Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Those who have taken delivery: Phone cable choices?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You may want to hold off until you get your car @run-the-joules -- the official Tesla-provided lightning cord sits too low to connect with my iPhone X (with a relatively thin case). I ended up installing an Anker cord instead and just threading it through. Doesn't sit as flush but at least it connects.

You may want to hold off until you get your car @run-the-joules -- the official Tesla-provided lightning cord sits too low to connect with my iPhone X (with a relatively thin case). I ended up installing an Anker cord instead and just threading it through. Doesn't sit as flush but at least it connects.

You may be right. My iPhone 8 Plus connects ok but I don't use a case. It's still not great because you need to lean forward to see where the connector is. I was thinking I might model and 3D print a better receiver for my phone. I'd like to be able to blind holster the phone if I can make that work.

Reactions: RenMan68
654DB9C3-FA3A-457D-BA87-4CDA303C8B84.jpeg
F8D1EA7C-6547-4776-A789-CE0039B50AF3.jpeg
0BBF0D83-6A5A-4D52-9CE7-77FA8D06E397.jpeg
Our car had one USB C and one Lightning installed. I purchased two Lighting cables a few months ago from the Shop Tesla page. An iPhone X with the Apple silicone case barely connects to the charging cable. You slide the glossy trim piece to the left to access the cable ends.

I too had a challenge getting my iPhone 6 ( with case ) to connect. So I placed a thin piece of flat card stalk under the connector and behind it, this raised the connector enough and works well now. The added thickness of protective cases creates some fit challenges for the design.

I need a micro connector, does anyone know if they have the cables at the delivery centers for purchase? I'm holding out for dual motors so I've got plenty of time to order and receive one in the mail but I'm sure I'll forget it on delivery day and leave it at home.

Do they not give you the option of getting a micro usb cable?

I would need two USB C ones, but I'll wait to see what my options are whenever the day comes

I need a micro connector, does anyone know if they have the cables at the delivery centers for purchase? I'm holding out for dual motors so I've got plenty of time to order and receive one in the mail but I'm sure I'll forget it on delivery day and leave it at home.

All, this may be old information but they sell Apple Lightning, Micro USB and USB-C.
Model 3 Phone Charging Cable

• Informative
Reactions: UZJedi
I’ll probably just order the official one because I know it’ll be right, but thanks!
I think this is the way to go. At least for those that need a micro USB connector. I did a lot of searching on Amazon for something that would work and based on what I found none of the right angle cables have a long enough end on it to reach where the phone would sit. The other good thing about the official micro USB cable is that it has a reversible end so it will work for both the driver and passenger installations.

1116143-00-A_0.jpg