but still have the AC off. Not sure why that is. If you have it at 69 and it's 80 in the car why is the AC not powered on?

Reactions: VerityZooms
My wife informed me that the windshield wiper fluid actually comes out of the wipers! This was hard for me to wrap my head around at first, because seeing it in action you don't see a spray, just the wipers wiping, and suddenly there's moisture.

Still makes a mess on the top section of the glass at speed though.

We don't have an S so perhaps you all already knew this but you have to do a hard press on the windshield wiper fluid button to get fluid to come out. Otherwise it just runs the wipers. Probably belongs more in a Dummies Guide to Model X, but at first we thought our X was delivered without wiper fluid :confused:

My theory is this is due to the HEPA filter. The higher the MERV rating of a filter the more particles will be filtered out, but it will also require more air be blown through the filter.
Not a bad theory. However, it doesn't sound like the fan drawing through the filter. It sounds like the cooling fan for the compressor. You may be right, though - I could probably just pull my HEPA filter out and see how it works without the filter.

• In car phone charger has plastic rails that you should install if they weren't installed before delivery.

Doh! All this time I was doing a Space X Falcon 9 landing on the adapter.
I finally found that bag and found those rails -- no screws I presume.

This forum: 0% stumped rate
SC Rep: 100% stumped rate : "Where is the subwoofer on the **Model X** ... stumped
"The 2 **front** lights in the 5-set center dome cannot be touch-controlled on/off?" ... stumped ;)

The hood/frunk can be opened by anyone via the emergency access latch release. Security through obscurity.

20fDoBM.png

Oh boy this is so far the most valuable tip I've read. In my recent trip I thought the Frunk was the safest place to store my important documents and kept them there.. what an Irony :(