Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Three months of ownership: exhaustive list of issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My exhaustive list of serious issues over 3 mos of ownership:
  1. someone dinged my door
  2. the car could use a wash
  3. I need to get off my can and rotate the tires

It's an amazing car and I look forward to driving it every morning. I feel like i'm part of a secret club of awesomeness. That is all.

I'll respect your experience if you will respect the experience of those who have had to get multiple issues with their cars taken care of and it has taken much longer than it does at a traditional dealership.

I'll respect your experience if you will respect the experience of those who have had to get multiple issues with their cars taken care of and it has taken much longer than it does at a traditional dealership.

Absolutely. Been there done that with my previous car - subaru. I'm not a fanboy of any brand. Despite my luck(?), I have plenty of concerns about tesla in general and with Musk specifically.

My post was an off the cuff statement of how pleased I am with the product this far. Nothing more.

Just rotated my tires at 13k miles. Costco said they’d do it for $25. I ended up taking it to a Tesla Service center in Oceanside for $60. They also checked my car all around and torqued down all of my bolts on my suspension after mentioning a “thunk” in my left front axle when turning right into a driveway. Afterwards the sound seems to have been resolved, and upon inspection of my tire wear, surprisingly they are all close to looking brand new! Pretty darn impressed with the car thus far!!!

Got my tires rotated at 6K...

My main issue is worry about leaving my baby somewhere where it could get door-dinged or broken into.

I used to have a short list of gripes, but Tesla service has fixed them all.
Well the issue with rainwater dripping into the trunk isn't easily fixable, so I just have to be careful about keeping the trunk fully closed when it is raining.
Thankfully I live in an area where it doesn't rain much.

Just rotated my tires at 13k miles. Costco said they’d do it for $25. I ended up taking it to a Tesla Service center in Oceanside for $60. They also checked my car all around and torqued down all of my bolts on my suspension after mentioning a “thunk” in my left front axle when turning right into a driveway. Afterwards the sound seems to have been resolved, and upon inspection of my tire wear, surprisingly they are all close to looking brand new! Pretty darn impressed with the car thus far!!!

This ia a pretty good example of why I think there may be less variance in the initial quality between cars then there is variance in the perception of their respective owners. To some, a suspension clunk is a minor issue mentioned in passing when servicing the tires. To the likes of me, clunking suspensions are a sign of appalling quality, lack of care and pride in their work - I’m not talking about assembly workers here but about those designing assembly procedures, putting together the training and after-sales support programs etc. This one issue in particular I have so far come across in 3 cars, new and old.

Coincidentally, my car’s now in for the 8th time for, among other things, the second suspension clunk. It’s been sitting there for 3 weeks waiting some random part. Fine product and experience indeed!

Last edited:
131k miles, never rotate tires. If your rear are wearing out, rotating will not fix that. Just buy new tire. By the way, it is impossible to align rear arms, if you are wearing out a rear, you have to change A arms. There is no adjustment in rear.
Car wash, cost $5. Drivethru, 5 minutes.

• Informative
Reactions: NeverFollow
131k miles, never rotate tires. If your rear are wearing out, rotating will not fix that. Just buy new tire. By the way, it is impossible to align rear arms, if you are wearing out a rear, you have to change A arms. There is no adjustment in rear.
Car wash, cost $5. Drivethru, 5 minutes.
131k miles on a model 3? Also point of rotating tires is to try and get a little more life out of them before replacing.