Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This is not the right time for me to buy a new Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A second screen? Where is this rumor from???? I find that highly highly highly highly unlikely. Also, batteries probably not within a year. Maybe 2-3 years. They are going in the cyber truck and big rig first...

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    29.8 KB · Views: 65
My opinion. If you’re going to wait and have the money now. Invest in TSLA and divest when you’re confident enough to buy/get tired of waiting. Lol..

i actually think by the way OP is talking like VW might be a better and cheaper choice in a year to come, he should not invest in Tesla now....

As for tax savings $7k, keep in mind that Biden’s proposal would limit on income. Only if you make $250k and below would you be qualified

Not to mention, previously the “tax credit” was baked into a higher price tag. In the end, Tesla got most of the tax break, not the consumer. Which was really the intent of the tax breaks, to help new technologies get off the ground.

not sure what this means. Tesla didn’t lower its prices by 7k, sales still went up.

indirectly benefited yes, direct recipient of the tax break no. They make money on the EV credits they bank and sold to other ICE maker

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC
This is reminiscent of the Iphone "should I wait till next year" threads. Tesla is a very dynamic company and the current models are well above the competition and also command good resale value. The wait till next year philosophy is flawed with a dynamic company. There will always be a better battery and more bells and whistles predicted for next model year. Buy current and trade up when you feel the optimal model is being offered. Of course, the "optimal" model may never happen till the company stagnates.
Many of the "wait till next year" crowd are simply rationalizing a reason not to spend money.

but no one would buy an iPhone in Sept/Oct right?

You’re going to get a lot of flak for obvious reasons, but I don’t disagree with you.

We’re one or two years out from next generation batteries and one or two years out from Rivian and Lucid entering the market. And if you buy right now, you’re going to get a car made during Tesla’s EOY delivery rush. I like the Y a lot but I’m right on the fence about canceling my order.

• Helpful
i actually think by the way OP is talking like VW might be a better and cheaper choice in a year to come, he should not invest in Tesla now....

No i was saying for city car VW is better choice, $32k vs $52k.

But for 60k car needs to have more then 320 miles range.
It will happen, soon, thats why im saying waiting couple of months will be good for new buyer.

Buying now,getting old console, not being 100% sure of any other upgrades and having same day one battery is not something i would do it

It will happen, soon, thats why im saying waiting couple of months will be good for new buyer.

Buying now,getting old console, not being 100% sure of any other upgrades and having same day one battery is not something i would do it
Then don't get one. It seems like you have talked yourself out of getting one and are trying to get people to agree with you to justify your decision. I have a 2019 Model 3 and just got a 2021 Model Y and am very happy with both. The 320 mile battery is way more than enough for most people. I drive 50-75 miles a day. The few road trips I've made I never had any problems finding and using the Superchargers available.

MY was advertised as family car.
I guess family includes children.
Doing more stops with kids is not convenient.
We have 3 kids.
Having at least 50 more miles of range would be great.
It will happen in near future, M3 already got that.
New Panasonic battery is already in production.
I have friends with MY and children.
They already told me they wish their car have more range so i don`t need anyone here telling me 250 miles for long trips is already enough.
Im just saying waiting 4 more months will be more beneficial to future buyer.
I understand if someone needs new car right now then there is no question, but if someone is thinking of buying it and not in hurry then waiting couple of months is no brainer

But even then, i would rent a car for $600 per month untill new battery is out, extra 2-3k will be worth waiting.
Your kids sit still/don’t need breaks every 1.5-3h? Wow.

Your kids sit still/don’t need breaks every 1.5-3h? Wow.

Let’s be honest here. Unless we are talking about daily commuter of less than 50miles round trip, there is no doubt owning an EV changes your driving experience and life style on the road.

everyone’s usage and experience would be unique. I for example live in an apartment. I am lucky that the parking garage has charging stations and less than a block away. I don’t drive enough to even justify owning a Tesla (economic POV) and it’s definitely more hassle compare to ICE. However the driving experience and tech is top notch and that’s worth the extra hour spent at the charging stations during a road trip.

I was referring to his comment about investing in Tesla stocks now instead of buying one. If I were you, assuming you don’t need a vehicle now, wait few more months. It’s unlikely FSD price will go up in near term. 82kwh Battery might come sooner than later or maybe even skipped for MY and go directly to 4680. Range increase for sure instead of price reduction.

Air suspension might come with 3rd row seating to soften the “back of the bus” bumps

Heated steering, a feature even $35k Mazda has, should not only be for MS and MY.

A second screen? Where is this rumor from???? I find that highly highly highly highly unlikely. Also, batteries probably not within a year. Maybe 2-3 years. They are going in the cyber truck and big rig first...

I agree. A 17” is more likely than a second screen.

battery might be sooner than later. I wouldn’t be surprised to find them in one of the SX3Y next year

Reactions: qdeathstar
Similar situation here. I bought a Bolt in 2017 because I wanted an EV, couldn't afford an S, and didn't want to wait for an affordable M3. Kept a Honda Fit for long-range driving, because the Bolt really is a commuter car. (Where "commute" includes all driving in the DC-Maryland-Virginia metro area).

We had actually planned to go ahead and drive the Bolt to Maine this year. Planned out where to charge, laid eyes on the chargers last year, got ourselves psyched up for the adventure, and then Tesla announced the MY would be available much earlier than expected. So we sold the Fit, crossed our fingers on build quality, bought an early MY, checked it carefully before driving it home, and are so glad we did. The drive was 1/10 as stressful as it would have been in the Bolt, and about half as stressful as the Fit (mainly due to Autosteer and TACC, but also just the ride and noise being better).

If I'd waited until next year, I'm sure I would have gotten a better car (USB in glovebox, maybe more range, blah blah blah). But in exchange I got to drive to my (extremely socially isolated) vacation place in far more comfort. And it's a bit surprising how much I love never having to deal with gasoline at all. If I have to rent a gasser in the future I'll hate it!

I’m in a rental now as I’m on vacation and had to get a ICE from Alamo
Had to drive two hours with no form of autopilot. TORTURE

No joke...I want OP’s kids.

Unless I dehydrated my 3 and 7yr old, they’re needing bathroom breaks every couple hours.

If anything, we can’t get the kids back in the car quick enough before the required charging to the next stop is finished.

My kids were always good about sitting still in cars on our long trips (2hrs or more) as long as they had an iPad or some form of video games to keep them busy.