Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since I live in LA with lots of potholes, I was thinking it it might be better to get the 18 inch wheels, but they look so ugly. Maybe 18" aftermarket wheels?

I think there will be aftermarket replacements for the "hubcap" part of the 18' Aero wheels. They might keep the range advantage of the Aero while adding a little more style, and be less expensive than all new wheels.

Which would be incorrect since the S doesn't have 18" rims.

Sorry, to be specific I meant:
Offset: +40
PCD: 5X120
Center Bore: 64.1mm

Size of rim can be different, but above specs need to match to mount properly. Model S 19 and 21" wheels size have same specs as above. I am betting a shiny nickel that Telsa uses same offset, PCD and center bore specs on the Model 3. 18" specs for Model 3 should be no different than 19" as above.

Last edited:
Post photos of 18 inch aftermarket wheels that look like they could be stock Tesla style wheels, but not the fugly Aero design. I am searching for some suitable replacements too.

I want a nicer ride, so no 19 inch wheels for me.

Might be jumping the gun, but I got a great deal on 4 used 19" Model S rims/tires ($450.00). Took them to Discount Tire and had tires removed and I got $100 credit for them since I'll be getting new tires. I may have the rims powder coated or just refinished. Overall very nice condition. Crossing my fingers that Tesla doesn't change PCD, offset and center-bore for Model 3.

• Informative
Reactions: tracksyde
I was searching for wheel options as well in 18"s and found these at unplugged performance for the Model 3 specific OEM fit and wow!!!
Unplugged-Performance-UP02-Lightweight-Wheels-Tesla9-1200x800-640x480.jpg

Size of rim can be different, but above specs need to match to mount properly. Model S 19 and 21" wheels size have same specs as above. I am betting a shiny nickel that Telsa uses same offset, PCD and center bore specs on the Model 3. 18" specs for Model 3 should be no different than 19" as above.

Thanks, this will open up more possibilites with 18x8 or 18x8.5 wheels using centering rings to match the center bore.

Only the PCD has to be the same.
Center bore can be larger, and then centering rings can reduce it down to fit the Tesla. Smaller centrebore can usually be machined out.. but that is a lot more of a hassle than fitting centring rings.
Offset needs to be similar, +/- 5mm probably wont make any difference, and some buyers will no doubt be deliberately changing offset to get the "stanced" look.

If you go to tirerack.com use a bmw Z4 as your search model, they have 5 x 120 PCD and larger centre-bore, and similar offset.

I found these gems... Pure Class very subtle and classy on a black model 3 IMO ;)

Stock 18":
235/45/18 Michelin MXM4

Stock 19":
235/40/19 Continental ContiProContact

I'm 90% decided I will be getting stock 18" aeros and upgrading to lightweight 19" Vorsteiner VFF-103 wheels (19"x9.5", +22 offset, 5x120 bolt pattern, 22lbs each) for my performance Model 3. If the performance model has staggered tire sizes like Model S/X, I will wrap the rears in 265/35/19 Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires. That size keeps the same exact outer diameter of the stock setup (which is what's important) while increasing the rear tire width by about an inch.

The +22 offset does nothing but push the wheels out 18mm (~2/3's of an inch) from stock to "fill" the rear fenders for a sportier look, it makes no actual noticeable difference other than that. From my estimations this will fill the fenders out nicely while providing enhanced performance/grip at the cost of higher rolling resistance. Wheels shown below:

vff-103-graphite-bmw-m4-4.jpg

• Disagree
Reactions: hckyplyr
No way that is the same wheel that is under the aero covers. The spoke shape is completely different. They are just random wheels used on the release candidates.
Are you sure?

Aero:
Tesla aero wheels.PNG

Wheel in question:
Tesla aero base wheels.PNG

Overlay and MATCH:
Tesla aero wheels superimp.PNG

I got the photo from this posting:
Model 3 wheel options

It looks to be the same one as @Jason Bourne referenced above...

Reactions: DR61