Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

This truck design had better be a joke....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The more I look at it the more it kind of grows on me. It's too big though if you ask me. They should have started with a mid size pickup. I am not buying because I don't need a truck but I think it will sell.

They should flatten out the point on the roof though and get rid of those wheels. Also maybe offer a short bed because that thing looks crazy long.
This is a short bed. Real trucks have 8' beds.

Uglu, weird....I see first thought, initial feeling, when i saw it....
Seeing many reactions that state -initial feeling-.....however, we are far away from the moment it will be on the market and people watching this design actually will eventually soften the first opinion....people will accept this and embrace it. There is a long road to go 2022....imo this is a "go" on the long haul.....and besides...electric asks for low drag coefficient, so it will always have to have this more-or-less modern look....cannot get around it. It will most likely be embraced...

Uglu, weird....I see first thought, initial feeling, when i saw it....
Seeing many reactions that state -initial feeling-.....however, we are far away from the moment it will be on the market and people watching this design actually will eventually soften the first opinion....people will accept this and embrace it. There is a long road to go 2022....imo this is a "go" on the long haul.....and besides...electric asks for low drag coefficient, so it will always have to have this more-or-less modern look....cannot get around it. It will most likely be embraced...

That is not a Chris Bangle design that's years ahead. This is just a pitiful design. The fanboys will buy, but not many others.

That is not a Chris Bangle design that's years ahead. This is just a pitiful design. The fanboys will buy, but not many others.

Now now try to be honest. Where does your eye go to over and over in this pic?

78299647-BEA7-4AB8-A59E-A254642D1C14.jpeg

Pitiful design? I don’t think that word means what you think it does. :)

Watching Test drives and different angles has helped the initial "ugly" side profile that I couldn't swallow. Maybe the reveal was just suffering from poor lighting. Still looks like there are a lot of refinements that will be made.

It will find it's market. Not gonna see one in typical suburban garages, except for perhaps one in every neighborhood for "that guy"

Couple of observations. I didn't really get it until I read the Motor Trend article and saw more pictures. The ugliness of the exterior is a direct result of the design - it's pure function over looks. As soon as I wrapped my head around that, I find that I want one. I'm a fan of function over looks.

I'm totally not "that guy", except maybe now I'm gonna be in a few years. Once you've wrapped your brain around buying a Model X, the tricked out version of this is cheap. And WAY more functional. Did I mention I'm partial to function?

No. Where’s the bed? What’s special about it?
That’s what I’m sayin’. What’s so special about this vehicle where this is commiserate of Tesla’s product line. So far Tesla’s S3XY product line has been just that...SEXY. Each vehicle has been innovative, stylish, functional and appealing to the masses which is what you want in a company...a product you can sell to everyone and make money doing so.

However, I feel Elon’s leadership has missed the mark on this, and I’d be pissed if I were a serious share holder. Just my opinion, everyone has one, and wish everyone luck on their adventure of cybertruck ownership.