Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Tire service lift pad adapter speciality tool

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A70ACED9-ACF6-4410-811D-7999C43FB92D.jpeg
Why is the saddle plate limit no smaller than 3.75"?
I designed the tools around the proper floor jack to lift a Tesla, due to weight and the limited factory lift area.
The smaller floor jacks do not give enough stability when lifting due to a small wheel base and width.
I found no reason to design these for a old design floor jack that should be used on a 100k$ vehicle.
The saddle area on the correct floor jack more evenly distributes the weight of the vehicle which allows again a more even weight distribution on the tool.
Anything smaller will pinch the tool and cause damage.

Does @Murphy’s Law have me on ignore? I've asked a few questions and even bought one, but never got any responses back.
I replied to your message and even gave you my cell number which you failed to call me.
I do the best I can answering questions even if I’ve explained before or are fairly self explanatory.
I run now 3 businesses with this and do my best. I worked 12 hours straight today and came home to package orders which took 3 hours.
You seemed to be displeased I hadn’t answered your questions but dialed to follow thru and call me. You have my number call anytime you need.

• Helpful
Reactions: davidc18
I designed the tools around the proper floor jack to lift a Tesla, due to weight and the limited factory lift area.
The smaller floor jacks do not give enough stability when lifting due to a small wheel base and width.
I found no reason to design these for a old design floor jack that should be used on a 100k$ vehicle.
The saddle area on the correct floor jack more evenly distributes the weight of the vehicle which allows again a more even weight distribution on the tool.
Anything smaller will pinch the tool and cause damage.

Thanks for the reply. I just bought one of these RakJaks air lifts which has a 3.25" saddle plate. I'm hoping that's sufficient.

upload_2018-3-27_7-28-46.png

I just got the Model S lift adapter from you today, and it's made very well. The plastic is much more rigid than I expected, and I think it will work fine with the RakJak. I'll test in soon and report back.

I replied to your message and even gave you my cell number which you failed to call me.
I do the best I can answering questions even if I’ve explained before or are fairly self explanatory.

Yes, thank you, but like yourself, I was pretty busy yesterday and couldn't call immediately.

Reactions: Murphy’s Law
Ok, here's my solution to lifting a Tesla for seasonal tire/wheel changes. [I would not use this for working under the car, though].

I bought a 2-ton RakJak pneumatic lift (see: RakJak™ 2 Ton Double Bag Air Jack)

I got mine on ebay a week ago when they had that 20% off sale: Unitec DBT2 RakJak 2 Ton Pneumatic Jack 69060287622 | eBay so I paid $365.

You also need a small air compressor. I use this Dewalt model: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000HZJMFM/ (paid $138)

Plus @Murphy’s Law lift pad adapter. (paid $40 plus shipping)

The RakJak comes with it's own jack/saddle pad, but you can see it has these little 'crown' type ridges..

upload_2018-3-27_11-43-56.png

... which actually makes it too high to fit under the car with the ML lift adapter (with SAS set on maximum height)... so it's removable, and I just use the flat plate below it to lift the car -- the weight is spread evenly over the entire jack plate and the lift adapter.

Here's a quick video -- I lift the car just enough to get the wheel off the ground for changing. The lift actually goes much higher. This is much easier than rolling a floor jack around, and having to manually pump it up and down.

Once the car is lifted to the proper height, the compressor will stop running -- it's only running to reload the 1 gallon air tank and not keep the air jack lifted (it only appears that way).

I will get a block of some material (a 2x4 or hockey pucks?) to fill the initial gap between the lift plate and the lift adapter, so even if the air jack fails, it will fail safe and still hold the car without a wheel off the ground with no air pressure at all.

Reactions: Murphy’s Law
Ok, here's my solution to lifting a Tesla for seasonal tire/wheel changes. [I would not use this for working under the car, though].

I got mine on ebay a week ago when they had that 20% off sale: Unitec DBT2 RakJak 2 Ton Pneumatic Jack 69060287622 | eBay so I paid $365.

You also need a small air compressor. I use this Dewalt model: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000HZJMFM/ (paid $138)

The RakJak comes with it's own jack/saddle pad, but you can see it has these little 'crown' type ridges..

View attachment 289609

... which actually makes it too high to fit under the car with the ML lift adapter (with SAS set on maximum height)... so it's removable, and I just use the flat plate below it to lift the car -- the weight is spread evenly over the entire jack plate and the lift adapter.

Here's a quick video -- I lift the car just enough to get the wheel off the ground for changing. The lift actually goes much higher. This is much easier than rolling a floor jack around, and having to manually pump it up and down.

Once the car is lifted to the proper height, the compressor will stop running -- it's only running to reload the 1 gallon air tank and not keep the air jack lifted (it only appears that way).

I will get a block of some material (a 2x4 or hockey pucks?) to fill the initial gap between the lift plate and the lift adapter, so even if the air jack fails, it will fail safe and still hold the car without a wheel off the ground with no air pressure at all.
I have a few rakjacks and they work well. Have yet to have a airbag fail on them.

Reactions: HankLloydRight
6600lb Triple Bag Air Bag Jack 3 Ton Jack Pneumatic Air Jack | eBay

View attachment 289609

I have a few rakjacks but like this one better, it’s cheaper and has a nicer lift center plate.

6600lb Triple Bag Air Bag Jack 3 Ton Jack Pneumatic Air Jack | eBay

I have a few rakjacks but like this one better, it’s cheaper and has a nicer lift center plate.

I found those on ebay, but also found this video below reviewing the cheapest air jacks on ebay, and I was not impressed. I didn't want to trust raising my Tesla with a piece of crap air jack probably made overseas. So I paid double the amount for an air jack made right here in the USA (Connecticut, even!).

It's a long video, but jump to 9:00 to see it in action:

• Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911
I found those on ebay, but also found this video below reviewing the cheapest air jacks on ebay, and I was not impressed. I didn't want to trust raising my Tesla with a piece of crap air jack probably made overseas. So I paid double the amount for an air jack made right here in the USA (Connecticut, even!).

It's a long video, but jump to 9:00 to see it in action:

I really like my rakjak but that cheapy airbag beyond the release cable breaking which is a cheap fix hasn’t given any issues, I use it for the heavy stuff like 5th wheel trailers and boat trailers.

237822C7-2904-4CA7-869A-9CBE2CCC5DF8.png 903757D0-5B1C-4AE1-AD97-B060479C3A16.png 952BEFF8-3266-4C1C-B14F-E9202AFF6ABA.png https://youtu.be/isatl-CJKAY

I had a couple of questions about how the jacknpad adapters work with lifts and I couldn’t really answer besides the standard swing arm jacks until today.
A business friend owns a detail shop here in Austin and he just got in a new platform lift specifically for EV’s, he does a lot of Tesla’s.

Once he used the pads for the Model S he bought them for the X and 3.

14D5FDFF-4289-49CE-AA7A-7BE2E9406766.jpeg
Had a few people ask about a full kit, well here’s what I came up with. These are the exact tools I use in the field.
I wasn’t about to buy and stock the floor jacks or impacts but I’ve put links to those in the description.
Tire Service Kit for Tesla Model S or X | eBay

Model S
Tesla Model S Jack Pad Lift Point Adapter Pad Tool For Tire Service | eBay

Model X
Tesla Model X Jack Pad Lift Point Adapter Pad For Tire Service Tire Change Tool | eBay

Model 3
Tesla Model 3 Jack Pad Adapter Tire Service Tool. | eBay

Last edited:
A6F13EF6-35EB-4836-91D6-A04ED9A6978D.jpeg
DC28C737-9F2E-4D5A-8A17-874F6C0439F3.jpeg
TMC only

I am giving away with your purchase a chance to win a tire service kit and a set of 4 jack pad adapters your choice of S-X-3 any mixture of the 3.

Here are the requirements.

1 must be a member or this site.

2 must send me a message on TMC with a picture of your purchase, either Ebay or PayPal direct, must show entire purchase including your name.

3 final day to purchase is the 25th of next month (August)

I will draw from the tickets on the 26th of August which I will do live on my YouTube page Murphy's Law Jack Pad Adapters

When you message me on TMC with your proof of purchase i will send a picture back of your raffle tickets, each jack pad you purchased will account for one raffle ticket.

Thank you all for your continued support and let’s see who wins on August 26th

July Sale

$40 each every model
Order 2 save $10
Order 3 save $15
Order 4 save $25
Buy 2 or more and get free upgrade to priority shipping in the U.S.

Model S
Tesla Model S Jack Pad Adapter Lift Point Pad For Tire Service Tire Change Tool | eBay

Model X
Tesla Model X Jack Pad Adapter Lift Point Pad For Tire Service Tire Change Tool | eBay

Model 3
Tesla Model 3 Jack Pad Adapter Lift Point Pad For Tire Service Tire Change Tool | eBay

Tire service kit
Tire Service Kit for Tesla Model S or X or 3 | eBay

YouTube channel
Murphy's Law Jack Pad Adapters

Facebook
Tesla tire service jack pad adapters

Last edited: