Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This Is The Model 3 Pre-Order Gift

Was this the pre-order gift you expected?

• Yes

Votes: 181 67.5%
  • No

Votes: 87 32.5%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guys and gals. Seriously.

If you ordered in a store on the first day, you get a card with the design sketches.

If you didn't, you don't.

That's it. End of story. There is no super extra special second gift. There is absolutely no difference between someone who "stood in line" for 3 hours and someone who swaggered up to the counter on their lunch hour and was in and out in 38 seconds.

Enjoy your picture.

• Disagree
Reactions: Microfrost

If you ordered in a store on the first day, you get a card with the design sketches.

That's it. End of story. There is no super extra special second gift. There is absolutely no difference between someone who "stood in line" for 3 hours and someone who swaggered up to the counter on their lunch hour and was in and out in 38 seconds.

Enjoy your picture.
I understand...but is there any harm in hoping? Do we really have to be correct in this forum?

Again...what else are we going to do for the next 17 months?

Hey...I just noticed the date I joined this forum.....how ironic.
I put down my deposit and joined the forum on the same (historical) date.......and still have nothing in the mail...lol

Let's not forget what Musk himself said:

4GvL5eQ.png

Enjoy your picture.

Actually Dude seriously. As per this post in the other gift thread - Guesses on "token of appreciation" for line waiters tweeted by Elon Musk

The tweet stated that everyone who ordered would be sent something, with something a little extra for those that waited inline. Elon even tweeted in response to the question "a scale model 3?" with the tweet "that and a little something extra. So speculation on an extra special gift is OK.

Actually Dude seriously. As per this post in the other gift thread - Guesses on "token of appreciation" for line waiters tweeted by Elon Musk

The tweet stated that everyone who ordered would be sent something, with something a little extra for those that waited inline. Elon even tweeted in response to the question "a scale model 3?" with the tweet "that and a little something extra. So speculation on an extra special gift is OK.

Maybe it was actually in the context of determining what the special gift might be and it was a decision between "a scale model 3" "and a few other things". The final decision could have happened to be the design sketch.

Enjoy your picture.

Feature request: May we have an icon at lower right that symbolizes "Disregard the quoted post above. It is wrong in every possible way. Ignorance is bliss. Nothing to see here - move along."?

Perhaps a giant "splat" icon except in miniature. A facepalm? Something. I defer to those far more creative than me...

Got mine. Ordered on 3/31 at noon in-store (no line by that point, I drove by at 10am and didn't want to wait), I'm on the east coast.

My wife doesn't want to put it in her office, and I'm not sure I want to put it in mine. Now to decide what to do with it...

Feature request: May we have an icon at lower right that symbolizes "Disregard the quoted post above. It is wrong in every possible way. Ignorance is bliss. Nothing to see here - move along."?

Perhaps a giant "splat" icon except in miniature. A facepalm? Something. I defer to those far more creative than me...

It's cool. I'm sure the special "Line Sitter Lime" paint color, free supercharging certificate, and die-cast model of Elon's left hand will be here any minute now, just as soon as they finish downloading the data from all of the line length sensors and queue cameras they installed at all the stores. ;)