Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This Is The Model 3 Pre-Order Gift

Was this the pre-order gift you expected?

• Yes

Votes: 181 67.5%
  • No

Votes: 87 32.5%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Curious to see what they do with the IC space. Maybe full HUD instead? Again, hard to see that in the 3 before the S/X, and there's just not that much time now.
Elon has been clear that the S/X will get the latest and greatest tech before the 3 and in some cases the 3 will not have options that the S/X has.

My point being that if the 3 goes into production with a HUD or some other new cool feature, Tesla could be planning on introducing the feature in the S/X first. There is plenty of time to do that. Given that Tesla does not announce new features in advance, it could happen any time. We do know that Elon has stated there will be an event before the end of 2016 about "the obvious thing"; that could be AP V2 and a HUD could be part of that. I believe it is obvious that the 3 will have the same AP capabilities as the S/X.

Reactions: Jaff and hobbes
Nominated for best post of the year ... Go Green! :D

Quote: "Personally, I am happy that by kissing your ass they can encourage more intelligent purchases like yours, something the petroleum combustion engine industry is not doing, so pucker up" End quote!

The statement from a Tesla client who read his comment and was asked to opine:

My 2¢’s

Gentlemen, so few companies ever indicate that they give a damn about your contribution of hard earned cash, support or effort on behalf of the existence of their brand or the global ideal to change the norm from ordinary to extraordinary service! Tell me this, when did you last get a genuine thank you from any company for your faith in a product you have never experienced, sampled or tested?

So why not bask in being appreciated by a company genuinely attempting to show appreciation for your faith and supporting the Tesla brand? Is it not Elon’ stated ethos to change the world? So let him change it. I for one have never seen this much attention to their consumer by any manufacturer is support of their consumer clients in over 50 years in product launch analyses or journalism!

So please support Tesla, any effort to shake up the consumer industry or show appreciation to a client for their custom should be appreciated, this is a good thing nothing to criticize here, you are pioneers, it’s a new experience so revel in it and be grateful you are at the tip of the spear in changing the worlds atmosphere by your choice of transportation!

Gentlemen, In the final analyses we all benefit, we have only one space ship with enough mass to hold all the earths population’s on which we may survive the self-inflicted wounds we continue to inflict on our planet:

Space Ship Earth!

Ship Size: M = (5.9722±0.0006)×1024 kilograms

Logic to save it: Our species need clean air to survive!

Logic of Tesla: Without air there is no life, electric cars contribute to clean air!

We all occupy spaces wishing its atmosphere and we all need to breathe, your order of a Tesla indicated that you are intelligent enough to understand the correlation that destroying the planet with Carbon dioxide (chemical formula CO2) is in nobody’s interest.

All recipients of the Tesla gift should consider all intelligent sentient beings living on this "space-ship" planet thank you for your purchase and vote for a sustainable future! Therefore, you should accept the Tesla notification as a token and demonstration that they respect, value and appreciate your contribution for us all to live on a sustainable planet! That is what I believe the message Tesla sent to you personified in their small gift and token of appreciation, so chin-up pioneers!

Now lets consider our extra terrestrial activities off planet on our journey to Mars after we have saved our own planet "space-ship" earth!

Disclosure:
I am not yet a Tesla Shareholder or Owner.
I am however a supporter of sustainable transportation and Independent media.

Footnote:
I am however a supporter of sustainable transportation and Independent media, a reporter who interviewed Tesla customers braving extremities standing in line during inclement London weather waiting to place their order for Model III, should they not welcome or receive a letter of appreciation?

I can print up to 13 x 19 on my home printer. You'd think that Elon could at least have signed this!

The original prints are more like lithographs on heavy stock with an embossed Tesla logo... very nice for framing.
Regarding the signed version ... one recently sold on eBay with Elon's signature for only $1,400. :cool:

Tesla Model S Concept Sketch Blueprint Art Print Elon Musk signed Poster Litho

upload_2016-6-19_12-18-3.png

Has anyone else received this yet? Or am I the only one being skeptical since there is only one report of this by a account that has 3 posts?

Why has only 1 person actually reported reciept of this gift?

Perhaps I am becoming skeptical in my old age, but to quote Three Dog Night, "one is the loneliest number". One and only one recipient posting seems . . . odd.

Reactions: Canuck and melindav
Perhaps I am also being too skeptical, but I find the use of the word "ordering" a little fishy. In states like Arizona, Tesla had to be careful to state that your $1,000 was buying a spot in line to order (i.e. making a reservation), not to placing an order.

Reactions: Canuck
Has anyone else received this yet? Or am I the only one being skeptical since there is only one report of this by a account that has 3 posts?

Perhaps I am becoming skeptical in my old age, but to quote Three Dog Night, "one is the loneliest number". One and only one recipient posting seems . . . odd.

After I read these posts it caused me to raise my eyebrows so I went back and read the original post and thought to myself that it must be real since who would make the card, take the picture, etc. just to pull our legs.

Perhaps I am also being too skeptical, but I find the use of the word "ordering" a little fishy. In states like Arizona, Tesla had to be careful to state that your $1,000 was buying a spot in line to order (i.e. making a reservation), not to placing an order.

After I read your post I thought "how did I miss that?". I agree. I don't see Tesla using the word "ordering". We have reserved but not yet ordered.

Perhaps it's real but I'm now on the side of it being a hoax. If it is a hoax, it's a good one, and if the OP consciously used the word "ordering" rather than "reserving", as a clue to the more astutely aware, such as Microfrost, it's a brilliant hoax.

Did you wait in line at a brick and mortar Tesla store before it opened to place your reservation???

Why has only 1 person actually reported reciept of this gift?

After I read these posts it caused me to raise my eyebrows so I went back and read the original post and thought to myself that it must be real since who would make the card, take the picture, etc. just to pull our legs.

After I read your post I thought "how did I miss that?". I agree. I don't see Tesla using the word "ordering". We have reserved but not yet ordered.

Perhaps it's real but I'm now on the side of it being a hoax. If it is a hoax, it's a good one, and if the OP consciously used the word "ordering" rather than "reserving", as a clue to the more astutely aware, such as Microfrost, it's a brilliant hoax.

OP here. (Ah, those were the days.)

I suppose doing a hoax may have been more brilliant, which no one ever accused me of lol. I've read the skepticism sweeping the interwebz, and it's actually quite amusing to read about yourself from the perspective of the internet. Quite honestly. I can understand why people would think this is a fake. However, let's point out that Teslarati already outed my name and you can do a trivial amount of digging to find out more about me, which provides a ring of "truthiness" to my story. If I was going to create a hoax, I certainly wouldn't have allowed them to publish my name. And my name appears below, so whatever. I'll share a couple more facts/points/pictures that may interest the masses. If you're a conspiracy theorist, please read as well because I want to hear the wild theories you'll come up with.

I reserved my Model 3 a few minutes before/after online reservations became available. In fact, I can't be sure, but I think I MAY have reserved (in-store) possibly JUST AS online reservations were starting, which is of interest to me because I would have been MUCH, MUCH LATER than anyone. For the truly interested, here is my reservation email, but, you know, it could easily be *faked* by anyone with a moderate amount of computer knowledge.

s!AjAc04nUHKKJj8coRGDN-ulKOSQUow

Here's the envelope that the thing came in.

s!AjAc04nUHKKJj8cnSpoobkkBGbMriw

Annnnnnd here's a picture of everything, and my business card.

s!AjAc04nUHKKJj8cmIhzpxF9hvhB-3g

Of course, you could logically, rationally, and calmly continue to argue the following:
OP ONLY HAS A FEW POSTS - FAKE
OP OBVIOUSLY USED PHOTOSHOP/MS PAINT - FAKE
OP CLEARLY USED INSPECT ELEMENT IN HIS WEB BROWSER TO CREATE RESERVATION EMAIL - FAKE
OP USED PRE-MEDITATED LOGIC ON ALL CONSPIRACY THEORY ARGUMENTS - FAKE

But I think I made my point. :p

Here's my theory about the whole deal, and I doubt it will be popular, but here goes. Tesla undoubtedly knows who reserved in store. However, the problem I see is as follows. How do they know I didn't wait in line? I assume everyone reserved through the same application, and there wasn't a check box for "waited in line" or not. What constitutes a "line waiter"? I don't think anyone has a good answer to that question. I know the UTC store in San Diego had a line through late afternoon, but the one I reserved at (Fashion Valley) did not. Is everyone who went to UTC a "line waiter"? Are the store employees going to make a statement "Well, the line lasted until X time" that is going to determine the cutoff? In addition, I doubt the gift distribution is based on place in line. I mean, I reserved far later than probably 95% of the people in this thread. I just happen to be close to the postal distribution center. Why did I, the lone data point, get it first? No clue, but I bet a lot more people will get them on Monday and corroborate my story.

So, all that being said, I believe this may be all we get. Maybe I'm wrong, but hey, this is the internet, and no one will remember.

Tesla undoubtedly knows who reserved in store. However, the problem I see is as follows. How do they know I didn't wait in line?

Time of order. Its that simple. There are 3 interesting time-groups here:
  1. Pre-online ordering (up until about 3/31/16 7:30pm PT);
  2. post-online ordering but pre-reveal (3/31/16 between 7:30pm and 8:30pm PT) and
  3. post-reveal (after 3/31/16 8:30pm PT).
You seem to be clearly in the group 2. Elon did say, and I quote his tweet here: "... Also, small token of appreciation coming for those who lined up." So, I suspect that he really means group 1 only.

I suppose its possible that some stores (where?) were still processing in-store orders during the period after the online-ordering started but the reveal hadn't yet started. These people could be separated by what is I am sure, meta-data showing that the order was processed at a store.

I think the intent is to reward people who were willing to stand in a physical queue at the stores, before the product was even publicly revealed.

I also don't know if we'll find out anytime soon. No one said he'd send out the "extra" thing at the same time as what you've shared with us. It could be that we'll get something in the car itself (as some mentioned above) or perhaps around Reveal 2. Certainly the Tesla marketing department will make it a newsworthy thing all by itself.

Could be an interesting week ahead though!

• Helpful
Reactions: TaoJones
Elon has been clear that the S/X will get the latest and greatest tech before the 3 and in some cases the 3 will not have options that the S/X has.

I've been under the impression that will not have the same options until later once cost of those options have gone down. Did he state somewhere that there will be options that the 3 will never have?

Not trying to be argumentative, just genuinely curious. And of course, since it's not liftback but a sedan a power trunk, for example, can be missing and so on.

OP here. (Ah, those were the days.)

I suppose doing a hoax may have been more brilliant, which no one ever accused me of lol. I've read the skepticism sweeping the interwebz, and it's actually quite amusing to read about yourself from the perspective of the internet. Quite honestly. I can understand why people would think this is a fake. However, let's point out that Teslarati already outed my name and you can do a trivial amount of digging to find out more about me, which provides a ring of "truthiness" to my story. If I was going to create a hoax, I certainly wouldn't have allowed them to publish my name. And my name appears below, so whatever. I'll share a couple more facts/points/pictures that may interest the masses. If you're a conspiracy theorist, please read as well because I want to hear the wild theories you'll come up with.

I reserved my Model 3 a few minutes before/after online reservations became available. In fact, I can't be sure, but I think I MAY have reserved (in-store) possibly JUST AS online reservations were starting, which is of interest to me because I would have been MUCH, MUCH LATER than anyone. For the truly interested, here is my reservation email, but, you know, it could easily be *faked* by anyone with a moderate amount of computer knowledge.

s!AjAc04nUHKKJj8coRGDN-ulKOSQUow

Here's the envelope that the thing came in.

s!AjAc04nUHKKJj8cnSpoobkkBGbMriw

Annnnnnd here's a picture of everything, and my business card.

s!AjAc04nUHKKJj8cmIhzpxF9hvhB-3g

Of course, you could logically, rationally, and calmly continue to argue the following:
OP ONLY HAS A FEW POSTS - FAKE
OP OBVIOUSLY USED PHOTOSHOP/MS PAINT - FAKE
OP CLEARLY USED INSPECT ELEMENT IN HIS WEB BROWSER TO CREATE RESERVATION EMAIL - FAKE
OP USED PRE-MEDITATED LOGIC ON ALL CONSPIRACY THEORY ARGUMENTS - FAKE

But I think I made my point. :p

Here's my theory about the whole deal, and I doubt it will be popular, but here goes. Tesla undoubtedly knows who reserved in store. However, the problem I see is as follows. How do they know I didn't wait in line? I assume everyone reserved through the same application, and there wasn't a check box for "waited in line" or not. What constitutes a "line waiter"? I don't think anyone has a good answer to that question. I know the UTC store in San Diego had a line through late afternoon, but the one I reserved at (Fashion Valley) did not. Is everyone who went to UTC a "line waiter"? Are the store employees going to make a statement "Well, the line lasted until X time" that is going to determine the cutoff? In addition, I doubt the gift distribution is based on place in line. I mean, I reserved far later than probably 95% of the people in this thread. I just happen to be close to the postal distribution center. Why did I, the lone data point, get it first? No clue, but I bet a lot more people will get them on Monday and corroborate my story.

So, all that being said, I believe this may be all we get. Maybe I'm wrong, but hey, this is the internet, and no one will remember.
I couldn't see those pictures you posted. Just out of curiosity, what carrier was used to send the package? I'm just trying to see if any of my services will alert me to the item being sent to my home. I'm thinking it's likely USPS but I'm hoping for FedEx or UPS so I can track it :p. I know - wishful thinking lol

I couldn't see those pictures you posted. Just out of curiosity, what carrier was used to send the package? I'm just trying to see if any of my services will alert me to the item being sent to my home. I'm thinking it's likely USPS but I'm hoping for FedEx or UPS so I can track it :p. I know - wishful thinking lol

Open them in new tab and those will work. As embedded object they fail.

• Helpful
Reactions: Microfrost and MB30