Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Tire service lift pad adapter speciality tool

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just leaving a review - I originally ordered just one to check it out. The magnetic mount is a really handy feature. I decided to order three more and am really happy to have them in my toolbox. I'm looking to add new wheels, painted calipers, and lowering springs soon - these will come in handy!

Great product. I'm taking them to Tesla SC when I go in for service too to show them.

You would be surprised that some people do have lifts at home and some own repair shops. Shipping to Canada is about 15-20 each as crazy as it sounds.
I wouldn't be surprised. I'm asking if that's why they're buying them.

Or if they're buying 4 to give to tire shops to use etc. when they take the car in.

I used hockey pucks on my 2x aluminium race jacks and while they worked well, I felt I'd prefer something that fit those little jackpads and their recessions.

Reactions: Murphy’s Law
I wouldn't be surprised. I'm asking if that's why they're buying them.

Or if they're buying 4 to give to tire shops to use etc. when they take the car in.

I used hockey pucks on my 2x aluminium race jacks and while they worked well, I felt I'd prefer something that fit those little jackpads and their recessions.
From my understanding most people that buy 4 have a lift or their own shop but mostly to the average Tesla owner that knows the chances of damage from lifting the car with the factory spot and this greatly reduces that.

Bought one from him via eBay a few weeks ago and it's already seen a lot of use already and has held up great. Good fit and magnet too - I actually forgot to remove it once, did a 4 hour round-trip drive and it was still in place when I got home.
Thank you I appreciate the review, I have put a lot of time and money in these to try and make the best fit and functionality.
I keep hearing from S owners about leaving them attached by accident. I’m guessing the new wheels or vehicle addition get y’all all giddy and because they hold up on their own they get forgotten.
I’m glad it stayed put and that you are satisfied with the jack pad adapter.

Reactions: steele
BF6FCD97-7556-4E4C-ADC9-54FD8BCF23EF.jpeg 5C3E62B6-EBEA-4768-AE95-1F3E45408ACE.jpeg

For those willing to damage there ibattery pack to save $40 let them. These are the same people that will use a rock instead of a hammer.

Your public rock/hammer comment is mildly offensive. Some of us are capable of making our own accurate Tesla jack pad adapters, the use of which doesn't risk damage to our battery packs.

And no, I don't generally use a rock as a hammer.
I use a brick.

View attachment 265445 View attachment 265446

Your public rock/hammer comment is mildly offensive. Some of us are capable of making our own accurate Tesla jack pad adapters, the use of which doesn't risk damage to our battery packs.

And no, I don't generally use a rock as a hammer.
I use a brick.
I wasn’t referring to yours I have seen a few that are very rudamentuary I think is the word. Yours looks quite sturdy but as most of us who have the mechanical apptitide to make a tool we always feel ours is better.

Kudos for having that ability and yes I’ve seen people grab a brick for a hammer as well.

Just curious, as I 3D print as well (Printing ABS right now). Just wondering why you didnt just make a mold from a print and cast these parts in a stiff rubber? Seems like you have the volume to justify it.
I tried many materials and found the abs top and rubber bottom made the best combination, you need a soft but dense bottom to allow for upward force and at the same time a squish that helps mold onto the jack plate. The abs allows for the magnets to be placed and a surface that has enough fill/strength to again keep the jack plate away from the battery pack. I tested a few different densities of rubber and abs fill to find the right combo.
And lastly 3d mailable material is very expensive and wouldn’t have a benefit over the materials i use now.

These jack pad adapters have been thru a lot of testing by myself and team along with a few Tesla service centers/rangers and also many discount tire locations.

So that’s the short answer in long form.

Reactions: Murphy’s Law