Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This sums up our morning!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey, I see that you are using a balancer from the ceiling for the charger, which is EXACTLY what I'm doing.
Can you tell me which balancer you are using? Is your cable from the 80-100amp Tesla Wall Connector?

Not sure what you mean by balancer, but for the Model X I mounted the HPWC to the ceiling and used a bike hook and some velcro strap to wrap the excess cable out of the way.
For the Model S, we have another HPWC mounted to the wall on the far side of the Model S charge port.
Both are 80A.

Not sure what you mean by balancer, but for the Model X I mounted the HPWC to the ceiling and used a bike hook and some velcro strap to wrap the excess cable out of the way.
For the Model S, we have another HPWC mounted to the wall on the far side of the Model S charge port.
Both are 80A.

I think he is talking about the hanging tennis ball which I guessed was a clever way to know exactly how far forward to pull before stopping.

I posted this in another thread, but posting again here too since it came up. I raised my garage door as close to my 8 foot ceiling as possible by changing the tracks and garage door motor to a Liftmaster 8500. I now have 92.5 inches of height. With the garage door above the Model X, the doors almost open fully when tested with a friend's Signature car. Outside the garage, the doors opened to just under 90 inches, so I have enough room, but the sensors stop the doors a little short of the door and the maximum opening height. IMG_0195.JPG

• Helpful
Reactions: mikevbf
Those are some good questions. I waited until we got the MX before I began to sweat wether or not it fit. So, with the Garage door closed, I had to put a "pad" on the outer door rail to protect the X. It touches it sometimes. The rail is 86.5 inches from the floor. The suspension is on standard.
View attachment 169245

With the garage door open, it's not so good. FWD in the center is not open enough to use it. The drivers side door is good to go, but not fully opening.
View attachment 169246

Excellent, thanks for the photos and measurements! The rail on my garage is pretty low - around 76" running across the width of the garage. My ceiling height is only 86". I'm beginning to think that the doors won't open in a usable way. The alternative is to reverse the car in far enough for the doors to clear that rail and could at least open to the 86" height.

I'm having trouble finding accurate measurements on the exact position of the doors when open (ie, the distance from the nose of the car to the front-most tip of the falcon wing doors when they're open and in the air. Does anyone have these?

There's a thread on this forum about it, but it's an estimate only.

I posted this in another thread, but posting again here too since it came up. I raised my garage door as close to my 8 foot ceiling as possible by changing the tracks and garage door motor to a Liftmaster 8500. I now have 92.5 inches of height. With the garage door above the Model X, the doors almost open fully when tested with a friend's Signature car. Outside the garage, the doors opened to just under 90 inches, so I have enough room, but the sensors stop the doors a little short of the door and the maximum opening height. View attachment 169303
I just called my garage installer. He's going to raise my rails for about $220! Thanks so much for the suggestion!!

so thanks again @rdalcanto!
I did exactly as you described, and now there's more than 12" of room above the falcon wing doors to the garage, when the garage is open!
IMG_2986.jpg

...and this is prior to elevating the garage door:
IMG_2920.jpg

Another HUGE perk is we don't have to worry about the garage door coming into contact with the car doors in any way.

• Helpful
Reactions: mikevbf